• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EliteXC Heat: Kimbo V Shamrock, and two other heavyweights not in the main event....

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the fuck does Kimbo get so hurt though? Seth was falling backwards into the cage and barely got any force into that jab and Kimbo went down...

:lol

Hunter D

DY_nasty said:
That was the quickest bullshit stoppage I've ever seen.
asshole:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Kimbo was guarding himself intelligently.

DY_nasty said:

Oh shut the hell up.
Kimbo made no attempt to block the punches, he was like a turtle trying to get up.
Instead of intelligently defending himself he just kept trying to get up.

Outcast2004 said:
See what happens when you put Kimbo in there with an ACTUAL FIGHTER?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

As much skill as he has, that was also very much Kimbo's fault for going in head first. Seth looked as surprised as anyone else when Kimbo fell.

MrOctober

Banned
DY_nasty said:

Get the fuck out of here. He was trying to take down the ref for like a full minute after he lost. He had no idea where he was.

Also that punch looked like nothing and it dropped Kimbo.

PS2 KID

What next for Kimbo? Rematch with Petruzelli or actually putting Kimbo up against guys his level? I say give him 0-2 guys to school him. ;)

Seth can finally afford to dye his entire hair pink.

Mr. Snrub said:
As much skill as he has, that was also very much Kimbo's fault for going in head first. Seth looked as surprised as anyone else when Kimbo fell.

Not just that, his inexperience is what got him in my opinion.
When he was down all he had to do was cover up and he would have been fine, but he just didn't even try.
He kept trying to sit up and the punches kept coming.
I do not think the punches were really damaging but you HAVE to make an effort to defend.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
DY_nasty said:

cartman_tears.gif

PS2 KID

DY_nasty said:

Uh this wasn't the Thompson fight where James just couldn't do any damage with weak hammerfists to the side of Kimbo's head while Kimbo was wide awake. Noooo.. This was Seth Petruzelli with the ground and pound and Kimbo looking dazed. He was dishing out the pain with direct shots to Kimbo's face. :lol

Formless

I'm really sad right now. Kimbo must feel like crap as a fighter, even with all the money. Rutten will not approve.

:(

jakncoke

Banned
wow is all the words that really come up with and seriously dude needs to shave his head did he let a drunk dye his hair

Sean

Banned
That was funny. I expected Kimbo to lose, but not THAT fast.

Kimbo got dropped with the very first punch, that's gotta be embarrassing for him.

If someone can you need to grab that shot they just showed on Seth running in excitement and the dude behind him in the stands with his hands on his head and a blank stare. :D

EDIT: Here comes the back peddling by the announcer to try and save the face of EliteXC.

Formless said:
I'm really sad right now. Kimbo must feel like crap as a fighter, even with all the money. Rutten will not approve.

:(

Because he IS crap as a fighter.
All hype, no skill. We've all seen the "street fight" where the MMA guy embarrassed him, then he's fought nothing but meat sacks up to this point. Shamrock was probably going to be the same having lost 8 out of his 10 last fights.

What the fuck is with that huge entourage?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Big-E said:
I feel sorry for Kimbo. He is a good guy and this has to be devastating for him.

What? Kimbo has made more money than he has ever made in his entire life the past year. Hopefully he saved it all.

For anyone saying the fight was stopped too soon has no clue. Kimbo was so out of it he was shooting on the ref! Kimbo was out with the hit to the eye, he was just getting punished after that.

I can't wait to hear Bas' reaction on Inside MMA next week.

I do expect a reaction from Dana. A guy that was on Ultimate Fighter 2 ends up exposing Kimbo. Dana has to love it.

OokieSpookie said:
Not just that, his inexperience is what got him in my opinion.
When he was down all he had to do was cover up and he would have been fine, but he just didn't even try.
He kept trying to sit up and the punches kept coming.
I do not think the punches were really damaging but you HAVE to make an effort to defend.

Exactly. A lot of those punches, especially on the replay, were sloppy, shitty punches. Kimbo had the complete opportunity and ability to defend himself intelligently--he just didn't, until he was no longer able to defend himself intelligently.

Nooreo

Outcast2004 said:
No, the fight's already over.

Kimbo got fucked up 14 seconds into the FIRST round.
I thought this guy was the king of toughness, I guess this explains the smiley's

It's almost like Kimbo threw the fight. I'm completely baffled. He didn't once try to defend himself. NOTHING. This was absolutely TERRIBLE. He's trained a million times with Bas Rutten, for this? To not even put up his hands?

After the fight his attitude was like he didnt give a fuck, he didnt care, he was super happy. The fans got robbed, I think he threw the fight.

Outcast2004 said:
What the fuck is with that huge entourage?

Even though Kimbo fits the "big scary strong black dude" stereotype that is not sellable, he has a personality and a story to go along with it.

Lower class black man gets taped fighting in back yards, on the streets, and makes it big. There's something likable, even "romantic", about that.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
CajoleJuice said:
Petruzelli's wiki is absolutely hilarious right now

I'm just hitting F5 over and over

Seth took the fight on a last notice, he showed up to the arena to find out he was fighting Kimbo Slice in place of Ken Shamrock. Ken'the pussy' Shamrock was forced to back out of the fight due to a last minute eye injury. He won, by using the lulz.

CajoleJuice said:
Petruzelli's wiki is absolutely hilarious right now

I'm just hitting F5 over and over
Such great stuff.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seth_Petruzelli

EDIT: Boo! It looks like they edited out the funny.

EDIT2: Seth took the fight on a last notice, he showed up to the arena to find out he was fighting Kimbo Slice in place of Ken Shamrock. Ken Shamrock was forced to back out of the fight due to a last minute clittoral sprain.

Mr. Snrub said:
Even though Kimbo fits the "big scary strong black dude" stereotype that is not sellable, he has a personality and a story to go along with it.

Lower class black man gets taped fighting in back yards, on the streets, and makes it big. There's something likable, even "romantic", about that.

No, really...there's not.
To me he's always come off as nothing but a common street thug.

His current theme of being "Mr. Respect" is just an act.

EDIT: From Seth's Wiki....
"Ken Shamrock was forced to back out of the fight due to a last minute clittoral sprain."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom