• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture announced (officially) for Steam.

Guymelef

P128iqn.png

PC Gamer interview.
http://www.pcgamer.com/everybodys-gone-to-the-rapture-confirmed-for-pc/
PC Gamer: Did you always plan on bringing Everybody's Gone To The Rapture to PC, given your history with the platform, or was this a more recent decision?

Dan Pinchbeck: We always wanted to get it onto PC as it's kind of our home turf and we've got a lot of really passionate, supportive fans on PC. We kept making sure all the way through development that Sony knew that we could do it, and that we really wanted to do it. Around the time Rapture came out on PS4 there must have been an internal discussion at their end, as suddenly it became a possibility, so we jumped at the chance. It's a bit like coming home—we're absolutely chuffed to bits it's going to get a PC release.

PCG: As Sony Santa Monica is a credited developer on the game along with The Chinese Room, did that create any logistical headaches in bringing the game to PC?

DP: The development of the game was all us, with the normal kind of publisher support, so there was no issue with any direct development input from Sony. That definitely kept things simpler. The whole initiative seems geared around third-party studios.

Please update the saving ;_;

I tried playing it on PS4 and I could deal with the dynamic framerate but the checkpoints system was too spread out.

Still tho, game is going to look fantastic on PC.

Neat, glad a whole new audience will be able to experience it. I actually still haven't finished it because I got pissed off that I accidentally triggered a checkpoint when I really, really wanted to go back because I was just exploring ahead briefly :( Made me sad.

I think TCR seem like good guys!

Might double dip for this if there's access to in game console and can fix the walk speed

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The development of the game was all us, with the normal kind of publisher support, so there was no issue with any direct development input from Sony.

So reports that SSM had a small team lending a hand were false, then.

PS4 is losing exclusives, age of Sony is done! /s On serious note, glad to see it coming to PC, I'll probably buy it on launch. I only hope this is not 1st April joke

Pyronite

I had a great time with this game. I'm looking forward to adding it to my permanent collection on PC.

At the same time, I also didn't love the walk speed. Would it lose a bit of something if you could sprint the entire game? There's always a dissonance with "serious" games where you can move around like a madman 24/7.

EVO

Kinda wishing I waited for the PC release. I wasn't a huge fan of the game, but there were a few moments that blew me away visually. Would've been nice to experience them first on a beefy PC.

Certinty

Could have been a good game but honestly the walking speed completed ruined it for me.

Anyway hopefully that isn't the case with this version.

I feel like some people on GAF were really aggressively pushing this as a locked down PlayStation exclusive. I appreciate we only have a few historical examples to go on. But I feel like independent game creators have more bargaining power than ever when it comes to negotiating console deals. Next time try and be a bit more level headed?
Where did this report come from?
Salty Sony fans on the replies of that tweet, lol
It doesn't even seem like a game worth getting angry over. Guess it's better than last generation though.

Looking forward to this the second time around. I'll echo what others have said about adding a run mod. Please do it internet people!

I feel like some people on GAF were really aggressively pushing this as a locked down PlayStation exclusive. I appreciate we only have a few historical examples to go on. But I feel like independent game creators have more bargaining power than ever when it comes to negotiating console deals. Next time try and be a bit more level headed?

I mean, it's a Sony IP though, and until a few months ago there is literally zero history for Sony publishing their games on PC (outside of SOE which were always held as a separate company anyway). Obviously fanboys are always going to flip their shit at something like this, but until recently it's not too much of a leap to assume that it wouldn't come to PC because it's a Sony IP.

Curious for Sony to open up about their "internal PC initiative", as seen with Helldivers and now Rapture.

I honestly think this is more because of the developers pushing for it rather than Sony themselves. That being said, it'd be good if this was the start of a new trend for them. I find it unlikely their big games like Uncharted 4 or God of War will ever shift to PC, but I can see it becoming a regular thing with their smaller titles and digital releases.

QaaQer

it was playtesting and feedback, normal stuff. Director did not like working with sony for whatever reasons. My guess is that they told them "run button because people hate slow" and they had to scramble to put one in even though it caused stuttering and ruined the zen pacing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
it was playtesting and feedback, normal stuff. Director did not like working with sony for whatever reasons. My guess is that they told them "run button because people hate slow" and they had to scramble to put one in even though it caused stuttering and ruined the zen pacing.

Right, but it was originally reported that SSM was co-developing the game with TCR. Even the game's Wikipedia page has SSM listed as developer.

satire77

Great, i have it for PS4 but haven't played much.
I'll be buying this day one and enjoy it as it should be with everything maxed.

Interesting hope PC people enjoy the game think it's worth playing at least once. Thought the speed even while holding the gain speed button and this combined with a more open world structure for this game didn't really mesh well, but otherwise it was an interesting play through. Still announcing something most likely legitimate on April Fools is always kinda perplexing.

Curious for Sony to open up about their "internal PC initiative", as seen with Helldivers and now Rapture.

so far, it really has just been traditional PC devs getting the chance to put their game on the platform they are most known for.

The real question is if Sony will ever budge and put games they've produced internally on the platform. So far, the answer appears to be no.

Finally get to play this game, great news!

More please! I want to be an uncharted fan, I'm just not a console hardware fan.

Well there has been rumors of Sony wanting to put PS Now on non-Sony devices. While not as ideal as native PC releases, it would be a good compromise if the service came to PC.

Well there has been rumors of Sony wanting to put PS Now on non-Sony devices. While not as ideal as native PC releases, it would be a good compromise if the service came to PC.
That would make sense given that they'll likely release ps4 controller drivers soon on PC for their remote play stuff, too.

Raylan

Banned
The real question is if Sony will ever budge and put games they've produced internally on the platform. So far, the answer appears to be no.
No, not gonna happen. They are doing this with Helldivers and EGTTR to support the indie dev. This won't happen with 1st Party AAA games.
More please! I want to be an uncharted fan, I'm just not a console hardware fan.
Not gonna happen.
PSNow already IS on non-Sony devices.

mieumieu

Good news! I already got the PS4 version but I am still happy that more games are coming to Steam where I can bring them around on my laptop.

So I guess FFX HD is next for Steam?

iNvid02

ohh i dont know if i want to play it a second time, but definitley open to some hq screenshots and videos, game is gorgeous

Top Bottom