• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EliteXC Heat: Kimbo V Shamrock, and two other heavyweights not in the main event....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackface

Banned
OokieSpookie said:
Tim has been overrated for quite some time.
Randy was in the UFC at the time, when Randy had left the UFC they tried to make the fight happen left and right and there were always excuses.

Not by Fedor. Fedor agreed to fight him in Bodog Fight. Just like Fedor agreed to fight him when he left the UFC. The excuses are coming from Randy, not Fedor.

The three best HW's in the UFC when Fedor was not in it a year ago, were Tim, Nog and Randy. He has beaten Tim and Nog. You want him to sign a slave contract to fight Randy, who had the opportunity to fight him, then what? Brock? Mir? give me a break.

I would rather have him fight AA and Barnett, who are better then any fighters in the UFC except Nog, then sign with the UFC, and clean out the worst HW division in MMA.

PS2 KID

Nice sub by Jake Shields. Daley looked rusty coming out from retirement and didn't really put up any defense or guard once he was taken down. Shield's ground and pound was more sliced ham than ground beef. Overall lackluster fight by both fighters.

Trax416 said:
Not by Fedor. Fedor agreed to fight him in Bodog Fight. Just like Fedor agreed to fight him when he left the UFC. The excuses are coming from Randy, not Fedor.

The three best HW's in the UFC when Fedor was not in it a year ago, were Tim, Nog and Randy. He has beaten Tim and Nog. You want him to sign a slave contract to fight Randy, who had the opportunity to fight him, then what? Brock? Mir? give me a break.

I would rather have him fight AA and Barnett, who are better then any fighters in the UFC except Nog, then sign with the UFC, and clean out the worst HW division in MMA.

The UFC does have a shitty HW division, I will definitely agree with you

Hunter D

Trax416 said:

Fedor said he would fight randy because he knows the ufc has a hold on randy and that the fight has little chance of actually happening.

Blackface

Banned
Hunter D said:
Fedor said he would fight randy because he knows the ufc has a hold on randy and that the fight has little chance of actually happening.

Randy was finished with the UFC before he fought Tim.

So dumb that they didn't show the cyborg fight on the main card.

People rightfully diss Elite XC for a lot of things but they deserve a big dap for putting women fights on the card.

PS2 KID

Stoney Mason said:
So dumb that they didn't show the cyborg fight on the main card.

People rightfully diss Elite XC for a lot of things but they deserve a big dap for putting women fights on the card.

Honestly, I think they thought like the rest of us that Takahashi would fold like a house of cards under Cyborg's standup power. I'm surprised she could take that punishment.

PS2 KID said:
Honestly, I think they thought like the rest of us that Takahashi would fold like a house of cards under Cyborg's standup power. I'm surprised she could take that punishment.

It doesn't make sense though. A power knockout would have been ever better image wise for what they are trying to build up to which is a money fight between Carano and Cyborg.

Either way supposedly it was a very entertainning fight.

Stoney Mason said:
It doesn't make sense though. A power knockout would have been ever better image wise for what they are trying to build up to which is a money fight between Carano and Cyborg.

Either way supposedly it was a very entertainning fight.

I hate to say it, because it is not Gina's fault but I would guess it was because they did not want Cyborg to take attention away from Gina.

Need to start a drinking game where you have to drink anytime they use the phrase "Anybody, anywhere, anytime." in relation to Kimbo like it actually means something.

mrbagdt

the cyborg fight got bumped due to the AA v Nelson fight. There was a lot of talk because some people thought having two female fights on the main card would be pretty unusual- no other big shows have really done it before, and elitexc is the only one that shows much female mma in the first place. i cant believe it went to a decision.

Blackface

Banned
JakOfTheShadows said:
Need to start a drinking game where you have to drink anytime they use the phrase "Anybody, anywhere, anytime." in realtion to Kimbo like it actually means something.

Paul Buentello put the money up to fight him before he started MMA(Kimbo), Kimbo and his people declined. Paul made fun of him on MMa.tv for it.

PS2 KID

Kimbo got Sliced. Seth with upset!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Edit: must learn to spell Petruzelli now. :lol

Hunter D

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

See what happens when you put Kimbo in there with an ACTUAL FIGHTER?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

DY_nasty said:
That was the quickest bullshit stoppage I've ever seen.
Bullshit? The guy couldn't protect himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom