• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every Netflix Original Series, Ranked (Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

I watched the pilot for Bojack and didn't laugh once, found it really dull.
Does it change later on, or is it just not for me? I also get tired of joke-explaining as a meta joke.

It changes in tone and structure drastically through the first season. It starts off as this thing that looks like a Fox "Animation Domination" pilot from the early 2000s that you expect to see do okay on Adult Swim in a year. Somewhere in season one it starts to explore severe depression and personality issues within the relationships of the cast. That tone is pretty special and you won't see it anywhere else, and then the comedy aspects kind of come in and out to contrast/compliment that tone to keep things level.

HotHamBoy

Wet Hot American Summer is the best, followed by Lady Dynamite.

I liked Bob and David but it's flawed.

Orange is the New Black had enjoyable 1st and 2nd seasons. Season 3 was bad and Season 4 was slightly better. I got through, but barely. Probably won't come back.

Daredevil was a real struggle for me. I made it through Season 1 strongly disliking every character except Wilson Fisk, who I still felt was unbelievably over-the-top. Froggy can suck it. Watched 1 ep of season 2 and tapped out on that snoozer.

House of Cards is pure trash. Fun, campy first season then straight down the tubes.

Arrested Development 4 was a huge letdown

First ep of Stranger Things was a little boring but I'll come back to it.

I'm 4 eps into Narcos and I like Pablo and the "history" but could not care less about the cop plotlines or the Scorcese-esque presentation.

Tried to watch Bojack. Watched several episodes in Season 1, people say it gets better. Jump to later in Season. Still isn't funny. Jump to second season because I still don't get the hype. Show still isn't funny. I really don't understand. I like Will Arnett and Paul F. Tompkins and other comedy voices. Show isn't funny, guys.

Started watching Jessica Jones but couldn't get into it. I won't issue an opinion.

I think that's all I've watched so far.

Catvoca

Banned
My favourite that i've seen:

1. Orange is the New Black
2. Bojack Horseman
3. Master of None
4. With Bob and David
5. Edit: I somehow forgot Wet Hot American Summer, that show was amazing
6. Arrested Development season 4 /
Lady Dynamite (This is super underrated, nobody is talking about it even though it got rave reviews and is so very weird and funny)

HM: Making a Murderer, Jessica Jones, Stranger Things.

In general i've much preferred their comedy stuff to their dramas like the marvel shows and House of Cards (with OITNB being the obvious exception). I've yet to watch Narcos though.

LtOrange

My top 5:
1. Daredevil
2. Stranger Things
3. Love
4. Master of None
5. Jessica Jones

Looks like I need to checkout Narcos soon.

Sapiens

It's the PER-fect storm. it's the P-p-p-p-perfect storm.

Any way, why are both Chelsea shows not dead last in a tie?

Wet Hot American Summer is the best, followed by Lady Dynamite.

I liked Bob and David but it's flawed.

Orange is the New Black had enjoyable 1st and 2nd seasons. Season 3 was bad and Season 4 was slightly better. I got through, but barely. Probably won't come back.

Daredevil was a real struggle for me. I made it through Season 1 strongly disliking every character except Wilson Fisk, who I still felt was unbelievably over-the-top. Froggy can suck it. Watched 1 ep of season 2 and tapped out on that snoozer.

House of Cards is pure trash. Fun, campy first season then straight down the tubes.

Arrested Development 4 was a huge letdown

First ep of Stranger Things was a little boring but I'll come back to it.

I'm 4 eps into Narcos and I like Pablo and the "history" but could not care less about the cop plotlines or the Scorcese-esque presentation.

Tried to watch Bojack. Watched several episodes in Season 1, people say it gets better. Jump to later in Season. Still isn't funny. Jump to second season because I still don't get the hype. Show still isn't funny. I really don't understand. I like Will Arnett and Paul F. Tompkins and other comedy voices. Show isn't funny, guys.

Started watching Jessica Jones but couldn't get into it. I won't issue an opinion.

I think that's all I've watched so far.

The humor is not the reason to watch Bojack, though I find it much funnier than you, the genuine human drama, complexity of the characters, and exploration of depression, substance abuse, and fame are what make it a great show.

I totally believe that Bojack is the single most interesting character on TV right now.

HotHamBoy

No, really, if Lady Dynamite and Wet Hot aren't on your list then you are a humorless monster.

The humor is not the reason to watch Bojack, though I find it much funnier than you, the genuine human drama, complexity of the characters, and exploration of depression, substance abuse, and fame are what make it a great show.

I totally believe that Bojack is the single most interesting character on TV right now.

That's fair, but I also didn't find anyone or any plotline of the consecutive episodes I watched to be interesting. And lots of people do say it's really funny, so I expect to laugh.

1. BoJack Horseman
2. BoJack Horseman
3. Seriously it's BoJack
4. Horseman BooooJacks
5. I need you to tell me that I'm a good person
JzZqs.gif

Catvoca

Banned
No, really, if Lady Dynamite and Wet Hot aren't on your list then you are a humorless monster.

That's fair, but I also didn't find anyone or any plotline of the consecutive episodes I watched to be interesting. And lots of people do say it's really funny, so I expect to laugh.

Bojack is sometimes funny but it's mostly a devasting portrait of depression. It's honestly one of the most heartbreaking and moving shows i've ever seen. It starts showing this from about episode 6 or 7 of season 1, but season 2 really dives into these themes headfirst. Also, you can't skip around, it's intensly serialised, like all of the best jokes are stuff they've been setting up over multiple episodes. Still, maybe it's just not for you, idk.

ty_hot

Stranger Things was great for the first six episodes, then it went downhill for me.

Orange is the new black is a masterpiece. House of Cards as well.

Then come Narcos, Daredevil and Bloodline.

1. Daredevil

Was the reason I kept my sub through 2015, incredibly strong characters and immensely watchable.

2. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

The 30 Rock spiritual successor I never knew I wanted.

3. Better Call Saul (It counts in the UK...)

Shouldn't work, but does, beautifully.

4. OITNB

Ignored the hype, was foolish to do so. Damn fine show which I devoured in about 3 empty weeks.

5. Bojack Horseman

Didn't find it that funny at first, then clocked what it was actually trying to do and loved it immensely.

There was a time where I'd have put House of Cards, then they opened Season 4 with a
prison masturbation scene
and I dropped it. What on earth was that?

Need to watch Narcos, and hoping to add Luke Cage to the list Friday.

The shift towards Original content is obvious though, the lack of content acquisition in the UK is shocking.

Bojack would be so much better without tod. I get they need some comic relief character to break up the prevailing sense of disappointment throughout the whole season but he ain't funny and it's the worst voice acting of the series too

Anyways

1. Last Chance U
2. The Get Down
3. Bojack Horseman
4 Wet Hot American Summer
5. Stranger Things

Not sure if Peaky Blinders counts or whatever. And I guess no movies too? Cuz beasts would be top 3 easy.

Here's my list, with super brief reasoning.

19.Hemlock Grove - Only thing on here I didn't completely watch
18.Stranger Things - Overrated bland, boring, nostalgia
17.WHAS: First Day of Camp - Good, but unmemorable
16.W/ Bob and David - much too short
15.The Get Down - very uneven with moments of brilliance
14.Bloodline - good but overly long and slow paced
13.House of Cards - solid trashy and enjoyable
12.Marco Polo - way underrated
11.Sense8 - immense potential only barely explored so far
10.Daredevil - fun superhero, too many episodes
9.Jessica Jones - love Jessica and Purple Man
8.Master of None - refreshingly different
7.Love - very painfully funny
6.Lady Dynamite - most underrated, this show is classic
5.Narcos - fantastic and violent
4.Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Titus is best character on TV
3.Making a Murderer - hurts to watch
2.BoJack Horseman - funny and miserable in equal amounts
1.Orange Is the New Black - humanistic viewpoint elevates some great character work

Any shows not on here I haven't watched at all yet.

ESBL

I really enjoyed Daredevil, House of Cards, and Marco Polo.

Jessica Jones is pure trash though, other than Krysten Ritter being hot, the show went on waaaay too long. Should've been 8 episodes (that's stretching it) at most, it was basically turned into a catch and release show.

Palmer_v1

Bojack is absolutely number 1.

Last Chance U
Kimmy Schmidt
Stranger Things
The Get Down
Master of None

Are all fantastic and I struggle to order them.

Honorable mention to House of Cards S01. I think it dropped in quality since then, unfortunately.

Also, it's not even eligible but I don't care:

Crazy Ex Girlfriend

HF2014

Top 5 for me, in no particular order

- House of Cards
- Stranger Things
- Narcos
- Bloodline
- Daredevil

xevis

Banned
GAF doesn't like Orange is the New Black?

?!

?!?!?

IMO, it, along with House of Cards, it's probably the best show currently on TV.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I really enjoyed Daredevil, House of Cards, and Marco Polo.

Jessica Jones is pure trash though, other than Krysten Ritter being hot, the show went on waaaay too long. Should've been 8 episodes (that's stretching it) at most, it was basically turned into a catch and release show.

I think they should have held off on introducing Killgrave longer than they did. HAve it boil in the background, sure, but by introducing him as early as you do, then you're stuck with everyone having to be idiotic in order for him to escape time and time again.

1. Stranger Things
2. Bloodline
3. Making a Murderer
4. Last Chance U
5. Orange is the New Black

99. Sense8

The top 4 are damn near interchangeable..
Sense8 tho.. I try to use hyperbole sparingly, but that show is trash.

manfestival

I am blown away by bojack. However I cannot binge watch it like every other show. It's just the perfect kill time show. I love it

Boney

Banned
Sad about the lack of love for Lady Dynamite. It having two tiers of 4th wall breaking never fails to lose my interest.

Bojack would be so much better without tod. I get they need some comic relief character to break up the prevailing sense of disappointment throughout the whole season but he ain't funny and it's the worst voice acting of the series too

Anyways

1. Last Chance U
2. The Get Down
3. Bojack Horseman
4 Wet Hot American Summer
5. Stranger Things

Not sure if Peaky Blinders counts or whatever. And I guess no movies too? Cuz beasts would be top 3 easy.
Season3 Todd got fixed like Mr Peanut Butter was for me in S2.
I can even go along PB crazy schemes since he's ultra rich. Todd screaming like a moron and doing whacky stuff is terrible. But he does at least serve the purpose of a punching bag so Bojack can unleash some frustration and passive aggressiveness which they do explore a bit.

SDCowboy

She excluded it because it didn't start as a Netflix show, but I say screw that. Longmire is good and Netflix saving it after it was cancelled makes it a Netflix show in my book.
Agreed. It's too good not to include even if it doesn't really count.

bryanee

1. Stranger Things
2. Daredevil
3. Kimmy Schmidt
4. BoJack
5. Wet Hot American Summer
6. Orange is the new Black

I watched Jessica Jones as well but thought it was garbage for 80% of its run so I'm not even putting it on the list.

I expect Luke Cage to be high on the list despite dislikng him in Jones but his show looks solid.

1. stranger things
2. Daredevil
3. House of Cards
4. Narcos
5. Bojack

Couldnt stand jessica jones, but had to get through because I love Marvel and wanted to have seen everything. I stopped watching sense 8 and Orange is the new black after like 2 episodes, both equally terrible

ryseing

GAF doesn't like Orange is the New Black?

?!

?!?!?

IMO, it, along with House of Cards, it's probably the best show currently on TV.

You should watch better TV.

(Not trying to be a dick, but there is plenty of great stuff out there that those two shows can't even touch)

1. Bojack Horseman
2. Stranger Things
3. House of Cards (currently on season 3)
4. Daredevil
5. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Kimmy Schmidt and Daredevil have their faults but I gotta give it to Daredevil for the Punisher in season 2. House of Cards is just great television. Stranger Things is near perfect but Bojack is something very special.

Only have seen 4, and I've loved them all. Don't know how I would rank them honestly.

Kimmi Schmidt
Daredevil
Master of None
Stranger Things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom