• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eastbound & Down - Season 4 - Kenny Powers is back for 8 episodes - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

inm8num2

If they ended the season with Kenny dying... I would actually find it fitting and quite funny. After all, we have been rooting for the bad guy the past four seasons.

Plus McBride and Hill certainly have no qualms with going to dark places.

You're right - we've essentially been rooting for the bad guy. He's an asshole, but we find his crudeness and arrogance charming.

I'm thinking Kenny's true death will be total public humiliation and a fall into complete and total obscurity. No family, no friends, no fans. He wanted the fame, and to get it he destroyed many things around him.

Polari

Plus McBride and Hill certainly have no qualms with going to dark places.

You're right - we've essentially been rooting for the bad guy. He's an asshole, but we find his crudeness and arrogance charming.

I'm thinking Kenny's true death will be total public humiliation and a fall into complete and total obscurity. No family, no friends, no fans. He wanted the fame, and to get it he destroyed many things around him.

I doubt it - it's not supposed to be a moralistic tale. KP will end the season on top. The no friends and no family part might be true though.

Clevinger

Even if he loses his family and friends he'll still have that robot.

And that's all that matters.

last scene of the show:

Kenny accidentally steps on Robot, breaking it

fade to black on a closeup of Robot's shattered face with Kenny sobbing uncontrollably in the background

New episode tonight:
Episode 27

Kenny is rattled when Guy introduces a wild card to the show; Stevie enlists Maria's help to promote Kenny's side business; April is frustrated with "Famous Kenny."

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Maybe the best episode yet. The confrontation on the lake with the jetpacks, my god.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
It was Marilyn Manson, check the credits
oBavBNC.png

that sure as hell looks like Tambor, too
DNiPrQ5.png

Grinchy

Banned
I love this fucking show. It has these ups and downs where one episode is ridiculously hilarious and the next is somber and then the next is redemptive. It's just so damn good. This is definitely the best season yet.

The live mic thing seemed so obvious once it happened, but it was still so unexpected. I wonder what the plan is now. Is Kenny going to take over the show?

Nether!

Wow!
This is fantastic.
I can't believe the show is this good at this point.
Pretty sad now that it's over this year for good.
Hopefully there's another season.

Wow!
This is fantastic.
I can't believe the show is this good at this point.
Pretty sad now that it's over this year for good.
Hopefully there's another season.

There are still two more episodes, if the thread title is to be believed.

Great episode, love KP

chris121580

Wow can't believe people are hating on Young. Kenny deserves everything he gets. He's needed that talk for a long ass time.

Agreed. Guy is the one who gave Kenny a shot to be relevant again. Kenny should be thankful for it but we all know that's not the type of person that he is.

I am in awe over how good this is, best comedy show ever.

So sad that its the last season :(

I doubt any other comedy show will be able to compete with the brilliance that is eastbound and down. Kenny and his friends are just the best characters ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom