• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 gets a new logo.

Apoc29

vTIQykj.png

I think a company should always try to respect its roots and not fall for the flat modern (soon to be old?) look with just a plain sans serif.

Would rather see them just drop the 3D-effect, or try to find something new with traces left of the "original" logo in some way.

tACuske.jpg

Mokujin

E kind of annoys me but it's an ok logo, certainly cleaner than the old one but not an outstanding redesign either.

Edit: Damn, I was musing about that negative space figure while reading OP, of course Gaf is fast to create a new E3 creature to make E3 bear company, good job Gaf!! /slowclap

AerialAir

Banned
I'm actually okay with this, it's not too "geometric" or Helvetic-inspired design, which seems to be a non-stop trend among designers.

E kind of annoys me but it's an ok logo, certainly cleaner than the old one but not an outstanding redesign either.

I especially like the E, but hey, but to each his own, I suppose.

Luigiv

Not terrible but overall I'm not a fan. That misshapen 'E' bother's me.

Edit: ^^^^^ Poster above has the right idea.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Letter E looks like the blade of a bulldozer trying to push away the number 3. Negative space is - a puzzle piece? The design is OK, but unless i"m missing something, it doesn't signal any association with games, interactivity, entertainment....

Don't like it. This would be better imho:

V5eJo8N.png
I agree. E shape that they've chosen just rings somehow design tryhard, with no real meaning to it.

Nev

Banned
Generic and soulless.

'Look how 2017 we are with these flats and pastels and minimalism'.

And I'm here only seeing how boring and sheeple you are.

Would rather have 90s overdesign to this garbage made in 3 minutes.

Nyehhhh.

Original was way better. Even if it was fairly "old hat" in design it was striking and felt like it embodied a playful spirit of creativity. This looks like I'm looking at every minimalist logo ever, or like it's sponsored by THQ or Bethesda or something.

The old logo looked like it was a special on Fox Kids.

Don't like it. This would be better imho:

V5eJo8N.png
This is far better. In the new logo all the interaction happens on the bottom of the three and looks like an afterthought thrown in when someone complained the design was boring. If you are going to use a clean, modern font keep the overall design clean and modern.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I find it uninspired. The old logo I think was much more enjoyable.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
As always new logos are sterile and lack creativity, the old one looked old but it was unique and recognizable, logo designers apparently doesn't consider the fact that they are working for an industry where fantasy and creativity is the key and that should be reflected in their work, instead we always get logos that look like powerpoint presentation titles.

Clean and simple don't mean sterile and lacking creativity.

Top Bottom