• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Educate Us About Where You Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Alright, why not?

1.Marshall, MI
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall,_Michigan

2.What are we famous for? Not much, honestly. We have a big fountain in the middle of town that changes colors at night. It's pretty alright when it's actually working. Nice place to take a date. Also a bunch of historic houses, which I guess are kind of cool.

3. No super famous people. Jamie from MythBusters lived here for a bit when he was a kid, I guess. Also, John Bellairs who wrote The House with a Clock in its Walls. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Bellairs. Not sure if anyone outside the town read that book as a kid, but it was pretty much required reading here. I always had the impression it was at least marginally famous. The house it was based on is still in town. It is in fact super creepy.

This thread made me realize we have a Wikipedia page. Huh. Not sure when that happened.

1. Dublin, Ireland. Capital city of the Republic of Ireland
2. What are we famous for? Erm, where the 1916 easter rising took place, which was arguably a bit step towards the war of independence and Ireland's status as a republic today. The spire (a spiracle cone in the city centre made of steel) Ha'penny bridge. Trinity college.
3. Famous people. Bono. Michael Gambon. Ronan Keating(he lives like two doors down from me) James Joyce.

Other stuff - very friendly city, Irish people love to have the craic with just about anyone. Its not quite the ireland the media from outside Ireland and what have you make it out to be. Its a very expensive city, especially for me coming from england, but its small and compact, I like that.

Garruson

1. Camridge
2. Being quaint? Have scenic views. Having lots of University colleges. Technology/education
6. Hawkens, Darwin, DNA people etc. et.c

1. Originally from Ipswich
2. Not a lot in my opinion, Sir Bobby Robson managed our football team, we're industrial, great bus service, chavs, Maccy D's, chavs
3. Voldemort was born here, Cardinal Thomas Wolsey was born here, Bring Me the Horizon are from here, I think Finch from Hunger Games is from here

Vaco6121

1) Rochester, MN

2) We're famous for the Mayo Clinic. Mayo Clinic IS Rochester, the town doesn't exist without it. It employs about 35% of the city, and the other 65% make their money building houses, selling insurance, and serving drinks to the employees of Mayo.

3) Couple mediocre professional athletes, Dr. Mayo, but nobody that'd blow your mind. Apparently Laura Ingles Wilder had a cup of coffee in a few towns around this area once.

1. I'm also from Rochester, MN. Well, actually a small town outside of Rochester. Kasson-Mantorville, MN.

2. Slo is right; Mayo Clinic is SE MN. Other than that, Mantorville has the Hubbell House Restaurant that has served US Presidents to Pro Athletes. Kasson's telephone company is one of the few that does fiber to the home with synchronous Internet speeds up to 1 Gig.

3. The Mayo brothers.

Son1x

1. Ljubljana
2. Capital of Slovenia.
3. Goran Dragić, Slavoj Žižek, Jože Plečnik and a lot of nationally famous Slovenians.

1) Hicksville, NY
2) Long Island's Little India. Also one of the larger LIRR stations in the area.
3) Billy Joel, Mitch Kupchak (Lakers' GM)

Renegade Yeti

Neo Member
1) Doncaster , Yorkshire , England
2) Chavs, MDMA , pikeys, teenage pregnancy
3) jeremy clarkson , MC devvo ( I doubt 99% of gaf will know who that is)

CLEEK

1. Camridge
2. Being quaint? Have scenic views. Having lots of University colleges. Technology/education
6. Hawkens, Darwin, DNA people etc. et.c

1. Originally from Ipswich
2. Not a lot in my opinion, Sir Bobby Robson managed our football team, we're industrial, great bus service, chavs, Maccy D's, chavs
3. Voldemort was born here, Cardinal Thomas Wolsey was born here, Bring Me the Horizon are from here, I think Finch from Hunger Games is from here

How could you forget Steve Wright aka The Suffolk Strangler?

1) Munich, Germany
2013_Muenchen.jpg

2) Oktoberfest, BMW

3) Adolf Hitler(wasn't born here but lived here for a long time and started his "career" here), Hans & Sophie Scholl, Briana Banks, Franz Beckenbauer, Andreas Baader, Richard Strauss. Just to name a few. http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_von_Persönlichkeiten_der_Stadt_München

My favorite places:
Flaucher:
Isar-am-Flaucher.jpg

Englischer Garten:
qkOdYet.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom