• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every Netflix Original Series, Ranked (Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
1) Marco Polo. damn right its number one, Naked Kung Fu
2) Daredevil
3) Stranger Things (might be higher when I finish it)
4) The Get Down
5) Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 2

LaNaranja

1. Sense8
2. Daredevil
3. Jessica Jones
4. F is for Family
5. Wet Hot American Summer

99. Sense8

The top 4 are damn near interchangeable..
Sense8 tho.. I try to use hyperbole sparingly, but that show is trash.

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad. Sense8 is literally the best show since Twin Peaks. After only one season it has firmly cemented itself in the GOAT tier.

LaNaranja

I didn't mind the first season, but did not like the second season

Season 2 really was a huge bummer. The constant references to the Kardashians were not funny at all. Same with the five minute Dawson's Creek reference one episode. It is a damn shame too because season one was fantastic beginning to end. It felt like they had completely different writers.

Season 2 really was a huge bummer. The constant references to the Kardashians were not funny at all. Same with the five minute Dawson's Creek reference one episode. It is a damn shame too because season one was fantastic beginning to end. It felt like they had completely different writers.

IIRC, Season One was written and pitched for networks but then distributed to Netflix instead. Season 2 was written entirely for Netflix, so take that as you will. I think it suffered greatly from binge style writing but I'm just a broken record at this point with that argument.

The show was initially under development for NBC under the title Tooken.[7] However, this was later changed to the current title.[8] Eventually NBC sold the series to Netflix.[1] Fey has stated that this was in part due to NBC "not feeling confident about watching comedies". Prior to the network switch, NBC planned to air the series as either a mid-season replacement or as a summer series.[6]

I love the recognition that BoJack is getting. If it isn't one of the best shows on television period (I don't consider myself qualified to make that call), it's certainly one of the best animated shows on television right now.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
OITNB... I keep seeing this show in every list but I've never been able to see more than a few episodes... such a boring thing :(

Stranger Things on the other hand... 😍 ❤

jb1234

Sense8 always gets too much flack on lists like this. It's disappointing. It's the first show in a long time that really moved me on an emotional level. Yeah, it's messy but compellingly so.

Bladenic

Any of you guys watch Easy? It's easily one of my favorite Netflix shows. Wonderfully done.

Thought about making a thread but doesn't seem to have much of an audience. That said, I did enjoy it though there's plenty of room for improvement. Hopefully S2 improves on the base.

Jme

I'll rank all of the series that I've completed:

15. The Characters (I wish I could rate this lower.)
14. BoJack Horseman (I dont get the hype)
13. Orange Is the New Black (The last few seasons ruined how great the first few seasons were)
12. Hemlock Grove (not bad)
11. Cooked (pretty good)
10. House of Cards (really good)
9. Chef's Table (very good)
8. Master of None (surpsingly good)
7. Jessica Jones (should probably be higher rated it was so good)
6. W/ Bob and David (but this was amazing)
5. Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp (and this is a perfect companion to one of my favorite films)
4. F Is for Family (cant wait for more)
3. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (30 rock good)
2. Daredevil (holy shit)
1. Stranger Things (best)

Quirah

Didn't watched most of these shows but I can say that Netflix is doing great job. I watched

Narcos
Stranger things
Bloodline
and Love

They were all amazing. Except Flaked. I don't know why did I even finished watching whole season. Added lots of shows to my list for watch.

So many TV-Shows to watch,
So many movies to watch,
So many anime to watch,
So many videogames to play,
So many life duties to fulfill,
So much work to do..
I need a respawn option to finish my 'to do list' in this lifetime :(

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
shit ... I just finished stranger things and Vice principals and looking for a show to watch....

do i really have to start Narcos????

Also if I could find a live sports channel, I would cut cable so quickly.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
I'll rank all of the series that I've completed:

15. The Characters (I wish I could rate this lower.)
14. BoJack Horseman (I dont get the hype)
13. Orange Is the New Black (The last few seasons ruined how great the first few seasons were)
12. Hemlock Grove (not bad)
11. Cooked (pretty good)
10. House of Cards (really good)
9. Chef's Table (very good)
8. Master of None (surpsingly good)
7. Jessica Jones (should probably be higher rated it was so good)
6. W/ Bob and David (but this was amazing)
5. Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp (and this is a perfect companion to one of my favorite films)
4. F Is for Family (cant wait for more)
3. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (30 rock good)
2. Daredevil (holy shit)
1. Stranger Things (best)

This is such a refreshingly honest, unpretentious list now I'm going to have to watch a couple new shows thanks to you.

Piichan

Banned
Of the ones I watched:

1. The Get Down
2. House of Cards
3. Stranger Things
4. Kimmy Schmidt
5. Master of None
6. Bojack Horseman

I've seen Season 1 of Daredevil and like 3 episodes of Jessica Jones, but didn't really like them, so they don't deserve to be on my list. Fuller House I actually enjoyed, but it's too bad (in a weird way I enjoy) to be on a list too.
Oh, and I hated every character on Love. Not one likeable character.

I should really check out Orange is the New Black.

Karu

1. Orange is the New Black
2. Love
3. Master of None
4. Stranger Things
5. BoJack Horseman

6. Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp
7. Last Chance U
8. House of Cards
9. Sense8
10. Daredevil
11. Bloodline
12. Marco Polo

Not ranked, because blaaaaah: Jessica Jones, Flaked

xevis

Banned
You should watch better TV.

(Not trying to be a dick, but there is plenty of great stuff out there that those two shows can't even touch)

OITNB and House of Cards are both really smart, really well written shows. They're well acted, they have diverse casts and they're not afraid to tackle contemporary issues. IMO, both are really high quality dramas. I'm curious what you dislike about them? Also, what currently running shows do you think are better?

Mulgrok

Todd is pretty essential to Bojack because of the codependent relationship they have. It seems like each character plays off a different facet of bojack's insecurities.

Just finished last chance u. I don't follow football much, but i really liked the 6 episodes. Im thinking about checking out sense8 or hemlock grove next.

1. House of Cards (I'm only at S3E3 though & I understand S3 is a grind at best)
2. Daredevil (complete)
3. Stranger Things (only halfway thru, may move up)
4. Bloodline (S1 was amazing; S2 was boooooring until the last couple eps)

I could not even get through the pilots for Master of None or Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Is this what millennials consider funny? I'm an old so it's all cringe humor and unbearable.

I can't stand The Unbreakable Kim Schmidt. I'd rather have my nails removed with a plier than sitting and watching another episode.

Orange is the new black is fine though, not GOAT but fine.

VanWinkle

I used to love Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. I thought season 2 was a pretty big step down. I just recently watched Crazy Ex-Girlfriend for the first time recently and it's incredible, and now I can't even watch Unbreakable. The tone is too similar and Crazy Ex-Girlfiend is just so much better.

guek

Banned
I don't get the praise for Kimmy Schmidt, personally. It was occasionally funny but rarely smart and more than a little obnoxious at times. I dunno, different strokes I guess.

Sadsic

1.) Bojack Horseman - A-
2.) Bloodline - B+
3.) Orange is the New Black - B
4.) Stranger Things - B
5.) House of Cards - B-

Dalek

1. Stranger Things
2. Daredevil
3. Narcos
4. Kimmy Schmidt
5. Making a Murderer