• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZZMitch

Go Albania!! We are probably going to get demolished sadly. It's nice to actually be able to watch Albania in a major tournament for once though, I usually root for Greece in the Euros as the next best thing but this feels a bit more special.

I can not wait for the inevitable public GIF's.

Those crying brazilian kids were the best.

crying-brazil-fan-1.gif

world-cup-crying-kid2.nocrop.w529.h309.gif

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'm rooting for Austria and Romania and I have hopes mostly for Austria, but who knows?

Go Albania!! We are probably going to get demolished sadly. It's nice to actually be able to watch Albania in a major tournament for once though, I usually root for Greece in the Euros as the next best thing but this feels a bit more special.

Hehe, I have tickets and I'm going to Romania-Albania, the derby for the 3rd place in the group.

ZZMitch

Hehe, I have tickets and I'm going to Romania-Albania, the derby for the 3rd place in the group.

Hopefully it's a fun game! I am dreading the match against France lol. The Swiss game should be fun since there are a bunch of Albanian speaking players on the Swiss team.

julrik

I'm from Norway, so I guess I'll be supporting Sweden and Iceland this time around, and the Manchester City players in general, as that's my favorite team.

I'm actually going to be there for 10 days, from June 14th to June 24th - my first Euro's! I'll be staying in Cannes with some friends, and we're going to see Belgium - Sweden, Ukraine - Poland and Spain - Turkey! :)

Waldini

Too bad the Netherlands isn't at EURO2016. But with a team that's being restructured (read : we have a complete asshat as a coach) I'm glad we aren't present.

Dr.JayP

I am sooooooo hypedddd!!!

Even though I'm part Portuguese and I've got family in Germany and England, I've historically supported Spain because of my love for Barca.

However, I'm kinda feeling either France or Deutschland for this tournament.

Euro 2016 + Copa America Centenario = Pure bliss for football fans

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm so salty.

images55pqi.png

You could only be salty if you thought we had any right to be there based on our performance.

Which we don't, we were abysmal and deserved to lose. As your picture illustrates, you pretty much only had to show up to your poule-matches and go through to the tournament and we couldn't even do that. We have no business going there and should be ashamed, not salty, about it.

C'mon Wales! Expecting the worst but you never know. Have to sort out a new avatar now considering the tournament is around the corner (and Vincent Tan is no longer the Devil incarnate).

Also hope Iceland do well, solely due to Aron Gunnarsson being a Cardiff City player.

The Guardian/Football Weekly have their first podcast preview ready: Groups A, B and C preview

Used to love listening to the Guardian's football podcast, will have to pick it back up for the Euro's.

PatjuhR

If I'm not allowed to be salty about the fact that we are not there at least let me be salty about the fact that we played the qualifiers like we were a team from a senior living on their recreation day,

pulsemyne

C'mon Wales! Expecting the worst but you never know. Have to sort out a new avatar now considering the tournament is around the corner (and Vincent Tan is no longer the Devil incarnate).

Also hope Iceland do well, solely due to Aron Gunnarsson being a Cardiff City player.

Used to love listening to the Guardian's football podcast, will have to pick it back up for the Euro's.

Yeah but Gylfi is from swansea. That must be conflicting for you :)

Ok, WalesFootyGAF, what are our chances of doing well? Fat, Slim or No? :)
I'll be digging out the old flag regardless, especially for our dicking by the Saes next week.

I just did a simulation, you guys are wining for sure. Trust me

Obligatory Wales?

Seriously, I'm glad you guys made it in.
Like all Englishmen, I'm always glad to have a backup supporting option after our inevitable disappointing performance in the group stages.
At least one of my relatives is Welsh, so that's good enough for me (and probably a few of the Welsh players too).

I'm happy to put club loyalties aside for a few weeks. As long as I don't have to cheer on England, it's all good.

Ok, WalesFootyGAF, what are our chances of doing well? Fat, Slim or No? :)
I'll be digging out the old flag regardless, especially for our dicking by the Saes next week.

I'm dreading it. Our form has dropped of a cliff and a 0-3 dicking by Sweden didn't help things.

Obligatory Wales?

Seriously, I'm glad you guys made it in.
Like all Englishmen, I'm always glad to have a backup supporting option after our inevitable disappointing performance in the group stages.
At least one of my relatives is Welsh, so that's good enough for me (and probably a few of the Welsh players too).

I think there's about 5 of the team born outside Wales, that I know of. Ashley Williams being most high profile, but I suppose we're not as bad as Jack Charlton's "if you've drunk Guiness, you're in" Irish squad at USA '94.

Coffinhal

I just did a simulation, you guys are wining for sure. Trust me

France 2nd of its group, losing to Portugal ?
Belgium/Croatia losing to Wales ?

You could get
lose
a lot of money with this

Help me GAF, I have no fashion sense whatsoever. Is this German kit cool or ugly? I really like it.

It's ugly, as most of Adidas shirts. The German home kit from last season (with the arrow) was great though. But otherwise Nike is far ahead. France/England's shirt are really standing out for example.

Fdkn

France 2nd of its group, losing to Portugal ?
Belgium/Croatia losing to Wales ?

You could get
lose
a lot of money with this

tbf, the purpose was to make Wales win lol
btw, France was 1st in group A and it's doesnt really matter between France and Portugal because Germany was going to beat any of them afterwards.

Adamastor

Any gaffers have tickets for any matches?

I got lucky in the draw. I'm watching a Round of Sixteen match and a Quarter final.

Coffinhal

tbf, the purpose was to make Wales win lol
btw, France was 1st in group A and it's doesnt really matter between France and Portugal because Germany was going to beat any of them afterwards.

I understood that ;)

When I simulated it myself France was 1st of group A and was against Poland for the next stage.

But no way Germany beats France, even in a close game. That would be a cool finale though, this or against Spain (but they have the strongest defense of the Euro, it'll be hard to crack them).

Even with 24 team tournament we couldn't make it lol (Finland). It has always been kinda mystery to me how we suck so much at football as we are pretty decent in pretty much any other team sport. One of the few European countries that have never made it to the World Cup or Euro Cup. I wonder if I am going to witness that miracle during my lifetime lol.

donjezzy

Any gaffers have tickets for any matches?

I got lucky in the draw. I'm watching a Round of Sixteen match and a Quarter final.

Got tickets in Lyon for Belgium Italy and Portugal Hungary. Lille for Russia Slovakia and Bordeaux for Spain Croatia. My flight leaves in 3 days I can't wait!

bjaelke

it's doesnt really matter between France and Portugal because Germany was going to beat any of them afterwards.

Germany have lost 4 of their last 7 games (Ireland, France, England and Slovakia). Different side to the one in Brazil.

venomenon

I'm finally hyped, still feels weird with the new mode that devalues the group stage so much :-/

Germany is gonna beat France in the finals, btw. (edit: misinterpreted the schedule, this will more likely be a semifinal match)

Belgium will score an upset victory over Spain in the quarter-finals. I also really hope Sweden and especially Iceland do well.

Even with 24 team tournament we couldn't make it lol (Finland).
It's still a shame that Jari Litmanen never got to play a tournament. One of my all-time faves (he played at my club for a year).

MrKaepora

Even with 24 team tournament we couldn't make it lol (Finland). It has always been kinda mystery to me how we suck so much at football as we are pretty decent in pretty much any other team sport. One of the few European countries that have never made it to the World Cup or Euro Cup. I wonder if I am going to witness that miracle during my lifetime lol.

You still have the best racing drivers.

tomtom94

Kind of hoping England go out in the group stages again so I can enjoy the knockout without any personal stakes. (Unless Hodgson pulls off a miracle I don't see them making it past the quarters anyway)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I have a British friend who recently moved to the states for the foreseeable future. Gonna watch the England game with him on Saturday and I already kind of feel bad because I know how it is tradition for the England national team to disappoint at every opportunity.

Acheteedo

I've got front row tickets for Wales v Slovakia. So pumped. Hope we get our shit together in time, Slovakia are no slouch.

Spades

I've got front row tickets for Wales v Slovakia. So pumped. Hope we get our shit together in time, Slovakia are no slouch.

Ditto. Leaving tomorrow for France.

If we have any dreams of getting out of the group, 3 points against Slovakia is a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom