• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die (999 Staff, Vita/3DS) Site Opens w/ Trailer

Korigama

TheSuperSakura said:
What do you mean
bracelet numbers not being correct?
Santa not really being 3 and June not really being 6, validating Snake's theory about the matter in stating one was 0 and one was 9.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
All this 999 talk made me re-read THE ANSWERS XD

Not like I didn't already memorize all that info like a sponge :3 <3

Hylian7

120gh9f.jpg

I just noticed this.
No bracelet.

Thoraxes

Hylian7 said:
Another thing:
Akane and her look alike DO NOT have the same eye color!
If it plays by the old rules
someone could just take it off her dead body, and she's either sleeping or dead in that screen.
Also they do have the same positions for things, if the art and screens suggest anything. Like the way her arms are, or some movements... not to mention her forehead.

Hylian7

Akselziys said:
Contacts and hair dye? XD

I'm curious what's in her birdcage necklace...
The pink-haired girl has the same eye color as Clover did. Also it should be noted that in addition to the hair thing, her top has a the same pattern as Clover's earmuffs, just a different color.

I'm probably going to replay 999. Or, better yet, maybe let a friend who's never heard of it play it and make them talk about it with me. This game needs to be experienced by everyone, so, what better way than to amass an army of fans than with those closest to you?

Oooh. Excited.

MechaX

Just watched the trailer.

ZEEEERRROOOOOOO!

God, I hope this gets localized. I loved 999 a lot more than I thought I would.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
dragonlife said:
I'm probably going to replay 999. Or, better yet, maybe let a friend who's never heard of it play it and make them talk about it with me. This game needs to be experienced by everyone, so, what better way than to amass an army of fans than with those closest to you?

Oooh. Excited.

MechaX said:
Just watched the trailer.

ZEEEERRROOOOOOO!

God, I hope this gets localized. I loved 999 a lot more than I thought I would.

Beyond excited <3 Like my life won't be complete until I play this excited :D

Okay, I've been rewatching the trailer some more. The 3D models are actually growing on me. Also, I love that jingle/sound around 0:29-0:31 when we see the dude. It's awesome/kinda chilling.

I hope we get more tracks like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1CveYZh1OM]Nonary Game. It's so good. I even use it on the Dark Carnival concert for the Tank in L4D2 (and Chaotic Dance 2 from BKO).

Also, I like the guy's design.

<_<

So what are their names so far? Someone said Sigma.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
dragonlife said:
Okay, I've been rewatching the trailer some more. The 3D models are actually growing on me. Also, I love that jingle/sound around 0:29-0:31 when we see the dude. It's awesome/kinda chilling.

I hope we get more tracks like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1CveYZh1OM]Nonary Game. It's so good. I even use it on the Dark Carnival concert for the Tank in L4D2 (and Chaotic Dance 2 from BKO).

Also, I like the guy's design.

<_<

So what are their names so far? Someone said Sigma.

Sigma is the guy in blue, he's the main character and a college student, the white haired girl is Phi, and seems to know Sigma.

The other characters are so far nameless...

Some more info I mentioned a page back :)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30404400&postcount=168

matmanx1

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH! Get hype indeed! Great trailer and even more ties to 999 make me think this game is going to be a huge ball of awesome.

ZERO, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE THIS TIME??!!

Man, 999 is one of my absolute favorite DS games and the only visual novel I have ever truly loved. It hooked me hard for several days straight while playing through all of the endings and I don't think I will ever forget the experience. It was just one of those special games that sticks with you. I'm really having trouble believing that a sequel is on the way!

9BR

Neo Member
THIS IS SO UNEXPECTED, just made my day.
So excited yet frightened, what more disturbing scenes can these guys produce? The first one scared the shit out of me that's for sure.

A bit disappointed with the 3d models, but iwgaf as long as I get a similar experience. 8D

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
matmanx1 said:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOH! Get hype indeed! Great trailer and even more ties to 999 make me think this game is going to be a huge ball of awesome.

ZERO, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE THIS TIME??!!

Man, 999 is one of my absolute favorite DS games and the only visual novel I have ever truly loved. It hooked me hard for several days straight while playing through all of the endings and I don't think I will ever forget the experience. It was just one of those special games that sticks with you. I'm really having trouble believing that a sequel is on the way!

Such awesomeness to look forward to in the future :D

I was bored, so I made some GIFs. Don't quote the whole post, please.

jyztSFKwA3qpQ.gif

jhFM15ZQYYKZ4.gif

jdrl7uNDGBEuP.gif
CLICK ME. I guess it didn't go very well.

jIxM6Vl2WMks3.gif

jbxD4x3GZmIxgG.gif

jSpIqIOzZdmH.gif

jbet1YzOuPHiKf.gif

Oh, and I'll just leave these here. Let the speculation begin!

http://i.imgur.com/7JVj7.jpg (Machine says Adam.)

http://i.imgur.com/9VOSJ.jpg (Fighting over...)

http://i.imgur.com/f1K9b.jpg (This?)

http://i.imgur.com/jjRa7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nPJfl.jpg (I guess the GIF above wasn't as sexy a situation as I thought. Oh, well!)

http://i.imgur.com/SHG7m.jpg (Uh oh)

http://i.imgur.com/VzfsK.jpg (Wow. What?)

http://i.imgur.com/9BRgt.jpg (Grenade? Detonator? Easy button?)

http://i.imgur.com/TKjvv.jpg (Hmmmmmmmmmm)

DO NOT CLICK UNLESS YOU'VE BEATEN/GOTTEN ALL THE ENDINGS IN 999, JUST TO BE SAFE This was probably the biggest tease! It lasted only three frames, so it was VERY brief.
I wonder if it's really June...:eek:

Based on the trailers, I really get the feeling this is
all some kind of simulation or something. Encephalon Dives, maybe? :p All the digital stuff makes it seem that way. It makes me think of Digimon (lame example, I know). You see it in the Sigma/Phi GIFs above, like the line is scanning them. At the end of the trailer as well; they all materialize like pixels. The trailer also had what looked like incubation pods, numbered 1-3. Obviously this means jackshit, though. I can't begin to assume how it's all tied together

Other tidbit: the knife prior to the lion portrait bears an inscription I couldn't make out. I captured all 4-5 frames of the knife, but I can't seem to find them...you can hit the trailer up once more, though, since it's awesome to look at over and over <3

Oh, and Aksy: I never
made the connection with the dark woman being Alice. I feel so stupid now! I can't believe I didn't notice :( And as for your June/purple/buns thing...that picture changes it up a bit, no? PURPLEEEE

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
dragonlife said:
Oh, and Aksy: I never
made the connection with the dark woman being Alice. I feel so stupid now! I can't believe I didn't notice :( And as for your June/purple/buns thing...that picture changes it up a bit, no? PURPLEEEE

Mwahaha <3 I NEED this game and more media/info *_*!

So it just occurred to me

Small 999 spoilers

If they wanted to play off the hardware with both versions, maybe the game is another morphogenetic field experiment? With one group transmitting and one group receiving.

GSR

Hey Aks, just curious, how does it feel to see this announced and know there's a chance that one day you might be part of the team that brings it to the rest of the world? The rest of us just have "oh wow I can't wait to play it", you might get to work on it.

ShockingAlberto said:

Small 999 spoilers

If they wanted to play off the hardware with both versions, maybe the game is another morphogenetic field experiment? With one group transmitting and one group receiving.

Now we're getting somewhere.

But as much as I was impressed by 999 (and I was a great deal), this is just not going to happen :( And now I hate you for making me want it.

Belisarius

Neo Member
GSR said:
Hey Aks, just curious, how does it feel to see this announced and know there's a chance that one day you might be part of the team that brings it to the rest of the world? The rest of us just have "oh wow I can't wait to play it", you might get to work on it.
mufns.gif

Actually there was a different .gif I wanted to post but I think maybe someone got banned for that somewhere? Anyway.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
GSR said:

The same thing Ben said :D

mufns.gif

Would be a total honor to get the chance to work on the 2nd game :)

Not to mention I'd totally fanb0i out *_* <3 And sing the praises of Uchikoshi and Nishimura forever~

I love you, Kotaro Uchikoshi, Shinji Hosoe, and Kinu Nishimura &#12542;(&#9829;ó&#12904;ò)&#65417;&#9825;

And I love Chunsoft as well <3 My love is like a cup that runneth over <3

Thoraxes

dragonlife said:
Based on the trailers, I really get the feeling this is
all some kind of simulation or something. Encephalon Dives, maybe? :p All the digital stuff makes it seem that way. It makes me think of Digimon (lame example, I know). You see it in the Sigma/Phi GIFs above, like the line is scanning them. At the end of the trailer as well; they all materialize like pixels. The trailer also had what looked like incubation pods, numbered 1-3. Obviously this means jackshit, though. I can't begin to assume how it's all tied together
If you've played Ever17, those (Big Ever17 Spoilers beware!)
incubation pods look a lot like the high-pressure oxygen treatment pods in IBF after you go down there towards the sinking portions near the ends of the time down there after they innoculate themselves.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Thoraxes said:

*Avoids Ever 17 spoilers in case I ever get around to playing it one day XD*

I'm so torn though, part of me wants to find out every piece of info I can and then theorize to death and my other half wants me to know nothing and play it as a blank slate XD

Though, even after reading through the entire script of 999 during the localization process, I still played my personal retail copy once it was released, and played through all six endings and still loved every minute of it :D <3

Just stands as a testament to its awesomeness :3

Also, having visual context while playing the game made things a different experience, rather than just reading through a discombobulated script <3

Belisarius

Neo Member
Akselziys said:
*Avoids Ever 17 spoilers in case I ever get around to playing it one day XD*

I'm so torn though, part of me wants to find out every piece of info I can and then theorize to death and my other half wants me to know nothing and play it as a blank slate XD
Good thing I have no such problems. :3
SPlxQ.png

Instro

ShockingAlberto said:

Small 999 spoilers

Certainly a route they could go with the story, another poster brought up the same possibility. Would be pretty cool if they tried to work that into the plot.

Belisarius

Neo Member
Instro said:
Certainly a route they could go with the story, another poster brought up the same possibility. Would be pretty cool if they tried to work that into the plot.

Or they could
not even do it just cross-platform, just do it with everyone playing the game, almost sort of Demon Souls style: How you play and what you do affects someone else's game, so you have this sort of network of people trying to complete the game, or something. Like, each person playing would represent one "attempt" at solving the puzzle...

Not sure if that would work so well for this game-type, but man, if they could...awesome.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Belisarius said:
Or they could
not even do it just cross-platform, just do it with everyone playing the game, almost sort of Demon Souls style: How you play and what you do affects someone else's game, so you have this sort of network of people trying to complete the game, or something. Like, each person playing would represent one "attempt" at solving the puzzle...

Not sure if that would work so well for this game-type, but man, if they could...awesome.

That sounds like an MMO-visual novel
aka not a fan lol

Belisarius said:
Or they could

This would be amazing.

GSR

Someone over at Court-Records got shots of each arm/number:

The fact that 4 and 7 and 2 and 9 are repeats make me think these aren't the final numbers, though, and that this was just for effect.

Erigu

GSR said:
The fact that 4 and 7 and 2 and 9 are repeats make me think these aren't the final numbers, though, and that this was just for effect.
Same characters get different numbers, too, during that section. So either the numbers can change, this time around, or they're not willing to give us the actual numbers just yet. Either way, this looks like a dead-end.

Smirk

Neo Member
Long awaited continuation. This is freakin incredible. But that 3D is kinda...I'd rather they left it in 2D.

matmanx1

Smirk said:
Long awaited continuation. This is freakin incredible. But that 3D is kinda...I'd rather they left it in 2D.

I'm with you on that but at the same time I'll reserve final judgement until I see it in motion and actually get to experience it. As long as the end result is good I will keep an open mind. And honestly, the end result of 999 was soooo good that I can't help but be positive about this new game.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Full scans are out :3 Those in the know will know where they dwell ;)

Seems they have a few new pics we haven't seen yet as well as information :3

Anyone care to translate? XD

Hylian7

Akselziys said:
Full scans are out :3 Those in the know will know where they dwell ;)

Seems they have a few new pics we haven't seen yet as well as information :3

Anyone care to translate? XD
Came here to post the same thing. I just saw them myself.

Interesting that there was another screenshot of that dead woman in the dark blue dress that I think might be Akane.

Clevinger

Hylian7 said:
Came here to post the same thing. I just saw them myself.

Interesting that there was another screenshot of that dead woman in the dark blue dress that I think might be Akane.

Why do you think she's Akane?

Hylian7

Clevinger said:
Why do you think she's Akane?
Because I think some of these characters are the children of previous characters. The questions said Akane is the head of a giant organization. She got old and died. That's probably her.

GSR said:
Someone over at Court-Records got shots of each arm/number:

The skull also starts at the robot guy with the red robe/whatever he is.

ok i'm hyped i just ...want to play this ... make this awesome, expand the story , make IT AWESOME

yes i'm expecting much , but after 9,9,9 how could i not ?

Top Bottom