• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EURO 2021 |OT| Sponsored by COVID 2020

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Holy shit, this game.......I thought the Swiss were down and out after that special Pogba goal, but they've only gone and turned it around.

Best day of the tournament so far, and it's not over yet!

Dark Rider

[The Athletic] Eden Hazard and Kevin de Bruyne to miss quarter-final with injuries

[Angelo Mangiante] Hazard and De Bruyne have no injuries and will be available for the match vs Italy.

:pie_thinking:

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[OptaJoe] 9 - There have been nine own-goals scored at Euro 2020, as many as in all of the previous editions of the competition combined. Disaster. #EURO2020

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Looooool. Fucking Hell.

Cannot believe France, tournament favourites, winning the game 3-1, and then go onto to lose on pens.

Fair play to Switzerland. They were absolutely outstanding and fully deserve their win.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Can we get Roy Keane’s take on MBappe?
Is that kid overrated now too?

BTW, when Benzema went ultra for two minutes, he played at a legendary level. I feel sad for him, he gave it all.

Last edited:

Lupingosei

Banned
Finally, as a Swiss, it was hell, each tournament the same shit.

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy shit!!!!!

homer simpson middle finger GIF

Dark Rider

Can we get Roy Keane’s take on MBappe?
Is that kid overrated now too?

BTW, when Benzema went ultra for two minutes, he played at a legendary level. I feel sad for him, he gave it all.

I don't think Kean will bad mouth him.

Benzema, yeah but he need to go rest now because he has a long season ahead of him.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Looooool. Fucking Hell.

Cannot believe France, tournament favourites, winning the game 3-1, and then go onto to lose on pens.

Fair play to Switzerland. They were absolutely outstanding and fully deserve their win.
Holy shit I only watched the first half. France dun goofed.

Nice on Switz. When is Ger x Eng? That's probably gonna be a good match also.

Tschumi

[The Athletic] Eden Hazard and Kevin de Bruyne to miss quarter-final with injuries

[Angelo Mangiante] Hazard and De Bruyne have no injuries and will be available for the match vs Italy.

:pie_thinking:

Lol, a couple of days ago in my head i was saying "Portugal can't win, ronaldo is great but Belgium have de bruyne they're on another level".. talk about a phyrric victory

I'm so glad Portugal is out, after the length of his career I've finally come around to respecting cRonaldo a bit, but enough of his godmode ffs..

Tschumi

Holy shit I only watched the first half. France dun goofed.

Nice on Switz. When is Ger x Eng? That's probably gonna be a good match also.
I wouldn't count on it, i think the final score will be 1-0 to Germany with a 94th minute winner that john terry, wherever he is, will protest by sitting in the middle of a nearby football pitch

PS: I'm sorry for the multiposts, mods, but i can't edit in quotes on my mobile, for some reason.. this is my last post until I'm actively prompted to reply lol

Last edited:

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Fast forwarded through the France match, and Mbappe was a huge disapppoinment.

I think France has it all wrong basing their whole strategy around him. It worked in 2018 because nobody knew what the kid could do, but now that they mark him like a superstar, he cannot even get a goal in 5 matches, or build the game consistently for that matter.

He threw a watermelon to Benzema, which Benzema transformed into a goal after a skill for the ages, but any other forward who doesn’t rely on speed would have probably just put the ball in front of Benzema ready for the shot. The best thing Mbappe did this game was the back heel for Griezman in the second goal and that doesn’t make up for the shot he missed alone in extra time.

Also, why does he shoot free kicks when you have Griezman and Pogba?

Last edited:

Ballthyrm

GG Switzerland, definitely deserved the win by fighting until the very end.

Yeah , the defence was nowhere to be seen at 3-1.
I really don't understand why they played so open and with our central defenders so out of position.

mekes

Pogba scored the worldy so I turned the game off and started playing XCom 😂

Only found out what happened this morning. Wow.

SkylineRKR

France had a woeful tournament. They played their group games like cowards. And then, after 3-1 up against Switzerland, is was like they forgot they still had to play 15 minutes. Their arrogance got the best of them. Mbappe was one of the worst players on the pitch, I knew he would fail. Its very typical to do so, along with the fact the starting squad wins the shootout 60% of the time. He can't really help it, he had the balls to at least show up and it didn't work out.

Its like every defense on here is comedy capers, which makes for excellent games. How many goals we've seen yesterday, 14? Spain scored 10 in their last 2 games, Denmark scored 8 times in their last 2. Germany netted 6 times and conceded almost as much.

I just said to my missus that my prediction is that England will win 4-1, and she replied "Really? And who exactly is going to score all those goals for England?", and then I thought for a moment and just felt kind of sad.

Anyway, COME ON ENGLAND!

Fret Runner

Hello god, it’s me. I know I don’t talk to you much and I should probably go to church more, but bro, hear me out. I need you to do me a solid and make England win. I know there are more important matters to focus on earth but come onnnn, earth sucks 24/7 but England in tournament football that’s normally once every 4 years. I’ll pray every night till our next game and then I’ll contact you again.
Amen 🙏

Last edited:
Top Bottom