• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatjuhR

I decided I'm rooting for England this year.

They really seem to be in need of some succes and they got a few players from the Spurs probably in the starting line-up.

I'm from the Netherlands so can't root for my home country. I think France will win it tho

Joni

Belgium fails against Finland, barely beats Norway and there are still people who think we are on our way to a final.
Let's hope they are home soon so the country can return to normal.

Aiii

So not worth it
Belgium fails against Finland, barely beats Norway and there are still people who think we are on our way to a final.
Let's hope they are home soon so the country can return to normal.

Confidence is half the battle.

Also, Een slechte generale belooft een goede première. Have faith.

oti

Banned
I decided I'm rooting for England this year.

They really seem to be in need of some succes and they got a few players from the Spurs probably in the starting line-up.

I'm from the Netherlands so can't root for my home country. I think France will win it tho

Why not Deutschland.
?.?

JDB

Banned
I'm talking "fill all holes gangbang" types of rekt here, we don't want any of that.

Well maybe Memphis, he might enjoy that type of stuff.

It was more of a 'beaten to death by a spoon' kind of way, but it still hurts. :(

PatjuhR

Why not Deutschland.
?.?

They are just to good. When it's not my favourite team/ or my own country playing I would probably never root for the better team. It will probably be Spain, Germany or France winning it. So don't wanna root for them.

Firemind

Why not Deutschland.
?.?
nos.jpg

thats just disgusting mate

Jack cw

They are just to good. When it's not my favourite team/ or my own country playing I would probably never root for the better team. It will probably be Spain, Germany or France winning it. So don't wanna root for them.

Who would you cheer for in a final Spain - Germany?

PatjuhR

That's a tough one based on skill level. I think they are pretty much balanced.

But it's pretty clear for me I would root for Germany then. But that maybe has a little to do with the 2010 world cup. Still hurts me.

Jack cw

That's a tough one based on skill level. I think they are pretty much balanced.

But it's pretty clear for me I would root for Germany then. But that maybe has a little to do with the 2010 world cup. Still hurts me.

I see. Well, England is a good choice then, at least they are always in for the most dramatic and hilarious matches.

Hasney

I'm not a big fan of international football, but I do always enjoy seeing the polls this time of year. 18% of people responding to the BBC poll think England will win it? Ahahahahaha. You poor saps.

faridmon

I am not that excited but would love to see some smaller teams such as Iceland and Wales over perform.

I'll probably support Sweden because Norway is not in it.... again.

Nyx

This team needs to be about as far away from the public spotlight as possible. I have no problems with NL not being there, we'd get rekt.

Nah, we fucked up the qualification and deserve to not be there, but we definitely wouldn't get rekt.

I have confidence in the next generation!

People in NL should stop listening to those damn nay-sayers on television.

Aiii

So not worth it
Nah, we fucked up the qualification and deserve to not be there, but we definitely wouldn't get rekt.

I have confidence in the next generation!

People in NL should stop listening to those damn nay-sayers on television.

I'm a cord cutter, friend.

I have confidence in the next generation, but it's not the next generation yet. Right now we have a team that can barely win against the shittiest of teams, and that's just facts, we'd get rekt by any team worth a damn.

Tregard

Soothsayer
As someone living in Belfast, I'm in two minds about how well I want Northern Ireland to do. It would be nice to do very well, but if we even came close to winning, I would never hear the end of it. We went mental that time we beat England 1-0.

oti

Banned
Football is a game where two teams play and at the end the Germans win.

- G. Lineker

A Greek relative once recited this quote saying a German said that to underline their arrogance. He didn't believe me when I set him straight lol.

Firemind

Blind has been a snake in the grass his whole managerial career. And he's incompetent to boot at a basic managing level.

Irminsul

Why not Deutschland.
?.?
Dutchmen supporting Germany? Can't happen. It is known.

I had some relatives in Aachen near the Dutch border. As they told me, depending on whether the Netherlands or Germany lost a game, people from the opposite country would drive to the closest city near the border (so, Aachen on the German side) and have a party there.

But always in good fun, of course.

spekkeh

Banned
So weird to have absolutely no hype for a European Championship. I guess as a Dutchman it behooves me to voraciously support Belgium

to choke in the quarter finals

Komaan, allez Rode Duivels! I put all my faith in you
going out with a whimper

PatjuhR

If it wasn't for third placed teams also going through to the next round I think Belgium would even make it past Sweden and Italy.

I'm not a big fan of international football, but I do always enjoy seeing the polls this time of year. 18% of people responding to the BBC poll think England will win it? Ahahahahaha. You poor saps.

Wishful thinking more than anything I expect. I doubt 18% genuinely think we'll win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom