• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reviews - Everspace 2. "It's Diablo in space".

Duchess

There's actually a physical edition available (PS5 / Xbox), but it's not going to be released until October.

amigastar

Cant get over the fact this games want's to make us believe we would hear the sounds of all the thrusters and blasters in space...
What? You actually can't hear sounds in space?
But they had to, otherwise it wouldn't been immersive if you didn't hear sounds. Artistic freedom.

Last edited:

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
What? You actually can't hear sounds in space?
But they had to, otherwise it wouldn't been immersive if you didn't hear sounds. Artistic freedom.
In reality you can't, in space there is no medium to compress/decompress to transport pressure waves.
But in the game it sounds very star wars "pew pew" totally immersion breaking imo.

Topher

Gold Member
In reality you can't, in space there is no medium to compress/decompress to transport pressure waves.
But in the game it sounds very star wars "pew pew" totally immersion breaking imo.

It isn't a space simulator though. It is very much a Star Wars-ish "pew pew" type of game.

Last edited:

Hudo

How about a new Freelancer instead... I wanted Everspace 2 to be exactly that...
And fucking Star Citizen, or rather, Squadron 42, is still not out..

Most likely. I enjoyed Chorus, Everspace 2 is a much better experience in my opinion. It offers a lot more depth in the systems and ship tinkering.
Some of that might turn me off tbh. What I liked about Chorvs was it being a space combat game without getting too nerdy or into the weeds like a lot of space games.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Is this game standalone or is there a narrative hook/connection from the first one ?

Yes, it's good but not a lot of variety in game play scenarios.

Pretty art though.

This is how I'm finding it too, looks nice and controls well but after 5 hours seems like I've already seen all there is to it. Really needed to work on having it feel seamless too -- the loading screen to transition to faster-than-light travel (and out of it) really kills the illusion.

Lokaum D+

the big problem of this game is not been published by Sony, MS or any other major publiser out there, for a small developer like Rockfish combat here is a lot more fun, fast and have a lot more variety then some big names out there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom