• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Earthbound Beginnings (Mother 1 on Virtual Console) announced, out today

watershed

Banned
Cool but I wish it was a remake and not a WiiU exclusive. I wonder if this is all Nintendo has in store for Earthbound or if there is more...

excited-nets-fan-nba-fans.gif

lewisgone

I'm so happy. Buying this tomorrow. Feeling hope for Mother 3 someday but for now this is more than I expected. Such a shock, I had only just turned on the stream.

Razmos

What was the music that was playing in the background while the 3 people were sat on the couch talking about Earthbound Beginnings on the livestream? it sounded so familiar.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Unexpected... but cool!

Firehead

Thank you, Nintendo. I freaked the fuck out and scared my boyfriend. Holy fucking shit. They have me so fucking hyped now.

Griss

As cool as this is I'm not sure why you'd play Mother if you've played Earthbound. Very similar, by all accounts, but it's accepted that Earthbound is mile better.

Mother 3, on the other hand...

Skulldead

I don't know why everybody is so happy about that, the game was translate by nintendo 25 years ago... NINTENDO, no work was require to release this game. I'm supprise they never did it before.

.JayZii

Banned
That's pretty cool! I don't actually like the first Mother game that much compared to 2 and 3, but this should have happened a long time ago.

Mother 3 will happen.

They actually are localizing this, Mother 3 is GOING to happen.

Oh my god.

They already localized Mother Zero ages ago, it's just been unreleased. Like Star Fox 2.

EDIT: Holy crap 4 pages. The fanbase may be small, but it sure is thirsty.

An NES game that was never released outside of Japan. It's a pretty huge deal for anyone that doesn't like playing on emulators.

Which is a pretty significant number of people, actually.

King_Moc

Banned
Ha ha, that's ridiculous. Longest time for a localisation ever? Well, better late than never I guess. And it probably means Mother 3 soon.

hemo memo

Gold Member
2.) If you post a news thread, make sure it contains actual details of the news at hand. If your thread is simply Title: "OMG KIRBY WII U ANNOUNCED!" Body: "ON THE STREAM!" your thread will be locked and we reserve the right to junior you, since this goes against normal thread policies anyway.

C'mon

Top Bottom