• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Engadget: The Moto X Style is big, gorgeous and (of course) highly customizable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated with all of the info from today's event, could a mod update the title?

Moto X Style

nexus2cee_MotoXStyle2-668x373.png

SD 808
3GB RAM
16/32/64 GB w/ MicroSD expansion
5.7" 1440p Display
21 MP Camera--Ranked second best behind S6
$400 unlocked

Hands-On Pics:

IMG_36602-980x653.jpg
IMG_3681-980x653.jpg

IMG_3683-980x653.jpg
IMG_3679-980x653.jpg

IMG_36572-980x653.jpg
IMG_36741-980x653.jpg

IMG_36651-980x653.jpg
IMG_36671-980x653.jpg

IMG_36681-980x653.jpg
IMG_36711-980x653.jpg

IMG_36731-980x653.jpg

Moto X Play

ap_resize.php

SD 615
2GB RAM
16/32GB w/ MicroSD expansion
5.5" 1080p Display
21 MP Camera--Ranked second best behind S6
Waterproof
No US release; available in UK, Canada, and other countries

Moto G

ap_resize.php

SD 410
1/2GB RAM
8/16GB w/ MicroSD expansion
5" 720p Display
13 MP Camera
Waterproof
$180/$220

Hands-On Pics:

DSC00947-980x653.jpg
DSC00925-980x653.jpg

DSC00919-980x653.jpg
DSC00927-980x653.jpg

DSC00936-980x653.jpg
DSC00910-980x653.jpg

DSC00933-980x653.jpg
DSC00939-980x653.jpg

All of the phones announced today support MotoMaker customization in the countries that MotoMaker exists in, which now includes Brazil

Sources:
http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...ion-support-for-all-major-us-carriers-399-99/
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015...-pure-edition-stock-android-at-a-great-price/
http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...a-3630mah-battery-but-no-us-release-in-sight/
http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...-camera-1-or-2gb-of-ram-8-or-16gb-of-storage/
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015...and-new-waterproof-moto-g-another-189-wonder/
http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...moto-x-play-and-moto-x-style-later-this-year/

Fliesen

Ever since putting my iPhone 6 into a google Cardboard, i understand that QuadHD actually is a desirable resolution to have on a smartphone. :/

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
I'll finally replace my S3.

Servbot24

Banned
Physical customization on a phone is honestly pretty off-putting to me. I don't want to assemble or attach things to my phone. I want a singular, solid entity.

Cool for those who want it, just not for me personally.

Ryne

I'm in for a new phone, it will be either this or the oneplus two.

Not a fan of the design, however the specs and price seem great so it's definitely in the conversation.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Physical customization on a phone is honestly pretty off-putting to me. I don't want to assemble or attach things to my phone. I want a singular, solid entity.

But you don't need to assemble anything. They are customizable because you can choose colors and materials before the purchase (using the moto maker portal).

After you buy it i don't think you can't change anything. (maybe the backplate).

Noobcraft

It's ordered and assembled for you. It's like picking the color of your iPhone, but with way more options. A good metaphor for Android.

Bit-Bit

Uh, I was in line to buy a Oneplus 2, but not anymore.

Motorola just slayed it with the battery features, camera size, and pricing point.

Jesus christ.

Kanye

Banned
The segregated customization areas take away from how good looking this phone could be.

Not for me personally.

Fatalah

I'm so happy Motorola exists. They speak my language. Still rocking my 2013 Moto X and loving it.

+ Low cost hardware
+ Pure Android
+ Expandable memory
+ Focused on battery life + high performing camera
+ One SKU that works on ANY carrier

Did you actually think you put everything together yourself? What.

You order your phone and it's made to your liking.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Should I just get a Moto G?

Absolutely, Moto G is a great budget phone and my only complaint is that you can tell it's RAM strained so:

I'm getting the new one with 2gig of ram when it goes on sale at Amazon later today. The X is just stupidly big imo. The G's 5 inch screen is the perfect screen size for me personally.

Do this, pretty much, with 2gB of RAM it's gonna be the the king of budget phones. (It kind of is already, but even more so now)

DOWN

Banned
I feel like it doesn't bode well or at least not stellar when press for your phone starts out telling us that it's alive and well this year. Like acknowledging we probably weren't aware.

Kinsella

Banned
Do this, pretty much, with 2gB of RAM it's gonna be the the king of budget phones. (It kind of is already, but even more so now)

I almost did it last week but right before I pulled the trigger The Verge ran a story about this weeks potential Moto G 3rd Gen unveiling. Glad I waited.

So I'm really debating between this or the 16 gb moto g.

I don't need a power phone but the much better camera and battery are really pushing me to spend the extra $200

Sou Da

Absolutely, Moto G is a great budget phone and my only complaint is that you can tell it's RAM strained so:

Yeah I'll go for it then, the X is too big for my tastes.

RuGalz

sounds good to me. I'll be waiting for next year's 5.2 model with finger print scanner probably. This kind of spec at this price + near stock android + microSD support can make me ditch Nexus.

Doesn't the iPhone only have 1 gb of ram as well?

Also in the US its a pure edition. No excess stuff.

It really seems like a nexus. They're also really pushing the direct purchasing of phones. Its awesome not to have to go through a carrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom