• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] New July PSN sales - Alienation, SOMA, Shadow of the Beast and More (160+ items)

Minamu

Is it worth getting Soma if I didn't really like Amnesia? I didn't mind the scary stuff, I love horror games, but I also found it pretty tame and predictable
(Don't mean to brag or anything)

MMaRsu

Banned
Is it worth getting Soma if I didn't really like Amnesia? I didn't mind the scary stuff, I love horror games, but I also found it pretty tame and predictable

I havent played Amnesia but i think soma is damn good

its also more pshychological thriller then horror id say

Bishop89

Are we likely to see new games added to these sales tomorrow?

The wording in the blog seems to suggest for the next 5-6 weeks there will change around the digital only titles

PlayStation Store’s huge selection of digital-only titles in our six-week long Totally Digital event.

Hopefully we get another 'weekend' sale, but who knows.

Intel_89

The wording in the blog seems to suggest for the next 5-6 weeks there will change around the digital only titles

I don't get what you mean by this. Are we going to start seeing a shift in the line up every week for the next 5-6 weeks instead of the usual sales that lasted 2 weeks?

--

Is Alienation similar to Helldivers?

Bishop89

I don't get what you mean by this. Are we going to start seeing a shift in the line up every week for the next 5-6 weeks instead of the usual sales that lasted 2 weeks?

--

Is Alienation similar to Helldivers?

thats what im thinking yes. Otherwise I dont see why they would mention 6 week digital event.

Bishop89

Mirrors edge catalyst 45% off
$54.95 AU

Could probably get it cheaper at retail

Think it's the "deal of the week", not sure yet.

MidnightWatcher

Neo Member

If you are looking for a horror game and don't care for stories, then probably don't get it. If you love Sci-Fi with horror elements and one of the best gaming sci-fi stories in a long, long time (My opinion), then buy this game straight away. Without trying to spoil anything, this game will make you question what makes you you!

Can't recommend it enough

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death

I bought SOMA last week and, after a slow start, I'm really starting to enjoy it. I do have a few questions for those that have played it:

Do the enemy encounters get any more interesting? So far I just seem to get trapped in small spaces with the Robots that seem easy enough to outrun, which appears to be the only option since I can't really hide from them.

Is the story generally considered to be pretty good? I just
left Lamda and found out about Catherine and the Ark.
I really like the set up but I'm already preparing myself for disappointment for some reason.

sasliquid

Any idea if Banner Saga will be cross buy when it releases on Vita? I don't really want to play on PS4 but I like that price

Minamu

Yeah its very scifi :) Def reccomend it for 5 bucks man :)

If you are looking for a horror game and don't care for stories, then probably don't get it. If you love Sci-Fi with horror elements and one of the best gaming sci-fi stories in a long, long time (My opinion), then buy this game straight away. Without trying to spoil anything, this game will make you question what makes you you!

I will buy it later today :)

Psoelberg

I'm close to buying Firewatch.

I remember it had a lot of frame rate issues. Have any of you played it with the newest patch and can tell me how it runs? Thanks :)

Bishop89

kanuuna

Mirror's Edge is actually pretty tempting at that price. I can get used to these kinds of cuts on digital versions of fairly new titles.

Minamu

How is the Firewatch performance on ps4 these days? And what about Everybody's gone to Rapture, is it any good? Finally, White Night?

How is the Firewatch performance on ps4 these days? And what about Everybody's gone to Rapture, is it any good? Finally, White Night?

I waited until Firewatch got its first patch and I found the performance to be fine. I think the complaints came from people playing the unpatched version in the first couple of weeks. Really well acted game, just make sure you do not read anything about the story before you go into it.

I enjoyed Everybody's Gone to Rapture, its a beautiful game, music in particular was fantastic. However I will say I do not think it lived up to the hype it was getting around release.

I picked up The Banner Saga and Soma in the sale. So far played BS, great looking game, love the art style, but the combat (3 hours played) is too basic to keep my interest, will continue playing for the story.

New post: https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...tation-store-including-mirrors-edge-catalyst/

Other than Mirror's Edge Catalyst being Deal of the Week, not clear what else is new if any.
Seems about right, these deals usually last two weeks with a reminder in the deal of the week post.

That Mirror's Edge pricing is good though. I'm tempted, but I've still got Doom, Ray Gigant and Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth to finish, and Valkyria Chronicles Remastered to play. And I'm pretty sure that the majority of GAF would pick and finish any of those games ahead of Mirror's Edge Catalyst.

Minamu

Yeah its very scifi :) Def reccomend it for 5 bucks man :)
Well, I bought it and played up to the first enemy encounter yesterday. That was apparently enough for me to get quite vivid dreams about the monsters :lol I'd say that's a good sign :)

JP

It was a nice surprise to see Mirror's Edge in the sale, was waiting for it to feature in a sale and £29.99 was the price I was waiting for.

Some new deals for this week (sale price / plus price)

PS4
Beyond Two Souls 14,99€ / 11,99€
Heavy Rain 14,99€ / 11,99€
Beyond + Heavy Rain Collection 24,99€ / 20,99€
Bloodborne 24,99€
Borderlands Handsome Collection 19,99€
Darksiders II 14,99€
Divinity Original Sin - 18,99€
Dragon Age Inqusistion 11,99€ / 9,99€ (also Deluxe and GOTY versions)
This War of Mine 12,99€ / 9,99€

Vita
Corpse Party (PSP) 3,59€
Corpse Party Book of Shadows (PSP) 3,59€
Killzone Mercenary 9,99€
La Mulana EX 5,99€
MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune 19,99€
Severed 9,99€
Civ Rev 2 Plus 9,99 / 7,99€
Stranger of Sword City 24,99€
Superbeat Xonic 19,99€
XCOM 9,99€ / 7,99€
Child of Light 4,99€

Plenty more of course, but this is what I felt was worth highlighting. I'll leave the honor of making a new thread to Bisohp :)

I bought SOMA last week and, after a slow start, I'm really starting to enjoy it. I do have a few questions for those that have played it:

Do the enemy encounters get any more interesting? So far I just seem to get trapped in small spaces with the Robots that seem easy enough to outrun, which appears to be the only option since I can't really hide from them.

Is the story generally considered to be pretty good? I just
left Lamda and found out about Catherine and the Ark.
I really like the set up but I'm already preparing myself for disappointment for some reason.

Yes to both questions! There are some horrifying enemy encounters by the end that are kind of puzzles to outmanoeuvre. The story goes in some really interesting places, and the game has a fantastic ending, which is hard to do satisfyingly with this type of genre.

NIN90

PS4
Bloodborne 24,99€
Darksiders II 14,99€

Vita
Corpse Party (PSP) 3,59€
Killzone Mercenary 9,99€
La Mulana EX 5,99€
Severed 9,99€
Superbeat Xonic 19,99€
XCOM 9,99€ / 7,99€
Child of Light 4,99€

Plenty more of course, but this is what I felt was worth highlighting. I'll leave the honor of making a new thread to Bisohp :)

Bloodborne DLC on sale too?

Scrolled through the PSN store to find as many new deals as I could... some of these are PS+ and some are not. These are in addition to the ones YianGaruga posted above.

Dead Island Definitive Edition (€13)
FARMING SIMULATOR 2017 (€25)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Mathannan (€30)
Battleborn (€30)
Far Cry Bundle (4, Primal) (€42)
Assassin's Creed Triple Pack (Black Flag, Unity, Syndicate) (€40)
Jetpack Joyride (€2)
RBI Baseball (€15)
Dirt Rally (€33)
MLB The Show 16 (€20)
Republique (€15)
Mortal Kombay XL (€30)
Walking Dead Michonne (€7)
The Crew Wild Run Complete (€25)
Fallout 4 (€35)
Need for Speed (€20)
Darksiders II (€15)
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 (€16)
Rory McIlroy Golf (€12)
Sniper Elite 3 (€12)
ArcaniA - The Complete Tale (€15)
Project Cars (€20)
Amazing Spider Man 2 (€18)

Benedict

Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition is on sale for 42% discount, 314,10 sek in Sweden. That includes the game and all DLC.

I have only the vanilla edition on disc. If I get the DLC The Following, will I get the visual upgrades gameplay enhancements and tweaks for the main game as well?

Bishop89

PS4
Bloodborne 24,99€
Darksiders II 14,99€

Vita
Corpse Party (PSP) 3,59€
Killzone Mercenary 9,99€
La Mulana EX 5,99€
Severed 9,99€
Superbeat Xonic 19,99€
XCOM 9,99€ / 7,99€
Child of Light 4,99€

Will create it now :)

That's a great price for Severed @ 9,99€ or £8. It's a really great genre mash-up (first person Metroid-esque) with fantastic art and a really easy Platinum if that kind of things interests you.

Bloodborne DLC on sale too?

Bloodborne GotY has been on sale on PSN at least twice for £25, so I would suggest holding out if you can.

Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition is on sale for 42% discount, 314,10 sek in Sweden. That includes the game and all DLC.

I have only the vanilla edition on disc. If I get the DLC The Following, will I get the visual upgrades gameplay enhancements and tweaks for the main game as well?

You will get the visual enhancements if you download the most up-to-date patch. No need to buy The Following. Also, as someone who really didn't like the DLC, I would recommend you wait for a sale on it.

Also, how well is GTAV still selling that they're considering 45 euro to be a sale? I mean, holy hell.

Rockstar games almost never go on sale. GTA is a big enough title where plenty of people keep throwing 60 at it, even newer players.

Bloodborne GotY has been on sale on PSN at least twice for £25, so I would suggest holding out if you can.

Definitely this. It may sound very tempting at this price but the GOTY edition has dropped in price twice in the last 3-4 months.

£17 and at my local here in Essex, I'm happy to pick up and post if you wanted it.

Thank you kindly for the offer, but I already have a digital copy (bought for £25 back in February, I think), so I don't really need another.

Whereabouts in Essex are you? My in-laws live near Southend. I'm down in Kent but we're at their place every month or so.

Top Bottom