• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ed officially revealed for Street Fighter V

Village

It's weird how much work went into music, animations, stages and special intros that we haven't seen outside of story mode. It's been nearly a year and we still can't use the stage in Urien's character art even though it's right there in the game files.

Its there if you have a pc

Got that shit modded in

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
0K4pE3T.gif

Not a fan of the outfit but he looks kinda fun at least.

The disdain comes from leveraging a pile of dull assets. Not that hard to understand. If they reused remade Hakan, Oro, etc., would be one thing. But if you're going to introduce new fighters, don't have them come from a half assed last minute story mode that was slapped together to stop the bleeding.

So far both of the new characters that featured in the story mode had entirely new models that look significantly different, so where is the asset reuse? If people like the choices or not, so far Capcom has made more effort than anybody thought when it began to become clear many of these 'newcomers' were in the story. Like, I know people have an axe to grind against this game, but damn.

It's weird how much work went into music, animations, stages and special intros that we haven't seen outside of story mode. It's been nearly a year and we still can't use the stage in Urien's character art even though it's right there in the game files.

Really hoping that at some point they just dump all these stages and make them fight money purchasable. I guess a major hurdle is they're running out of menu space for stages...

Endo Punk

I've got 220k FM and I'm doing the weekly challenges. So far bought a few colours, 3 new stages and 3 characters. Gonna be very choosy whom I pick next. Do not intend to spend any real money on characters.

Hopefully there's a season 2 story mode or arcade mode release this year for more fight money.

Gren

Really hoping that at some point they just dump all these stages and make them fight money purchasable. I guess a major hurdle is they're running out of menu space for stages...
Nah they got plenty of room; just make the preview pics smaller and add another row.

I mostly rushed through the Story Mode for the FM, didn't realize the unique stages had their own OSTs. Now I want those stages (without having to replace others) too.

ZenTzen

What the game really needs right now isnt stages or costumes, what the game needs is:
- less stubby normals
- bigger combo variety
- new moves and return of some characters movesets from previous games (Ryus donkey kick, juris dive kick special/teleport counter/3 fireball types, karins rekkas and command grab, Alexs DDT, etc)
- reworked v-triggers and v-skills for some characters, like cammy or karins for example
- at least 2 types of v-triggers and CAs that a player can choose from in character select
- trying to fix input lag even further
-even better netcode (which i'm hoping with this new cfn beta and later update)

What we definetly do not need is the waste of resources making more chun-li costumes

Gren

But that wasn't their point. It was wishing Capcom would make assets they already created & put in the game accessible outside of a single mode. Doing that would no doubt be far easier than any one of the points on your list.

ZenTzen

But that wasn't their point. It was wishing Capcom would make assets they already created & put in the game accessible outside of a single mode. Doing that would no doubt be far easier than any one of the points on your list.
I dont know, i'd rather they focus on the real problems and think on the long term for the game instead of wasting time on stuff that wont really change anything in a meaningful way besides cosmetics and wont actually help change some of the attitudes towards SFV

nded

What the game really needs right now isnt stages or costumes, what the game needs is:
- less stubby normals
- bigger combo variety
- new moves and return of some characters movesets from previous games (Ryus donkey kick, juris dive kick special/teleport counter/3 fireball types, karins rekkas and command grab, Alexs DDT, etc)
- reworked v-triggers and v-skills for some characters, like cammy or karins for example
- at least 2 types of v-triggers and CAs that a player can choose from in character select

What we definetly do not need is the waste of resources making more chun-li costumes

Yeah, we should press gang the concept artists and 3D modelers into the game design and programming teams. It's all the same, right?

remz

Whats the point of your sarcastic remark, because no, thats not what i'm saying

The people who make stages and costumes probably aren't the same people who do... the stuff you think capcom should really be working on. And there'd be no point having the costumes/cosmetics stop while the rest of the game catches up.

ZenTzen

The people who make stages and costumes probably aren't the same people who do... the stuff you think capcom should really be working on. And there'd be no point having the costumes/cosmetics stop while the rest of the game catches up.
I know that they are not the same people, what i'm talking about is priorities, and what they should, in my opinion, be focused on, the meat of the game, not on constant cosmetic stuff, dial it down a bit on that and start releasing more significant updates (which i hope with this beta will lead into more of that), than costume pack #13

nded

I know that they are not the same people, what i'm talking about is priorities, and what they should, in my opinion, be focused on, the meat of the game, not on constant cosmetic stuff, dial it down a bit on that and start releasing more significant updates (which i hope with this beta will lead into more of that), than costume pack #13

Telling one group of people to stop working will not suddenly make another, separate group work faster or more efficiently. Cosmetic items are probably easier to put out and make a quicker profit, and artists and 3D modelers working on them likely has little effect on the game designers and programmers apart from maybe raising funds to help pay them.

Skilletor

Cosmetic stuff is a constant source if revenue that allows other priorities to be a possibility.

They just released a discount bundle for all the default characters premium costumes.
It's more than a 50% discount:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...cope=sceapp&smcid=sceapp&psappver=4.20.5:home
What if I want the FANG and Birdie costume but I'm not interested in the other costumes?

Or if I just don't want to pay 8$ for two costumes and would prefer a lesser price, especially considering it's been close to a year since those costumes came out and the fact that those 2 particular costumes are horrible.

mbpm1

What if I want the FANG and Birdie costume but I'm not interested in the other costumes?

Or if I just don't want to pay 8$ for two costumes and would prefer a lesser price, especially considering it's been close to a year since those costumes came out and the fact that those 2 particular costumes are horrible.

Literally who? Who are those characters

JayEH

Usually I try to avoid media when it comes to new characters since I want to try them myself but I'm going to have to catch the ed stream because I need to see these inputs in motion (no pun intended).

Yo, if Balrog's win quote to Ed is even remotely friendly like Ed's quote to Balrog, then Ed will officially be the best thing to ever happen to Balrog.

C_k1LWXW0AU6Bk5.jpg

Lulubop

Usually I try to avoid media when it comes to new characters since I want to try them myself but I'm going to have to catch the ed stream because I need to see these inputs in motion (no pun intended).

Beta with him is live in a few hours.

poodaddy

- less stubby normals
- bigger combo variety

This whole post is correct, particularly the need for Ryu's donkey kick. Zero reason for Ryu's coolest special to not be there.

Tried him out a little... has some cool moves, really cool to watch and his model looks good in game. Barely scratching the surface or know what I'm doing with him, but it's a fun playstyle. I like.

Top Bottom