• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every Netflix Original Series, Ranked (Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

http://www.vulture.com/2016/09/netflix-original-series-ranked-again.html

Last summer, Vulture published a ranked list of every Netflix original series. Since then, the roster of programming has more than doubled, and it's time to reconsider the impressive, overwhelming bulk of TV that Netflix now offers.

Like that list, I've excluded what's become an increasingly big chunk of Netflix's "originals" — programs like Marcella or Peaky Blinders, which began life in some other production paradigm and only later snagged Netflix distribution agreements. The international shows that have been included (Between, Atelier, and others) were conceived with, or produced specifically for, Netflix distribution. This list also excludes feature-length films, revivals of older properties (shows like Arrested Development, while Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp is included because it didn't previously exist as a TV series), and original series like Fuller House or Degrassi: Next Class that are marketed toward a young-adult audience. Yes, it's still pretty silly to claim that Marco Polo and Chef's Table are an apples-to-apples comparison, but we're living in a Netflix world.

Top 5

1. Orange Is The New Black
2. Bojack Horseman
3. The Unbreakable Kim Schmidt
4. Stranger Things
5. The Get Down

Reasoning for the choices and the rest of the ranked items are at the link.

My rankings

1. Making A Murderer
  2. Chef Table
  3. Bojack Horseman
  4. House of Cards
  5. Cooked

What's your ranking?

Meowster

The first season of Grace and Frankie wasn't that much of anything but they really found their identity in this last season. I'd rank it higher, personally.

phaonaut

1. Narcos
2. House of Cards
3. Marco Polo
4. Last Chance U
5. The Get Down

Edit:
Master of None gets an honorable mention.

Feels weird to compare stuff with one season against stuff with 3 or more. Most shows being to show their problems or strengths by season 2 or 3. It's way to easy to make a really great, stand out season 1 but fall flat on your face with Season 2 onward.

1. Narcos
2. Daredevil
3. Marco Polo (Still need to watch S2)
4. Sense 8
5. Orange is the new Black

I'm willing to bet that Luke Cage will be up there once it comes out this Friday.

Haven't seen Stranger Things yet.

Zach

I've watched five shows. I'd rank them like so:

1. Bojack Horseman
2. Making a Murderer
3. W/ Bob and David
4. Stranger Things
5. Orange is the New Black

Jessica Jones and Stranger Things is GOAT. Really enjoyed it.

House of Cards got boring.

Making a Murderer was incredible. Sad.

BoJack Horseman got too serious for me.

Daredevil was great until super ninja cult thing. Boring.

Narcos. Dope.

I'll list my top 5, which aren't necessarily ranked, because I'm terrible at that stuff

1. Narcos (this is the only actual ranked show)
2. House of Cards
3. Master of None
4. The Get Down
5. Making a Murderer

chadskin

1. Stranger Things
2. House of Cards
3. Master of None
4. Jessica Jones
5. Love

Honorable mentions: Making A Murderer, Last Chance U

Tankard

1. Stranger Things
2. Better Call Saul
3. BoJack Horseman
4. Daredevil
5. Last Chance U

If Better Call Saul doesn't count, House of Cards is in, maybe Master of None.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'd probably say like, in no particular order.
  • Love
  • WHAS
  • Master of None
  • W/ Bob and David
  • Lady Dynamite
  • Arrested Development S4

The dramas I've seen are just all too bloated and run too long that it kills any desire to rewatch and a lot of goodwill despite the initial quality. But that aside, Love at #28 is nuts.

realwords

There's a severe lack of Last Chance U in this thread.

Also, is Bloodline really that good? Haven't gotten a chance to watch it.

Looks like I have a lot to catch up on. I've only seen the Marvel stuff and I'm about to resubscribe for Luke Cage. I'll try to watch Stranger Things and Bojack Horseman. Orange is the New Black and House of Cards certainly look interesting but I have very little time to invest in tv shows these days...

My very thoroughly researched top 2:

1 - Daredevil
2 - Jessica Jones

Edit: the new Star Trek show will be a Netflix exclusive in my country so I look forward to that and I hope it ends up being the best of the bunch.

Loomba

Marco Polo at 32 is a travesty.

1. Stranger Things
2. Narcos
3. Kimmy Schmidt
4. Daredevil
5. House of Cards

I heard that OitNB had really gone downhill. I've only really watched things like Daredevil and Jessica Jones besides the distribution based originals like Peaky Blinders. Daredevil is amazing but the more I thought about JJ the less I liked it.

1. Black Mirror --- Not out yet but if its even half as good as the original then it will be number 1.

2. Stranger Things
3. House of Cards
4. Daredevil
5. Master of None

I honestly think Narcos is the best drama on Netflix. Definitely the most intense. I love House of Cards, but sometimes it gets a little...campy, at times? Narcos is pure intensity

I don't have Netflix, but Bojack Horseman is amazing. It will be considered a classic, down the line.

Oh and Lady Dynamite and Master Of None, of course!
lady_dynamite_fight_break_up_by_digi_matrix-da999hj.gif

woolley

1. House of Cards
2. Stranger Things
3. Love
4. Hemlock Grove
5. Daredevil

I dont understand the love for Bojack, the whole show was super boring and wasn't really funny at all.

spekkeh

Banned
1. Stranger Things
2. House of Cards
3. Narcos
4. Orange is the new black
5. Daredevil
6. Bloodline (S1)
7. Marco Polo
8. Sense8

These are the original series I religiously follow. Dont know about Bloodline because I heard the second season went nowhere. I loved the first season of Kimmy Schmidt but it kind of went down hill or can't sustain its quirkiness. Jessica Jones was never good. Didnt care for Master of None or Chefs Table. Couldn't finish Making a Murderer because it got too infuriating, lol. I also love Orphan Black, which is only available here on Netflix.

Dysun

Ranking all of the shows I've watched

1. Daredevil
2. Narcos
3. House of Cards
4. Stranger Things
5. Bloodline
6. Marco Polo
7. Sense8
8. Jessica Jones
9. Orange Is the New Black
10. Making a Murderer

Permanently A

Jessica Jones at 10 and Daredevil at 20, holy fuck. Both series are too long but at least Daredevil didn't have characters becoming idiots for the sake of padding out the runtime by a few hours.

DedValve

Banned
Marco Polo being so low in terms of viewership is so monumentally depressing.

Its also one of the few shows to heavily feature Asian casting, if anything I'd say Marco Polo himself is weighing down the show. We need a replacement spinoff called All About the Khans.

CTRL+F this thread to see so little Marco Polo is even more depressing. People need to give this show a watch :(

Bojack Horseman too but at least thats in a far more favorable position than Marco Polo who may be on its last season :(

addik

Happy to see The Get Down make it to the Top 5. It's definitely a flawed show, but I felt that it deserved more than the flak it got.

My rank would probably go like this:

1. Kimmy Schmidt
2. Master of None
3. The Get Down
4. Jessica Jones
5. Sense8

I haven't finished Stranger Things, but I'd possibly put it above The Get Down to based on the reviews it's been getting.

I'll get around watching Bojack Horseman and Orange is the New Black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom