• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodvik

Hey GAF, who are you gonna root for, Spain or Italy?
If you had to absolutely choose one between the two, which one would it be and why?

Italy because they have played the best football out of the two by far.

If Spain start the game playing attractive passing and stop the diving/ref hassling then my loyalty can quickly change however.

Socreges

Banned
Permabanned.

The 2010 thread was a war.

They've been gone a long time now. Just some people mentioned them as being the reason why a lot of GAF hated Italy in past years; or just one of the many reasons.

beaten by Sickboy above^
Forza returned as Hotshot ("female") and had his name changed to Epic Tales of Penis. He and Manics were only permabanned recently.

They are men of many faces. And still fly among us, but try and avoid the sting of the mods.

Yager

Banned
If you had to absolutely choose one between the two, which one would it be and why?

Italy. I'm from Argentina, my grandfathers were all italians...so, Italy, yeah. And also because I live in Barcelona and it's more fun to support the team that plays against your friend's team than the same. So Italy. Oh, and because of Pirlo and Buffon.

No doubt Italy. Busquets, Ramos and Pedro can go suck a fuck. Valdes too, even if he's just a bench warmer. The play without a forward bullshit and think you have won the game because of your possession stats has gone on for long enough.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mario hugging his adoptive mom.

tG16d.jpg

What a night for him.

Knight77

Just wanted to add that before the match Italy qualified to the final was paid....3.0 ridiculous. Obviously did my bet but really - not because I'm Italian- I cannot justifie something like this, match looked quite open to me...

Clydefrog

And which one do you think will win in the end? Everyone here said Germany was gonna steamroll Italy (myself included!)

I'm rooting for Spain. I've always rooted for Spain as my second home nation team (USA first).

Nah. Sunhi had Alonso in a Ferrari. This is Schumacher.

I don't follow F1 so I can't tell if you're trolling me or not... he has a helmet on, you can't see his face!

Socreges

Banned

And which one do you think will win in the end? Everyone here said Germany was gonna steamroll Italy (myself included!)
Spain, because I've always cheered for Spain in international tournaments (seeing as my country never goes to shit and I lived in Spain).

Plus, Italy are major twats.

SkylineRKR

Italy all the way.

I admire Prandelli's work. I know how he breaks with the old habits. Hes also a coach that tries his luck with youngsters, his Fiorentina was great.

They sent Germany home, which is a plus for me as well.

And last but not least, its against fucking boring Spain. Their last few games ensured I fell asleep. Don't let them grab another prize.

Cosmozone

Rooting for Italy. They were my "secret favorite" after the group stages and I feared this half final before it even began. Turned out I was right. Spain looks beatable with their sometimes unstable defense so I pick Italy for the winner.

cube444

Spain, because I've always cheered for Spain in international tournaments (seeing as my country never goes to shit and I lived in Spain).

Plus, Italy are major twats.

How old are you? Just because you come from a shit football nation does not give out right to say such things.

Sylver

Banned

Spain, I'm a spaniard, I can't understand somebody rooting for other team but their national team XD except is not something like "i root for that team becasue I don't want the other teams win something more than us" XD.
That's the reason why as a Barça fan I've always want Madrid out XD, or on the CL final I wanted Chelsea wins becasuse I didn't want Bayern went up than us".

ektoll

I watched the game with my mother and my little brother, whom it was the birthday yesterday, wore the full away kit of Italia. We jumped everywhere when the referee ended the game! :D

It was a wonderful game, Italy is lucky to have scored quickly, as they missed a lot of opportunity later... I was impressed by Özil and Reus but Italy won because they were globally better, more coherent and they have Pirlo, a demigod.

I'm sorry for the german fans but you can be proud of your boys ;)

Now... FORZAAA ITALIAAAA \o/

Reuenthal

Banned

I did not believe that Germany would steamroll Italy. In fact I thought that people were both overrating Germany and underestimating the other 3 teams including Italy. Before this match my view was that Italy was a slightly better team due to being more impressed by their defensive display than the German one with how clinical being on finishing chances being their biggest issue and on that Baloteli delivered in this game. So tonight they were even better than I expected.

Now Spain, I do consider that team to be better than Germany too due to not doing bad at all defensively. It can go either way, I see it going to the penalties the most likely and other than that I can't predict it. Both teams are very good.

rodvik

Does this mean England's negative tactics were right?

No. It just means Italy is able to dominate and score against weaker opposition like Germany & Spain*

*Not really, England may have taken Italy to penalties but we never really tried to go at them like Germany did. Germany was a better team Than England in this tournament.

Kikujiro

People hated Italy back then because of Manics and ForzaItalia's trolling and Lippi's Italy was all about luck while playing awful. This Italy plays great so people have no reason to hate Italy, now is Spain's turn. But I fear GAF curse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom