• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every Netflix Original Series, Ranked (Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I feel like the Wikipedia article for Last Chance U may have ruined the ending... fyi, to anybody else who hadn't heard of it and wanted to research.

This sounds right up my alley. I'm going to check it out next.

As for my picks, I'm mainly a comedy person so Kimmy, Master and Bojack are my favorites. Also liked Love. I thought Making a Murderer was fine. Felt like it ran a bit too long though.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I'm not ranking them but I've really enjoyed:

The Ranch
Bloodlines
Stranger Things
WHAS:FDAC
Master of None
Chef's Table
Making a Murderer
Narcos
BoJack

I think the Ranch is underrated for what it is... it nailed an old sitcom style so well and the interplay between the characters was fun. A throwback type show that's not done so much today, but it was down-to-earth and funny.

1. Bojack Horseman
2. Wet Hot American Summer
3. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
4. Love
5. Bob and David

Their comedy stuff is unrivaled. Their drama stuff leaves a lot to be desired. Haven't watched Marcos, Bloodline or Jessica Jones though (and probably a few others I can't think of).

Zonar

From the shows I have watched:

1. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
  2. Narcos
  3. BoJack Horseman
  4. House of Cards
  5. Daredevil
  6. Jessica Jones (the villan was soooo fucking good)
  7. Lady Dynamite
  8. Master of None
  9. Stranger Things
  10. The Get Down
  11. -"Meh" to "did not care for" -
  12. Making a Murderer
  13. Orange Is the New Black
  14. F Is for Family (only watched 1 ep. Did not care for it.)
  15. Chelsea (watched 3 ep. Did not care for it.)
  16. Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp (only watched 1 ep. Did not care for it.)

Foggy

I feel like the Wikipedia article for Last Chance U may have ruined the ending... fyi, to anybody else who hadn't heard of it and wanted to research.

As for my picks, I'm mainly a comedy person so Kimmy, Master and Bojack are my favorites. Also liked Love. I thought Making a Murderer was fine. Felt like it ran a bit too long though.

You should still definitely check it out. The beginning of it foreshadows what happens but there's a build-up to what happens that brings the entire thing into focus. It's one of the more severe spotlights on race relations in sports that I've seen in a doc.

entremet

That's wikipedia in general these days. Remember when they had spoiler warnings lol.

Read TV reviews if you want spoiler free criticism.

No ranking but these five are better than anything on tv or other streaming services:

Narcos
Love
Kimmy Schmidt
Master of None
Bojack Horseman

Even their bad stuff (The Ranch) is better than most tv lol.

spekkeh

Banned
Tbh I'm having a hard time not falling asleep while watching Jessica Jones. I legit want to be into it though. I'm mid episode 4. Now, does it get any better from this episode? More action? Or no?
No it gets a lot worse. The first four episodes were kind of the highlight.

Thewonandonly

I'd put narcos at #1

I'd take out kimmy as I thought it was shit

So...

Narcos
Bojack
The get down
House of cards
Stranger things

Good list but with a few modifications

Narcos: Season 2 my god
Daredevil: Best superhero TV show ever
Bojack: Great animated series with feels
Stranger things: love me some good sci fi
The get down: Gotta love a musical about rap

Honourable mention
Jessica Jones: I really liked the villian

Servbot24

Banned
bizarre list in OP... OitNB is close to Dexter level trash.

1. Stranger Things
2. Get Down
3. Bojack
4. Kimmy Schidt
5. Wet Hot

JSevere

for me

1. The Get Down
2. Daredevil
3. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
4. Voltron Legendary Defender
5. Jessica Jones

these are also the only five Netflix original series I've watched

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
http://www.vulture.com/2016/09/netflix-original-series-ranked-again.html

Top 5

1. Orange Is The New Black
2. Bojack Horseman
3. The Unbreakable Kim Schmidt
4. Stranger Things
5. The Get Down

Reasoning for the choices and the rest of the ranked items are at the link.

My rankings

1. Making A Murderer
  2. Chef Table
  3. Bojack Horseman
  4. House of Cards
  5. Cooked

What's your ranking?

Chef's Table is amazing. That being said I loathe Cooked. Chef's Table is gonna have some pretentious moments due to them being world class.

Cooked made it me think the series hates everyone who doesn't make a 5 star home cooked meal everyday.

spekkeh

Banned
bizarre list in OP... OitNB is close to Dexter level trash.

1. Stranger Things
2. Get Down
3. Bojack
4. Kimmy Schidt
5. Wet Hot
Well, I think it's a great dark comedy, not so much a great drama. It's why it feels like I'm the only one that preferred the third season over the fourth one.

Thewonandonly

I honestly think Narcos is the best drama on Netflix. Definitely the most intense. I love House of Cards, but sometimes it gets a little...campy, at times? Narcos is pure intensity

By far season 2 Showed that profusely. Who ever acted as Pablo Escobar did a fantastic job and I hope he gets more big time roles. You really felt intimidated by him, then later on you can really see the defeat in his eyes. Just a fucking fantastic series and I hope season 3 is at least as good as season 1.

Bleepey

I am surprised at how rated the Get Down is, I am almost feeling guilty about not watching it. The 70s as a decade doesn't appeal to me though.

120v

OitNB went way downhill imo. Should've been a three season arc kind of deal

But I really can't rank them, they're all great "programming". My top one is Stranger Things but as an 80s kid bias and all that

Good list! I'd probably place my top 5 like this:

1- Orange Is The New Black
2- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
3- Lady Dynamite
4- Stranger Things
5- House Of Cards (though I'm not caught up)

Sojgat

1. BoJack Horseman
2. Marco Polo
3. Stranger Things
4. Bloodline
5. Daredevil

Have not watched Narcos. Sounds like I need to change that.

ZOONAMI

Narcos is the only show i would actually rank with other shows from other networks. That and peaky blinders but why doesn't that count?

I LOVE the fact that someone out there has seen them all to rank things. I LOVE LOVE LOVE ranked lists.

All that I've seen ranked from best to worst

Daredevil
Jessica Jones
House of Cards
Stranger Things
Making a Murderer
Hemlock Grove
BoJack Horseman
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Really looking forward to Luke Cage and I should get around to watching Sense8 and Orange Is The New Black. Neither seem particularly interesting to me, but they've been very culturally relevant, so I should get around to it!

Mossybrew

Gold Member
Love at 28 is a disgrace but I guess it's time to watch bojack.

I put off watching Love because it seemed so "meh" but it turned out to be really good.

Bojack on the other hand, watched the first episode and just found it annoying. Don't get the appeal. Kimmy Schmidt too, managed three episodes of that somehow, far too twee and contrived. Shows with characters that don't remotely seem like real human beings seldom appeal to me.

HvySky

At this point, Netflix Originals are pretty much the only thing I ever watch on the service, and the price is still totally worth it. Some of the best TV I've ever watched has been on Netflix, so I hope they can keep up that level of quality.

My persona 5 is probably...

1. House of Cards
2. Daredevil
3. Marco Polo
4. The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
5. Orange is the New Black

There's still a ton of stuff I need to get around to watching. Stranger Things is next.

Zaru

At this point, Netflix Originals are pretty much the only thing I ever watch on the service

It's funny how a few years ago, when Netflix wasn't available in Europe yet, I really wanted a service like that for having so many movies and shows across the entire license spectrum.

Now almost everything I'm watching on it are the originals.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
1. BoJack Horseman
2. Master of None
3. Jessica Jones
4. Chef's Table
5. OITNB by default I guess since I haven't watched enough of other shows.

vikki

It's like everyone has different taste, amazing.

Just started watching Bojack. So far it's not bad, but not really good yet. Seems like it'll get better.

Haven't had a chance to watch Narcos yet, but I've heard good things. Haven't seen house of cards, also heard good things. I've only seen the first season of Orange, it was pretty good. King Julian is pretty funny sometimes, that's for my kids. Tried watching Master of none, but I have kids and that kind of prevented that. Same with Love. Daredevil was solid first season, not as good second, but had some awesome moments. Kimmy Schmidt is great, it reminds me so much of 30 Rock so I do enjoy it. Stranger Things was pretty cool and I love that it kind of opens the door to many more worlds. Jessica Jobes was solid. I also enjoyed The Get Down. It's awesome seeing the 1970s culture referenced in the show.

I think I'll have to watch a lot more to get a better idea of my top 5.

addik

Jessica Jones over Daredevil? The fudge?

IMO, from what I watched from DD, the stunts were way better on DD, but Jessica Jones touches on themes that are otherwise not tackled on a superhero show, so I greatly appreciate that show for that.

It's main draws for me are the weaksauce supporting characters and the stretched storyline. It would have benefitted from a 10-episode order instead of a 13-episode one. Aside from that, it was great. Loved Krystin Rittner as Jessica Jones and David Tennant as the villain.

Shots fired. I really like The Get Down, haven't watched Stranger Things yet because I feel like I'll be disappointed in the hype by I'll get there eventually.

I started watching Stranger Things before all this hype, and I enjoyed what I watched, but I do have a feeling that I'll also get disappointed (probably the reason why I held off watching it until the hype died down).

To say the least, I am also quite bitter that Stranger Things hype took away from The Get Down hype.

Bojack at 2 is a respectable position.

Everyone ranking their own list without Bojack on it needs to watch Bojack. If they have watched Bojack they need to rethink their life and realize Bojack is better than everything.

Shows with characters that don't remotely seem like real human beings seldom appeal to me.

This is an ironic statement considering Bojack may be the most realistic depiction of depression ever presented.

That said the first couple episodes of Season 1 definitely were trying to find their feet and stumbling but you can tell when they figured out what they wanted to be and took off running. It's a very distinct change.

I put off watching Love because it seemed so "meh" but it turned out to be really good.

Bojack on the other hand, watched the first episode and just found it annoying. Don't get the appeal. Kimmy Schmidt too, managed three episodes of that somehow, far too twee and contrived. Shows with characters that don't remotely seem like real human beings seldom appeal to me.

There are few people that enjoyed the first half of the season of Bojack Horseman, it's certainly a slow burn and it is not really a typical cartoon comedy.

Struct09

For me:

1. Stranger Things
2. Making a Murderer
3. Bojack Horseman
4. Daredevil
5. House of Cards
6. Narcos
7. Jessica Jones
8. Orange is the New Black

I love all of these shows.

1. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt