• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EliteXC Heat: Kimbo V Shamrock, and two other heavyweights not in the main event....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-E

Mr. Snrub said:
The hell does that mean?

He means the female talent pool is so low that there won't be much competition in the field until more girls start giving up other sports for mma.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Big-E said:
They said she runs 35 miles a week... Someone must have lied to the announcers.
More like 35 miles of Bubble Tape...

Here comes an ass kicking, go Crush!

The Faceless Master said:
i feel bad for her, nobody is cheering for her :(

Lol, ok then. It's a sympathy post. The girl did get nothing but boos when she was announced, then Gina got announced to a universal pop.

Gina's just toying with her at this point....

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
lol footstomps :lol

I have no clue how that asshat has this 1-1

It's going to suck when one day Gina gets her face messed up, so far she has been lucky to come out relatively unscathed in her 2 EliteXC fights.

EDIT: I think Cyborg would take Gina.

MrOctober

Banned
DY_nasty said:
Its still coming up.

But you missed Gina Carano beating some chicks ass Tony Jaa style.

Seriously, her Muay Thai is really fucking good. I can't tell if it's because she has no real competition though, or if she's just that good.

MrOctober said:
Seriously, her Muay Thai is really fucking good. I can't tell if it's because she has no real competition though, or if she's just that good.

I mean...she DID beat up a bunch of native Muay Thai champions. I really think that people are a bit too dismissive of Carano, because she has trouble making weight, she has a pretty face, fans, advertising, etc. She has a ton of natural talent and that's apparent. Anyone who can't see that is fooling themselves.

I DO think she isn't taking advantage of it. Sort of like what she said in her interview...She's been just giving enough, and she wants the opportunity to have to give it all. It's up to her--but don't sleep on Gina Carano!

I always really liked Arlovski, especially in his early UFC days. He has never really seemed the same to me though after he started losing in the UFC after getting the belt. It was almost like he lost some ferocity or confidence. I hope he has a strong comeback in MMA because I like to watch him fight.

EDIT: I think he would beat Kimbo and would love to see it.

Gantz said:
yeah i wish they would have more than 1 girl fight per event. so sexist :lol

They need to give the girls 5 minute rounds and stop announcing it as "special attraction event" and treat it like another fight on the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom