• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Earthbound Beginnings (Mother 1 on Virtual Console) announced, out today

Porcile

Didn't Mother 1 get an official but unreleased English translation though? It's an easy release. Mother 3. that's a whole different beast.

LowParry

GXGUJ.gif

That ain't Mother 3.

D-Man

I am so fucking happy right now. This was the last thing I ever expected Nintendo to do.

Hopefully they officially release Mother 3 in the nearby future!!

Nice, downloading as soon as it's up in US. I think this means Mother 3 for wii U VC is a shoe-in now. I freaking love Nintendo surprise releases.

This place is so freaking weird, the game has been available in English for probably close to a decade now but OMG HOLY SHIT MEGATON!!!!!!!

Yes it's nice Nintendo finally decided to get around to it, but it's pretty fucking late in the game for this to be finally happening. Moreover, it doesn't mean we'll ever get a new game.

Resilient

I don't know why everybody is so happy about that, the game was translate by nintendo 25 years ago... NINTENDO, no work was require to release this game. I'm supprise they never did it before.

Cause people can finally play a game in a series, legally, that they will enjoy, for a reasonably low price too.

Really wish they would do a retranslation instead of just a rom dump of the prototype. Cool news for people who haven't played it even though it's not all that great. Mother 3 better get announced.

Mr. RPG

Hopefully they will Tuesday.

I really doubt it to be honest, but I would love to be wrong!

Like others have said, the translation was already done. They didn't really have to do much to put this on the eShop. Mother 3 will require them to actually put new work in to it.

I don't think some people realize how big and important this is for Mother fans. Something like this would have been unheard of from NoA just a few years ago.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Edit: aw fuck it mobile going crazy on me

Clov

Very surprised that they actually released this! I'll pick it up later today. Never actually finished the original Mother, so this will be a nice challenge.

Ishida

Banned
Why is everyone getting so excited over a port?

I don't understand it either. Even as the massive Mother/Earthbound fanboy that I am, I really don't understand the claims of "Megaton". I guess people are truly starving for pretty much anything these days.....

Top Bottom