• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exclusive Invitation for an Xbox One Alpha Trial [Titanfall]

RdN

Just registered. Got the "You Qualify" message, but no email.

Hopefully I get in, I'm dying to try this out.

JaggedSac

Just incase Azure can't handle 6v6 matches ?

Edit : Dko5 said the build at the conventions was alpha , I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same version we are gonna get that version as a hype inflator.

Number of matches is also important when talking about stress testing. Computational needs per match, number of matches, amount of bandwidth going in and out, etc.

RdN

no one got an email

according to an EA rep they will start sending them out tommorow

I didn't get the "NDA" page too.. Only the "You Qualify" and then the "Further Intructions, Congratulations" page... So, I don't know.

Fingers crossed!

Didn't Respawn already confirm 720p? I feel like this is old news already.

Anyhow, I signed up directly on the site and qualified. I own XB1 BF4 but didn't get the email.

Tomorrow should be interesting.

bidguy

Banned
I didn't get the "NDA" page too.. Only the "You Qualify" and then the "Further Intructions, Congratulations" page... So, I don't know.

Fingers crossed!

the you qualify page is the nda page. did you tick an agreement box ? try to apply again, if it says your application has been sent already youre safe

StratJ

Banned
Still technically a rumor. Insiders here haven't had the best record of late. I'm expecting 720p but this is still not confirmation.
Maybe they got the January driver update like speculated and now want to release it to the wild with 1080p?

If this game isn't 1080p while running on Source, there's something very wrong.

CalebW

Banned
Grats! Now download Killer Instinct and play nothing else because it's the best launch title on both new consoles.

Is it trendy to refer to Peggle 2 as Killer Instinct now? =)

I normally suck at FPS, but I think I'll do well in Titanfall. While everyone else is busy counting pixels, I'll be counting kills.

Didn't Respawn already confirm 720p? I feel like this is old news already.

Anyhow, I signed up directly on the site and qualified. I own XB1 BF4 but didn't get the email.

Tomorrow should be interesting.

Never confirmed. Respawn just said that it might not be 1080p. Infinity Ward said the game was 720p, though and there was also some insider talk from cboat, famousmortimer, and Thuway. I'm fully expecting 720p because of all the smoke, but it's certainly not confirmed in any way.

Is it trendy to refer to Peggle 2 as Killer Instinct now? =)

Ha! That one is wildly addictive as well. Surprised me for sure.

Maybe they got the January driver update like speculated and now want to release it to the wild with 1080p?

That driver update stuff is coming from Thuway and he's had a bad record and has been banned for not providing two sources for his insider news I believe. For all we know it's just gossip. Also, this isn't the same Source Engine. Apparently it's heavily modified.

Timu

BeFYkwMCcAABHx6.jpg
Dat nda!!!

StratJ

Banned
driver update stuff is coming from Thuway and he's had a bad record and has been banned for not providing two sources for his insider news I believe. For all we know it's just gossip. Also, this isn't the same Source Engine. Apparently it's heavily modified.
So has every other insider, the driver update is more so when they're going to do it not if.

I accepted and didn't get the TOS page, then I changed to US and got the page when I refreshed it. Awesome.

Chobel

Driver update that doubles performance (720p to 1080p)? Not gonna happen. Also it's not a source engine, it's modified source engine with new renderer.

StratJ

Banned
Driver update that doubles performance (720p to 1080p)? Not gonna happen. Also it's not a source engine, it's modified source engine with new renderer.
You should know resolution isn't linear.

Lets be honest, it's the goal of keeping to 60FPS at all times, very much like every COD on the 360. If it dips for even a second, they're going to do something about it.

It's still Source. The engine has been modified to death since its arrival in HL2.

_hekk05

Banned
Done. Should arrive tomorrow. Also pre-ordered that funky limited edition Titanfall controller.

Wait... So you just bought a console to play an alpha that may or may not be good just because you entered for said alpha while not having the console. Lolwtf.

That said I guess you can just return the console if you're in 'murica.

CalebW

Banned
Wait... So you just bought a console to play an alpha that may or may not be good just because you entered for said alpha while not having the console. Lolwtf.

That said I guess you can just return the console if you're in 'murica.

Yes that's right. I bought a 500 dollar console to play a beta. I then went out and bought a BMW so I could drive to the store and buy a quart of milk.

statham

Respawn ‏@Respawn 3m

As some of you are asking, we are doing a limited technical test. It is not a beta, and we don't have any beta news at the moment.
Respawn ‏@Respawn 1m

@AuAngelz Nope. It strictly not sharable.
so beta still coming, and reason why this is called alpha?

Timu

Nevermind I found it:

"I contacted a representative from EA directly and he confirmed to me that the alpha test would begin on Friday, January 17th with emails and codes all being sent out to the qualifying individuals then."

Chobel

You should know resolution isn't linear.

Lets be honest, it's the goal of keeping to 60FPS at all times, very much like every COD on the 360. If it dips for even a second, they're going to do something about it.

It's still Source. The engine has been modified to death since its arrival in HL2.

1.25 more pixels to process, more bandwidth used, if it isn't double it will damn near double, at least 80%.

Also it's not modified source engine, Respawn created a new 3D renderer and ditched the original one in Source.

MMaRsu

Banned
1.25 more pixels to process, more bandwidth used, if it isn't double it will damn near double, at least 80%.

Also it's not modified source engine, Respawn created a new 3D renderer and ditched the original one in Source.

So it's still using some parts of the Source engine. Just like Call of Duty is using the Quake III engine.

StratJ

Banned

Oh come on, thats FUD at best. Give me one CPU process which is dependent on the resolution of the game.

You've just contracted yourself, they've made a new renderer, but it's still source. Are engines only renderers these days?

bidguy

Banned
its also US only
pretty sure they have a way of knowing who got the email and who didnt. thats why they say its small.

Chobel

Oh come on, thats FUD at best. Give me one CPU process which is dependent on the resolution of the game.

You've just contracted yourself, they've made a new renderer, but it's still source. Are engines only renderers these days?

GPU will take most of rendering loop. CPU time is the minor factor in FPS games.

It's not source, they're using parts of source, but the most important part of any game engine which is rendering engine is not from source. Rendering takes most of frame time in FPS game.

Top Bottom