• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I was waiting for Phantast2k.
BUv81.png

btw since someone asked before, Italy was wearing mourning bands because of the killed carabiniere in Afghanistan.

I thought it was for starting with Montolivo! But he proved me wrong :p

Ok, I'm back.
Fuck Löw big time, what a stupid piece of shit for fucking the team up like he did & caving in against big teams like he always does! FUCK YOU, Löw. Die you booger eathing FUCK!

And fuck the goddamn Bayern-Losers (Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Gomez). Who fucking needs those cursed assholes. LOSERS 4 ever and always!
BUT BUT SCHWEINSTEIGER; HE IS sooo important, the born leader........bwahahaha, fucking pig fucking LOSER, a joke and Kroos (partly a Neverkusen product) is growing up to be just like him!
And then those smug fucks act like it's all good & dandy (mini captain Lahm of all things....
VIZEMEISTER, VIZEMEISTE HEY HEY HEY!

Congrats Italy, very well played! That is how its done and I really hope you can kill the Iberian witch.
I hoped so much that you'd convert those chances in the last minutes. We should've lost 5-0 not 2-1 so that the Lööwser would step the fuck down.

I'm out
tumblr_m6av7wB9L01qmo25e.gif

edit: i should have just bolded this whole post because it was pure gold.

keit4

Banned
They did?

My bad then.

But you really are terribly blind to Spains terrible record before 2008.

They choked miserably in International tournaments for years even though they had good players. Your failure to admit that is rather pathetic.

I'm very aware about how "much" Spain achieved before 2008. I'm only saying that England has a worst record.

santi_yo

Ok, I'm back.
Fuck Löw big time, what a stupid piece of shit for fucking the team up like he did & caving in against big teams like he always does! FUCK YOU, Löw. Die you booger eathing FUCK!

And fuck the goddamn Bayern-Losers (Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Gomez). Who fucking needs those cursed assholes. LOSERS 4 ever and always!
BUT BUT SCHWEINSTEIGER; HE IS sooo important, the born leader........bwahahaha, fucking pig fucking LOSER, a joke and Kroos (partly a Neverkusen product) is growing up to be just like him!
And then those smug fucks act like it's all good & dandy (mini captain Lahm of all things....

Congrats Italy, very well played! That is how its done and I really hope you can kill the Iberian witch.
I hoped so much that you'd convert those chances in the last minutes. We should've lost 5-0 not 2-1 so that the Lööwser would step the fuck down.

I'm out
tumblr_lhjyznu5vT1qzvhq4o1_500.gif

Clegg

I'm very aware about how "much" Spain achieved before 2008. I'm only saying that England has a worst record.

Er how?

We were talking about how poor Spain were until 2008.

Until they won Euro 2008, Spain had the exact same international record as England.

Kurtofan

Ok, I'm back.

I'm out

Post of the night.

rodvik

You really have a chip on your shoulder about England man. You want to know how bad it is? You are so extreme you have got an Irish guy defending England. Think about what you have done! :)

Kikujiro

I didn't say luck doesn't matter, it can matter but in case if Italy in 2006 it was great performances over luck.

You said they were awful, which is factually incorrect, they won the world cup. Greece won the euros which is arguably easier to manufacture a "lucky streak" since there are less teams/matches.

You're kidding yourself if you think that team was bad, internationally one of the best defenses ever.

I said played awful, they only relied on their defense and the hero of the tournament was a nobody named Grosso. And the world cup is only one leg longer than the Euro cup and you miss the fact that Italy's 2006 path was far easier than this Euro (group stage with Ghana, Czech Republic and USA, then Australia, then Ukraine and only in semifinal the first strong team, Germany). I may be a little hyperbolic, since I don't like Lippi at all, but Prandelli's Italy is a far better team regarding playstyle (both defence and offense), despite lacking the same talent, and deserved every wins so far.

They did?

My bad then.

But you really are terribly blind to Spains terrible record before 2008.

They choked miserably in International tournaments for years even though they had good players. Your failure to admit that is rather pathetic.

If you didn't even know that, haw were you trashing spain's national team history? lol

Zabojnik

speaking about german coaches. what about sammer? i like his attitude.

First he must give back the Ballon d'Or he undeservingly won in 1996. It still screams for revenge.

Everyone played well, it was kinda weird to be honest. I was expecting a brainfart or two from Bonucci but he played (mostly) well!

Marchisio missed two chances but he was EVERYWHERE tonight.

Marchisio is in a class of his own. He's been holding back a bit and doing most of the dirty (Vidal's :p) work for Italy, although with a bit of luck he could've easily netted two or three balls. Hopefully he's saving it for the final. Tardelli style! It's been fantastic watching him develop over the past 4, 5 years at Juve. Amazing player, I absolutely adore him.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I think, I said it already but congratulations to Italy.

I think, I said it already but congratulations to Italy. Clearly, the better team won.

But still, I am sad and will go to bed now :(

ah this. very well played italy, congrats. ah crap. will be rooting for ze super mario

Chapeu, you guys are amazing and pretty classy, damn!
As I've mentioned yesterday already, I would have rooted for you with all my will if it were you guys the ones playing Spain even if you happend to mercilessly destroy us

Hieberrr

That was such a disappointing shoeing by the German. Italy controlled that midfield beautifully :(

Oh and Podolski has to be the most useless player ... what the fuck...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I said played awful, they only relied on their defense and the hero of the tournament was a nobody named Grosso. And the world cup is only one leg longer than the Euro cup and you miss the fact that Italy's 2006 path was far easier than this Euro (group stage with Ghana, Czech Republic and USA, then Australia, then Ukraine and only in semifinal the first strong team, Germany). I may be a little hyperbolic, since I don't like Lippi at all, but Prandelli's Italy is a far better team regarding playstyle (both defence and offense), despite lacking the same talent, and deserved every wins so far.

Zidane's France was more than enough.

Hero of the tournament IMO, deservedly won the golden ball.

Clegg

If you didn't even know that, haw were you trashing spain's national team history? lol

We were talking about Spains poor international record pre 2008.

I wasn't aware that they had won something in 1964 but it hardly invalidates the point that they were a team of underachievers for 44 years.

Thats a terrible record for a nation such as Spain.

keit4

Banned
Er how?

We were talking about how poor Spain were until 2008.

Until they won Euro 2008, Spain had the exact same international record as England.

Nah, you're right. Anyways, the people always expected something more from the nation who popularized this sport.

You really have a chip on your shoulder about England man. You want to know how bad it is? You are so extreme you have got an Irish guy defending England. Think about what you have done! :)

Believe me, i always liked the England national team.

Hieberrr

That was such a disappointing shoeing by the German. Italy controlled that midfield beautifully :(

Oh and Podolski has to be the most useless player ... what the fuck...

What a horrible night for me.

I had to learn for 2 exams tomorrow to finish my exam marathon, and I couldn't watch the match. From what I gathered, Balotelli was on fire, and the team actually played some great football.

Hopefully the finale will be great too... Oh who am I kidding, both teams are going to play turtle and it will go to penalty.

So 3 games in 8 days for italy by Sunday. Schedule has worked out to be worse for Italy than it was for Germany and now Spain. Sometimes too much rest is a negative though. Fatigue wasn't an issue today and hopefully Sunday it won't be either.

Buzzati

Banned
So 3 games in 8 days for italy by Sunday. Schedule has worked out to be worse for Italy than it was for Germany and now Spain. Sometimes too much rest is a negative though. Fatigue wasn't an issue today and hopefully Sunday it won't be either.

It sure was for Cassano and Balotelli.

Dash Kappei

Buffon sure is PISSED, haha:

"hell yeah I'm pissed, why did I walk away swearing and all worked up? We've gotta freakin' realize we're playing to achieve something great, it's no joke and you can't waste all of that work and sweat by fucking around, losing focus or not closing the match when you should've... and doing that repeateadly, over and over again. You never know, one lucky rebound, a corner, a foul and bam! you're back to square one with a draw after having the utmost control for most of the match... You get an equalizer before the end in a match like this one and you can bet on it that we were gonna lose like 9-2 at extra times, we can't really allow ourselves to fuck it up like that!"

He's right tho, I almost shat my pants twice after the penalty

Cassano is the exception though. He obviously hasn't been in top shape since the tournament began. I don't know if Balo was tired when he went off or what it was. The general flow of the team looked good though. I thought they had great hustle.

Big Boss Gigi telling it straight ^^

god I love him.

All four teams seemed very tired as they all had lots of players in competitive leagues and on teams that went far in CL. But I agree, I do not see it as an important issue for you guys.

Also I think you have changed lineups regularly along the tournament except for Pirlo, who could be sitting on a chair in the middle of the pitch and still be better than 90% of midfielders.

Visceir

Atleast the game only lasted 90 minutes.

Anyway, I was rooting for Italy the whole time and I'm glad they won. It's rather obvious to me though that the game could have very easily ended with Germany winning. Although it did seem like they completely forgot their gameplan during the last 20 minutes and just shot long random balls into the box.

I also agree with everyone about how ridiculously high the odds were placed against italy. 4x the money for them winning. Either way, I'm glad I placed some money on them and will do the same in the finals. Fuck Spain.

Kikujiro

It sure was for Cassano and Balotelli.

Not really, Cassano is still recovering from his injury, so he can't play all the 90 minutes (he's like Julian Ross, but he's playing from the start), Balotelli was just resting for cramps, he was fine, in fact he didn't want to be subbed, but I think Prandelli didn't want to risk him, especially with the yellow card.

Dash Kappei

Couldn't disagree more: Cassano was done for after 50', Balotelli had cramps and was subbed by Di Natale, De Rossi and Pirlo clearly suffered not that late into the game.

What a horrible night for me.

I had to learn for 2 exams tomorrow to finish my exam marathon, and I couldn't watch the match. From what I gathered, Balotelli was on fire, and the team actually played some great football.

Hopefully the finale will be great too... Oh who am I kidding, both teams are going to play turtle and it will go to penalty.

Wut, I gather you didn't watch the Group Stage match as well then.
Damn I hate it when people have such a negative attitude towards a team they supposedely support without even knowing what they're talking about (also, a match can be goaless till the penalties and still be greaf fwiw)...maybe it's a good thing you didn't watch the game, too bad.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Cassano is the exception though. He obviously hasn't been in top shape since the tournament began. I don't know if Balo was tired when he went off or what it was. The general flow of the team looked good though. I thought they had great hustle.

Team was dead. Look at Marchisio here..lol

ZErhR.jpg

Big Boss Gigi telling it straight ^^

god I love him

He IS god.

c9hQc.jpg

Celine

People hated Italy back then because of Manics and ForzaItalia's trolling and Lippi's Italy was all about luck while playing awful. This Italy plays great so people have no reason to hate Italy, now is Spain's turn. But I fear GAF curse.
Impenetrable defense, no luck.

Ok, I'm back.

I'm out
!!! This man speaks the truth!

Dash Kappei

Now watch him get criticized yet again by the useless and servile italian media. I'll admit that sometimes he'd do better to shut up, but at least he tells it as he sees it, not giving a fuck. Gigi idolo.

Buffon is just a mixmatch entity between Lobo and Wolverine.
He's fucking' awesome, so much respect for him, he's one of those rare players where you can trascend the hatred for team he plays for and things like that

<3 Gianluigi

spidye

Ok, I'm back.

I'm out

haha yes. those bitter tears. finally a pathetic meltdown
lulz

2,h=343.bild.jpg

sneaky77

So I just finished the game.. and Italy looks downright scary.. I much preferred Germany in the final.

Also.. you take Gomez out at the half being down 2 goals? wtf are you thinking?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
So I just finished the game.. and Italy looks downright scary.. I much preferred Germany in the final.

Also.. you take Gomez out at the half being down 2 goals? wtf are you thinking?
He slows down Germany, he is so static. Klose had chances at least, I don't remember Gomez having any chances during the first half.

sneaky77

He slows down Germany, he is so static. Klose had chances at least, I don't remember Gomez having any chances during the first half.

what chances did Klose have?... also I am not against bringing Klose in.. but dont take Gomez out.. seriously I don't get the hate for Gomez.. I didn't think Gomez did badly on the first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom