• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

Till next year guys!

Although last year the audio was a bit better - I remember really hearing the audience yell out "You are free now!" along side Bruce's voice; this time it was harder to hear

broz0rs

peace out GAF FGC. I'm glad I was able to watch Tekken, KoF, and some of SFV finals. It truly didn't disappoint this year.

Rainy

Banned
Were the Tekken and Smash 4 Top 8s worth watching? I missed those. Also are EVO vods locked behind a paywall on twitch or nah.

Oh boy it's happening again. I'm suffering from mad post EVO depression. It's over and I just don't know how to cope. Can't we just have another EVO next weekend? ;_;

That was a great SFV finals. Interested to see the ESPN numbers. Capcom coming through with those season 2 changes enough to have a crazy mix of fighters in finals.

Oh boy it's happening again. I'm suffering from mad post EVO depression. It's over and I just don't know how to cope. Can't we just have another EVO next weekend? ;_;

Shit. I was at CEO last month.

Even when the event was over and everybody was stacking chairs, I was standing around hoping that it wasn't actually over.

Ah well.

TheChits

That was one of the best Evos I think. So many great tournaments, great reveals/announcements, and that entire sfv top 8 was phenomenal.

Fighting games that I tried to watch the entire tournament/top 8 and actually kept up with:

-SFV (No words. Just hype)
-Tekken 7 (Amazing tournament and amazing top 8)
-UMvC3 (One last send off for Marvel. RyanLV beating Chris G and ascending was satisfying to watch)
-GGXrd (First time watching a major for this game, very fun and am inspired to pick it up now)
-Injustice 2 (First NRS game that I haven't picked up, but not a bad top 8. Too much Aquaman tho)

Fighting games that I checked out their stream and find them interesting:
-Blazblue (Never thought I'd like the gameplay but here we are)
-Smash 4 (Actually a pretty fun game to watch not gonna lie.)
-KoF XIV (NEVER THOUGHT THAT THIS GAME WOULD BE SO HYPE THAT DAIMON SUPER IN GF AAAAAAHHHH)

1LhIyiA.gif

LiK

SFV Top 8 was amazing cuz everyone played a different character. So refreshing to see the diversity and not the same 3 characters like last year.

Fighting games that I tried to watch the entire tournament/top 8 and actually kept up with:

-SFV
-Tekken 7
-UMvC3
-GGXrd
-Injustice 2

Fighting games that I checked out their stream and find them interesting:
-Blazblue (Never thought I'd like the gameplay but here we are)
-Smash 4 (Actually a pretty fun game to watch not gonna lie.)
-KoF XIV (NEVER THOUGHT THAT THIS GAME WOULD BE SO HYPE THAT DAIMON SUPER IN GF AAAAAAHHHH)

KOF finals are usually always hype.

I know it stings for Punk but I'm not sad for him. Young man did his thing and came up short in the end, but has all the time in the world to get out there and keep at it. He did a great job and should be proud of his run.

This concludes another EVO...been watching this thing for over ten years, crazy how far it's come.

In the Spooky stream tradition, I'll close it out with:

tenor.gif

Top Bottom