• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capcom's art team is not on Team Ninja's level nor do they have the dlc pipeline. It would take work but first they'd need a great art team to do it. After seeing Alex and Ken, I dunno if they have the chops, they'd have to invest.

Has very little to do with the quality of their team. Team Ninja has been designing games with tons of costumes for years. It's fundamental to their game design. Costumes are more of an afterthought to Capcom and a lot of their models are outsourced. I imagine it's more annoying in general for Capcom to make new costumes.

Neoxon

believe

I know it's summer costume but it fits with the other CPT costumes.
To be fair, they said all 22 characters (the 16 launch characters + the 6 2016 DLC characters). So unless Sagat isn't getting an EX2 color, I wouldn't get your hopes up. That said, I'd love to be wrong.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
CnbHy-DUEAA1QT7.jpg

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Look at the quality of work on the costumes and the volume of them, then look at Capcom's handling of dlc costumes, you can't honestly say Capcom having anything close to the 600 costumes relased as DOA DLC.
You do know DOA now have 1,000 costumes right? Game shipped with 300+
So it's mostly about quantity, not quality. I accept that lol

Zackat

To be fair, they said all 22 characters (the 16 launch characters + the 6 2016 DLC characters). So unless Sagat isn't getting an EX2 color, I wouldn't get your hopes up. That said, I'd love to be wrong.

lalala i dont hear your common sense. I have already raised my hopes in preparation for them to be dashed.

ShinMaruku

So it's mostly about quantity, not quality. I accept that lol

Many times it's both some costumes transform mid match or explode.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210095769]Has very little to do with the quality of their team. Team Ninja has been designing games with tons of costumes for years. It's fundamental to their game design. Costumes are more of an afterthought to Capcom and a lot of their models are outsourced. I imagine it's more annoying in general for Capcom to make new costumes.[/QUOTE]

And that's why I don't expect Capcom to do it and why asking for something similar is pure lunacy.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Chuns stand jab was out of range due to intelligent spacing on the Mikas part, how about couch jab or crouch lk... It's -2 so stand mp might even work, nothing crazy here.
Yep, st.mp is 5 frames, should beat everything Mika has afterwards.

Goodstyle

via Fubarduck
CnbEI7UUsAApueW.jpg

What the hell is this garbage? Why are they presenting this like it means a damn thing? M. Bison wins a lot, but he's still bottom tier. FANG wins more than Ryu, but that doesn't mean FANG doesn't need buffs. Fuck this shit.

Bison is even WORSE than FANG too, and it looks like he's gonna get screwed hard when patches come around. I feel bad for Bison players, and I'll be seriously pissed if FANG doesn't get buffed over this.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
What the hell is this garbage? Why are they presenting this like it means a damn thing? M. Bison wins a lot, but he's still bottom tier. FANG wins more than Ryu, but that doesn't mean FANG doesn't need buffs. Fuck this shit.

Bison is even WORSE than FANG too, and it looks like he's gonna get screwed hard when patches come around. I feel bad for Bison players, and I'll be seriously pissed if FANG doesn't get buffed over this.
Pretty sure they're not using this to balance characters. It's still interesting, though. Should they hide that information?

Like the last couple years, I'm listening to an audio-only stream (srkevo1 for now) in headphones while I'm at work. It works pretty well for keeping tabs on what's happening even if I don't see any gameplay.

the game is balanced though

Pandacon

Bah, trying to watch on twitch, but every time an ad plays I lose the video and have to refresh, which plays another ads followed by no video.

Goodstyle

Pretty sure they're not using this to balance characters. It's still interesting, though. Should they hide that information?

You could be right, but then again, I once saw an interview with Peter where he used this as an argument as to why the game was well balanced overall.

I just hate that they're patting themselves on the back over this like it means a damn thing. Bad players use overpowered characters en masse which sags their results, and creative players gravitate to UP characters which enhances their results. Big whoop. The balance team shouldn't see this as evidence of anything worth noting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom