• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EARWOLF |OT| Podcasts for Daddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently started listening to Nerd Poker and I'm really enjoying it. I'm only about 5 episodes in but I'm loving the complete randomness of El Ryan. "Don't forget, I'm naked."

Vert boil

They're not going to continue to do episodes with the various hosts?

The Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project?

Eight are planned. Beyond that we don't know if this is just a one off thing or if they have plans within plans.
I haven't seen any mention of the release schedule. Andy said at the end of the episode "see you next week" but given how much Earwolf seems to have fannied about with the series premiering, I'm waiting to see if it pops up on Thursday in my feed.

big ander

They'll find a way to keep it going I'm sure. Maybe in periodic short runs, as in after these 8 are done it'll be gone for 10 months and come back with 8 more. But if people like it (and it sure as hell seem like they do, and I know I loved the first episode) there's no way they'd just stop at 8. Daly and Gourley will make up some development in the wraparound about how the premise of the show is shifting or something-- it's lofty but imagine a wrap-up episode after all the pilot where they somehow interview every host, and then a twist causes them to break off the season and have a slightly shifted premise when it comes back. I dunno, but something like that will happen. I mean Analyze Phish was kept going just because people liked it even though its basis ran its course, can't see why they wouldn't do the same here.

Vert boil

That reminds me. We are still waiting for the latest episode of Analyze Phish with Ku-Ku. It's been an age since they went to the show.

big ander

Right? They went in fall or something. Scott's brought it up in a couple CBBs but only to say that they're holding onto it, or finishing editing or something. I guess if they recorded an entire concert night, from multiple people possibly, it would take a long time to go through everything and piece it all together into a ~2hr podcast. But I'm excited to hear it, so many people went.

Bread

Banned
people are talking about a U2 podcast with Scott and Adam Scott on the earwolf boards, i guess fogelnest confirmed it on his latest episode.

big ander

people are talking about a U2 podcast with Scott and Adam Scott on the earwolf boards, i guess fogelnest confirmed it on his latest episode.

Oh hell yes. I wonder if it's Adam trying to convince Scott to like U2, just like classic AP, or if the roles will change.

Bread

Banned
Oh hell yes. I wonder if it's Adam trying to convince Scott to like U2, just like classic AP, or if the roles will change.
i'm fairly confident adam scott mentioned that he liked u2 on the analyze phish episode that he was on.

but i could be wrong.

big ander

Yeah the U2 thing was no doubt what Scott was hinting at the latest Comedy Bahhueabya.

Scottlebot really should get NASIIIIM PEDRAAAAD just so he can shout that at her all show.

Andy Daly podcast was absolutely amazing. At first when it started I thought it would be just him and was disappointed, then I looked up the cast photo on the site and saw all the names and faces and kept going. So glad I did.

Andy was on fucking fire that day. I love the energy that that many people bring to a podcast. I want to hear laughs dammit.

big ander

Haven't heard Hail Satan, hope I like it better.

Listened to Fogelnest though, the Scott/Adam show is called "Are You Talking U2 To Me?" and differs from Analyze Phish in that it's not about one convincing the other: they both like U2 and are just going to talk about U2. Feb 25th.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
whaaaaaaaaaaaaat

i loved it, andy and sean conroy had amazing chemistry. chip's tips and tip's chips had me dying.

Chip's tips and tip's chips was the only funny part for me. Everything else just seemed like the same joke over and over again.

For the record, I loved the Dalton Wilcox one.

EDIT: On a more positive note, I found I4H great this week. When Erin said "shame" I burst out laughing at that and the reactions of everyone else.

big ander

Hail Satan was a considerable step down from Wit and Wisdom, but it was still fun. I just felt like a huge chunk of it in there with the game shows was underdeveloped. So just over and over they bring up a couple anonymous characters given no time to develop, then kill them. Didn't do anything for me. Neither did Carol Channing. Chip's chips and Tip's tips and Chip's tips and Tip's chips was funny, Chocolate Pudding Does Whatever The Fuck He Wants amusing, and the discussion before any of the actual games started was good.

Thune and Meredith (molly?) Coldwell were a ton of fun, though I don't love Thune like a lot of other CBB listeners apparently. Just kinda like him. His WYR game was on point though.

Acid08

Banned
Latest CBB ep was good. Didn't laugh all that much but I enjoyed it. Thought the last HDTGM was really disappointing considering how much Paul hyped the movie up on the mini-ep. The MK ep was way better.

big ander

"Do people ever confuse your name with a number?" "Like ten?" [off-mic PFT laughter]

These Gilly/Garry eps never disappoint, so hilarious. Gillian is so consistently manic, the addition of Wiseman worked so much better than you'd think.

*cantina theme*

Vert boil

First episode of U Talkin’ U2 To Me? is out, From Boy to Under a Blood Red Sky.

image1iup2u.jpg

wetflame

Pizza Dog
As someone who knew very little about U2 outside of their bigger singles, after listening to U Talkin' U2 2 Me I know feel like I have heard of U2. Adam Scott's such a great guest on podcasts, enjoyed that a lot.

Now I've got Travel Bug with August Lindt to look forward to. Hoping it's another good one, seeing that PFT is on there is definitely a good sign.

Bread

Banned
travel bug was the absolute best, I was almost crying laughing at the shit HH Giger was saying and PFT's laughs in the background.

big ander

UTU2TM was far more enjoyable than I thought it would be. I had a U2 phase around 12/13 when Atomic Bomb came out but never really got into them fully and never cared enough to do so. Scott and Scott didn't cause me to make them a priority, but they did make just talking about U2 affable and a good listen. I wish they'd just play the music more actually, but I get why they don't. On Phish the clips felt curated and aimed to convince me. Here though they're not convincing anyone, just...reminiscing. Which ended up being the best parts, Adam and Scott thinking back on high school or church life. Adams story about dire straits lyrics was painful and wonderful.

Short version: ACHTUNG! Bebehh

Bread

Banned
ders you gotta listen to travel bug if you haven't already

it's like 2 hours of AchTUNG babaeh level of greatness bits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom