• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Early reactions to Alien: Covenant are in

He is the producer and he did develop the script with the writer.

I don't think he really did much "script developing."

From what I understand, he asked Michael Green (who he originally had write Covenant for him before bumping him for John Logan) to take Hampton Fancher's original scripts for Blade Runner and turn them into a sequel to Deckard's story.

I believe most of what 2049 is comes down to Green/Villeneuve working together, not Scott/Villeneuve.

Scott was too busy making this to have any solid input on 2049.

I don't think he really did much "script developing."

From what I understand, he asked Michael Green (who he originally had write Covenant for him before bumping him for John Logan) to take Hampton Fancher's original scripts for Blade Runner and turn them into a sequel to Deckard's story.

I believe most of what 2049 is comes down to Green/Villeneuve working together, not Scott/Villeneuve.

Scott was too busy making this to have any solid input on 2049.

I had read he had worked with Hampton Fancher for years building a story he wanted to make and then changed to other commitments at the last minute.

This is your fault

I think the truth is closer to "he kept Hampton Fancher on the hook for a couple years and then basically tossed Fancher's old drafts at Michael Green while breaking Covenant's story"

Well reading the story from 2015 where he discusses the opening sequence seems to confirm he indeed took the original Blade Runner opening scene and got it in there. It can also be confirmed by the trailers that is in there. We'll see what happens with the rest of it.

jett

D-Member
These are his best movies tho....

giphy.gif

Top Bottom