• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 IOT2I Final day Final game - SFV Top 8 live on ESPN2

Capcom could start by delivering a decent Arcade Mode. No need for cutscenes, story or anything, just let me fight 10 fights in a row (2 rounds) in the difficulty I want.

As for Evo, great matches but got a little tired of seeing Nash...

There's been a lot of variety when it comes to characters but yeah 3 Nash players in top 8 was OD. Samething happened near the end of USF4 with Elena.

Sad I didn't see the end I had work in the morning and passed the fuck out around 10:30.

Congrats to Infiltration though, his domination is unreal.

Uhm, sorry if this has been asked several times, but since I don't want to be spoiled:
Could someone please post the link to a replay/archive of yesterday's SFV Top 8?
I could only make it through the first two matches until I fell asleep (4:30 am CEST time).
Thank you.

Varth

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=17096639

The feels this video gave me are unreal. THIS is what playing fighting games are really about. Having FUN. People forget this when they start dick waving.

Also fuck that patronising prick of a presenter telling him "You're 63 years old, how did you get into this?!" - Fucking douche.

Seems to me like he answered the best way: by treating the subject with a palpable enthusiasm and yet the clarity of view, open mindedness and insight you don't see everyday.

Great.

Now, what about that link on the SFV finals with commentary? Anyone? :p

EDIT: oh, sorry: just answered.

reEDIT: but it's no ESPN. I want Mike Ross and Seth!

I think there is some sort of agreement with Capcom with XusesGB, he was banned before when he straight up ripped Capcom streams but came back with highlights only. Perhaps they allow him to upload major tournies too.

I believe Spooky pushed the button on him for stealing his content and had him cry for mercy lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Who won the Canon award? I believe it wasnt streamed.

thelastword

Banned
Unless Capcom starts being more transparent about what they're doing and why, they're going to stop any momentum they could possibly hope to get. What they did this past week in regards to game modes, DLC and mods buried this game in a lot of peoples' eyes. Hell, you had developers all weekend taking easy shots at them for how much they're screwing up.
If you are a developer and you are taking "easy shots at Capcom" during their most successful showing at a tournament yet, then I think these so called white horse devs have lots to ponder. Capcom's maligned SFV was the game that pulled in the most entrants, it was the game that got the most exposure, it was the only game that was aired on ESPN2 where millions had access to it's viewership. I would not be laughing at such a game if I was a dev.......

We're talking about a game where many have expressed interest in buying/playing after EVO 2016, lots of discourse and back and forth on social media from persons who don't even play video games, but they saw it on ESPN, that's the best marketing any game could get. If people like what they saw, if they like the passion displayed, then that will spark some interest and get them playing SFV. Sure Capcom has somethings to iron out still, like ragequitting etc.. Some people have issue with the announced dlc...thing is, if you don't want to buy the DLC, you can play the game to get them or don't buy them at all, I think that's pretty fair.

I'm sorry, I just don't see how you feel that EVO has stopped any momentum that game had/has. EVO is the spark that the game needed and I expect even more entrants and a bigger prize pool next year as a result.

Asd202

So I've watched the VOD and SFV was great but there were too many mirror matches and same characters but what can you do. Also download complete LMAO.

MrCarter

If you are a developer and you are taking "easy shots at Capcom" during their most successful showing at a tournament yet, then I think these so called white horse devs have lots to ponder. Capcom's maligned SFV was the game that pulled in the most entrants, it was the game that got the most exposure, it was the only game that was aired on ESPN2 where millions had access to it's viewership. I would not be laughing at such a game if I was a dev.......

We're talking about a game where many have expressed interest in buying/playing after EVO 2016, lots of discourse and back and forth on social media from persons who don't even play video games, but they saw it on ESPN, that's the best marketing any game could get. If people like what they saw, if they like the passion displayed, then that will spark some interest and get them playing SFV. Sure Capcom has somethings to iron out still, like ragequitting etc.. Some people have issue with the announced dlc...thing is, if you don't want to buy the DLC, you can play the game to get them or don't buy them at all, I think that's pretty fair.

I'm sorry, I just don't see how you feel that EVO has stopped any momentum that game had/has. EVO is the spark that the game needed and I expect even more entrants and a bigger prize pool next year as a result.

Oh that's just Broly, anything and everything he says about Capcom and SFV is mostly biased, ignorant and flamebait. It's just that we take the bait, unfortunately. Even if SFV had a very successful launch with bells and whistles on top and a million people were watching this stream he would still put a Debbie downer on it.

BadWolf

Yeah CEO top 8 was a lot more hype than Evo this year. That Tokido vs Infiltration match is still the highlight of the year for me.

CEO was epic.

This year's SF showing at Evo was pretty weak, heck I would go so far as to say that this Evo is one of my least favorite overall.

Guilty Gear and KOF were hype but other than that it was meh for the most part.

J-Skee

What's the best way to consume all the top moments? I just got back from vacation & couldn't watch any of it live. I went on the Evo Twitch page, but they haven't updated their highlights for this year.

daakusedo

Without Ryu it wasn't going to be great top8.
Melee yet another fox vs jiggly but enough back and forth to be entertaining.
Smash4 with the help of japanese players got again a varied roster but went too fast cause of the rules.

Top Bottom