• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EVERSPACE 2 | V1.0 PC Release Date & Story Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

After more than five years of development and six massive updates in Early Access, EVERSPACE 2 is set to launch on Steam, GOG, and the Microsoft Store April 6, 2023!

Console releases on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 are planned for Summer 2023.

EVERSPACE™ 2 is a fast-paced single-player spaceship shooter with deep exploration in space and on planets, tons of loot, RPG elements, mining, and crafting. Experience a thoughtful story, set in a vivid, handcrafted open world full of secrets, puzzles, and perils.

Topher

Gold Member
Nice! I've played a little bit of the game in early access and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to playing the final release.

Jennings

I enjoyed the first game and loved the pitch for the second and supported their Kickstarter way back when they first announced it. But I haven't taken a single peek at their progress since, wanting to wait till 1.0. Unfortunately in the years since the announcement I've switched from PC to console as my primary gaming device and I'll probably be double-dipping to actually play the thing, since I doubt my PC will barely run the thing let alone ever actually get used.

Hope the game kicks ass, especially since I'll be in the credits! (As a supporter)

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I tried early access but got a bit confused as to how to play/what I was supposed to be doing so I decided to wait for full release. I loved Chorus recently and this can scratch a similar itch I'm sure, so I can't wait for it, except I might wait for console release due to PC being a bit rusty (for 4K) lol

Saber

Gold Member
Honestly dissapointed with the first one and end up losing interest on the sequel. For those who like then thats great news.

Guilty_AI

Honestly dissapointed with the first one and end up losing interest on the sequel. For those who like then thats great news.
The sequel takes a pretty different direction. They ditched roguelite gameplay loop and procedural generation in favor of something more action-rpg like and handcrafted systems.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Regardless of your taste in games, Everspace 2 will definitely have something to offer you, be it the loot-based progression of an action-RPG, a cool story to follow with interesting characters, fun plot twists, some great action that gives you a variety of different weapon types to play with, and even some peace and quiet as you live out your fantasies of being a space trucker ferrying goods between planets.

Everspace 2 is packed with content, and even once you’re done with its core story, there are several other ways to progress as well, such as end-game “dungeons”, and even a faction system to mess around with.

Exploring the New Everspace 2 Game: A Space Trading and Combat Adventure​

Space trading games are a rare breed in the current gaming market, and most recent space games tend to focus on combat or survival aspects of landing on uncharted planets. However, Everspace 2 represents a unique jump for the franchise, bringing back the space trading aspect with a matching control scheme, along with combat and a full-fledged story.

A Return to the Old Space Trading Genre​

Everspace 2 is a sequel to its predecessor, which was more of an action roguelike space combat game with randomly generated missions for upgrades and cache. In contrast, Everspace 2 is closer to the niche X franchise, which offers players quite a bit of freedom in what they want to do with their time. In Everspace 2, you play as protagonist Adam Roslin, who teams up with freelancer Decks to help his injured friend Ben escape from the game's main location, the DMZ.

A Compelling Story​

While the story in Everspace 2 is ultimately still an excuse for players to travel across various star systems and fight different factions, it manages to be quite an enjoyable ride with a surprising number of twists and turns. The varied mission designs make for a unique experience, and players can focus purely on the story or delve into the side content for even more excitement.

A Plethora of Side Content​

Everspace 2 is a complete RPG with a loot system and various forms of progression, offering side content in all shapes and sizes. From procedurally generated random missions that pop up while players are doing something else to more focused side quests with their story arcs and massive dungeons-like locations that players can finish to get their hands on legendary equipment. The fleshed-out faction system means that the actions players take while employed by one faction might adversely or positively impact their standing with another one.

Combat with a Variety of Options​

Combat in Everspace 2 takes a few cues from classic games, offering players quite a few options for tricking out their ship's weaponry. From limited missiles that deal considerable damage to rail guns that can be used to snipe from a distance and shotgun-styled flat cannons that can wreak havoc at close range, space combat can often be either long drawn out grueling affairs or quick short bursts of lasers and missiles flying everywhere before players decimate an entire squad, depending on the situation players find themselves in.

Control Your Ship with Six Degrees of Freedom​

When it comes to how players actually control their ship in space, Everspace 2 offers a control scheme designed around offering six degrees of freedom. Players can strafe, move forward and back, roll, turn up, and turn down in just about any direction, which ends up feeling quite intuitive, especially when players explore derelict shipwrecks and abandoned asteroid mines on a semi-regular basis.

Despite the massive scale of some of its star systems, Everspace 2 is a much more focused game, interested in the factions and their politics in the DMZ instead of trying to model an entire galaxy. The variety of combat options, side content, and a compelling story makes Everspace 2 a game well worth exploring for any fan of space trading and combat games.

Gp1

The first one was a decent albeit bare bone "first person" FTL but you can definitely can see its qualities and we're it can improve.

To be sincere I lost the hype for this sequel. Its been on early access (Aka. hype killer Mode) for more than a year I believe.

I'll probably play down the line on game pass.

ps. The Pc gamer's review mentioned something that got my attention, they are comparing it to deceased Freelancer and saying that Everspace 2 is better.
Now they got my attention

Last edited:
Top Bottom