• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

East Coast Throwdown 3 | Fighting game tournament | June 25-26

Azure J

_dementia said:
Imagine if Art screws with the equipment during Grand Finals

Then the EVO Postshow would be Spooky VS Arturo 2: New Age of Equipment Failures. Also I can't get enough of Peacock's curbstomp hyper. :lol

USD

There are a lot of Joshes in the fight game community (funny, I was making a list of this yesterday):

NerdJosh, Josh the Funkdoc, MrQuotes, WolfKrone, Josh Wong, Josh Wigfall, Zidane

Also lots of Ryans:

RyRy, Ryder, Gootecks, Filipino Champ, Ryan Hunter, Inthul, Perfect Sin

Azure J

_dementia said:
HOLY SHIT at Filia's winpose. That shit is hilarious.

How haven't I seen this before? :lol

Edit: Jesus I love/hate stream monsters for making me laugh hard at "Marn Bomb" (Peacock's Fat Man super)

Agent X

Very cool that this tournament is taking place in my neck of the woods. Sadly, I'm not able to attend in person, but I'm checking out the stream now.

Azure J

Oldschoolgamer said:
A 2000 point bonus pops up on some old brawler type shit, for killing two characters off at the same time. lol

Only way this could be more awesome is if you heard a birthday noisemaker go off. :lol

USD

I remember hearing that XAQshinor is supposedly godlike at Marvel 3 (this was a month or two ago). Want to see what all the hype was about.

Skull girls looks good to play, at first a few weeks back I thought it looked like a random mess but all these fights are showing me the light.

Azure J

OH MY FUCKING GOD

Spooky busting out the real poverty references with the "Street Champion" condoms/sexual aids there. :lol

Kimosabae

Banned
I hope Mike Z succeeds with his game on principle, but I can't stand looking at it. Just not my thing, aesthetically. I still give the demo a shot when it's released, though.

zlatko

Banned
Kimosabae said:
I hope Mike Z succeeds with his game on principle, but I can't stand looking at it. Just not my thing, aesthetically. I still give the demo a shot when it's released, though.

There's a demo confirmed? That might help me out. I like the Peacock character, but I want to know how it plays. I would also like to see what the full roster will look. The game of course seems to lack a lot of polish in interface, and the animations definitely aren't all that to me, and it seems like every stage has the same music playing.

I don't want to write it off entirely, but if I had to buy it right now off of what I've seen till now I'd pass.

This is looking better than last time I saw it (GB Quick Look). Character design is a bit hit and miss for me- I like this new character, but the girl with the 'roid arms coming out her heads, I'm not a fan of her. Maybe it's the crazy proportions. IDK.

The animation and sprite-work is fantastic, though.

I really don't care for the animations honestly. I like the styling of them, but they seem to lack fluidity. Well, a lack in number of frames, I should say. I always wonder if things like SF3 have completely killed me when it comes to 2D animations because of the God-Tier quality of them. I'm really not trying to judge the game too harshly, because it looks amazing considering its a download-developed titled.

vocab

abstract alien said:
I always wonder if things like SF3 have completely killed me when it comes to 2D animations because of the God-Tier quality of them.

The answer is yes. SFIV is all the evidence you need.

zlatko

Banned
mastershake said:
What happened i missed it. I passed out on my keyboard watching MK

I've got some bad news. First few hours will be MK9 only, so you might want to go do something else.

zlatko said:
I've got some bad news. First few hours will be MK9 only, so you might want to go do something else.
I have some suggestions as to what he can do, but I want to keep posting privileges, so I'll just say there's guaranteed to be a SSFIV stream going on every streaming site on the internet. Enjoy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
zlatko said:
Thanks for the heads up, gonna see if SS2K11 has some of today(?)'s matches already up to catch up.

zlatko

Banned
enzo_gt said:
Thanks for the heads up, gonna see if SS2K11 has some of today(?)'s matches already up to catch up.

Some Starcraft 2 streams going on too if you are into that. On the front page under HomeStory Cup.

Spooky was saying MK9 should wrap up a bit faster than usual, so when it starts I'd say an hour and a half.

Slamtastic said:
I have some suggestions as to what he can do, but I want to keep posting privileges, so I'll just say there's guaranteed to be a SSFIV stream going on every streaming site on the internet. Enjoy.

cute

zlatko

Banned
Slamtastic said:
Glad MK is first, that way instead of checking back to see if it's on I can just watch then leave.

I kind of wish tournaments would start doing 2v2 for MK at events, even if it's just for a side fun tournament. I think it'd be a lot more engaging for viewers to see 2 people square off against 2 people. Mike Ross and Gootecks vs Tom Brady and PerfectLegend. :O

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
damn you USD. I don't have the strength to stream monster 24/7 all weekend. :c

Top Bottom