• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 IOT2I Final day Final game - SFV Top 8 live on ESPN2

Daft Punk

Banned
I've watched them play, they get wrecked at the upper tiers. Alucard is currently 18th.
So, no, not really.

Tekken played, really, really smart...and still lost. Even the commentators noticed it.

You just said it yourself. Tekken played really smart and still lost. That's not indicative of KK being non-viable. That's just testament to NRS finding ways to make cheap characters and Sonic Fox's ability to exploit them.

evo6gkrq.png

Femto.

Oppai's too strong

Ryan Harvey ‏@fubarduck
Fun fact: Fuudo was required to use the "Story 1" costume after his first match because the default was deemed too revealing by ESPN.

Urien banned from future ESPN broadcasted SFV finals :lol

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Oppai's too strong

Ryan Harvey ‏@fubarduck
Fun fact: Fuudo was required to use the "Story 1" costume after his first match because the default was deemed too revealing by ESPN.

Told you guys ESPN banned the bikini costumes!

barit

Fuck I missed SFV finals. It was too late for me to stay up. Hope I can find any archives. srkevo1 still streaming. Have to wait I guess

XenoRaven

Pretty rad this was on ESPN.
I was ready for it to be an embarrassment but Mike and Seth represented the community very well and the production values were off the charts by FGC standards. The only bad part was hearing the other commentary team over the PA in the background. It was way too loud, especially in the beginning.

I can't speak for other esports events, but I'm reasonably certain most sports don't pipe in commentary. I hope they revisit the decision to broadcast commentary at the venue over the PA system next year. It caused some issues.

Now that it's over, I'm really glad I finally got a chance to attend. It was a blast. My personal highlights were meeting Daisuke Ishiwatari and playing in the Gundam side tournament.

It was a great experience and if you can afford the trip it is so worth it.

Also got to meet Beef and Sol which was really cool too!

Infiltration made it really tough for us in the East Coast to stay up late while some of us have to go to work early in the morning.

Also no Juri trailer even after grand finals?

Will we ever get to know how SFV did on ESPN rating wise? I hope it did well so more FG events get on ESPN with this kind of production value. Can't go back to twitch no more after ESPN broadcast lol.

Super fun Grand Finals. Las Vegas CC day was a little weird due to the sheer amount of Pokken and weird ass organization but the GF was worth every cent. Especially Melee.

BlizzKrut

Banned
Watching this on Twitch was amazing, Li Joe was hype, I think he had everything to defeat Yukadon but ultimately the pressure got to him, still played very well.

Infil coming back from the "dead" (losers bracket) and rising up to Fuudo again and winning was fitting in a funny way as he was playing Nash, he adapted really well and as the man himself said:

DOWNLOAD COMPLETE!

Infiltration made it really tough for us in the East Coast to stay up late while some of us have to go to work early in the morning.

Also no Juri trailer even after grand finals?

Consider the fate of us Europeans. If it wasn't for taking a nap during melee I would be dead right now at work. May still be later on.

jm89

EVO Japan sure means a big drop of asian players for the US one, no ? This means US players will have a chance when it's up !

Hopefully they are months apart so asian players don't opt in for japan and don't go to the other. It would really hurt EVO in the US.

EVO Japan sure means a big drop of asian players for the US one, no ? This means US players will have a chance when it's up !

They should make it 1 summer and 1 winter big tournament just like Dreamhack.

The top asian players will still travel to US and steal yo money anyway:p

I'm so tired this morning but it was worth staying up. I wish street fighter finals were sooner but I get ending the show on the hype event. Also it would be past 70% of smash fans bedtime if it was on too late.

Calm yourselves.

KingBroly

Banned
I feel this ESPN broadcast of Evo is going to give SFV a good momentum. It's up to capcom now to continue providing and adapting.

Unless Capcom starts being more transparent about what they're doing and why, they're going to stop any momentum they could possibly hope to get. What they did this past week in regards to game modes, DLC and mods buried this game in a lot of peoples' eyes. Hell, you had developers all weekend taking easy shots at them for how much they're screwing up.

MrCarter

Unless Capcom starts being more transparent about what they're doing and why, they're going to stop any momentum they could possibly hope to get. What they did this past week in regards to game modes, DLC and mods buried this game in a lot of peoples' eyes. Hell, you had developers all weekend taking easy shots at them for how much they're screwing up.

"Buried" in YOUR eyes you mean. Stop putting the majority of "people" under the same umbrella as your agenda. They didn't mention any game modes but they are coming, DLC, I agree, is slightly pricey but they are just cosmetic items, doesn't affect the game, and finally majority of players won't care about mods and Capcom are not there to entitle PC fans to mod their game they have worked very hard on. You can down play the game as much as you want but the fact is this weekend has been very successful in terms of getting this game into the limelight, even to the point of increasing it's sales.

I feel this ESPN broadcast of Evo is going to give SFV a good momentum. It's up to capcom now to continue providing and adapting.

Capcom could start by delivering a decent Arcade Mode. No need for cutscenes, story or anything, just let me fight 10 fights in a row (2 rounds) in the difficulty I want.

As for Evo, great matches but got a little tired of seeing Nash...

Top Bottom