• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 |OT| Not bad for a number 2 game

Mad_Ban

Really looking forward to this. :) Definitely going to change my setup in quali to be easier on the tyres after finding out my drop-off was like 3 seconds. :p

Salacious Crumb

I've spent all my spare time dicking around in pCARS, the last time I drove the track was during our mini league. Hopefully Lucius will be able to take it to phleg, cause I certainly won't be able to.

kharma45

May just go with the controller today for the race, still can't get the hang of using a wheel :(

Can I swap from wheel to controller between quali and race in the game? Or will that cause some sort of fuck up for me?

No I'm in the US, I meant 1AM (the races for this start at 8:30am)

Pardon my ignorance then!

Kyaw

May just go with the controller today for the race, still can't get the hang of using a wheel :(

Can I swap from wheel to controller between quali and race in the game? Or will that cause some sort of fuck up for me?

It could fuck up. Not worth the risk!

I'm not so confident with this track, it was fairly easy in 2010 but there's less grip in 2011.

kharma45

I tried swapping offline there now between the two, unplugged the wheel and stuck in the controller and it was fine.

Just gonna use the controller though, about 1-2 seconds a lap faster with it.

Mad_Ban

Had fun at the start and I'm glad I've had my first win since Canada last year, but fuck me that was boring.

Tuuurkey should be good. I'll hopefully get some practice in after this week being so busy.

Thanks for letting me race guys even though I am shit :) Sorry if I annoyed anyone with my constant screaming...not used to spinning out that many times in a race haha.

Just did a couple laps of Turkey to get my bearings and it seemed pretty good. I was not spinning out as much as today so hopefully I will be less angry haha.

does anyone else play in random 360 public sprints? The fact some peoples fastest laps are 3 seconds quicker is doing my head in, there MUST be some sort of glitch people are exploiting?

Heh at least I didn't include the casual racism during it lol.

Haha, just to clarify, there was one stupid comment by me about asian people designing the track because it was in China and we talked about Quiche having an unfortunate incident with his neighbours. Don't want people think we're a bunch of racists :p

I'll watch the vids later and upload mine overnight. Looking forward to seeing them!

I have to say the only good thing about the race was the banter though. The rain meant it was really dull. I only like rain when it comes halfway, a full wet race is zzzzzz.

kharma45

Haha, just to clarify, there was one stupid comment by me about asian people designing the track because it was in China and we talked about Quiche having an unfortunate incident with his neighbours. Don't want people think we're a bunch of racists :p

I'll watch the vids later and upload mine overnight. Looking forward to seeing them!

I have to say the only good thing about the race was the banter though. The rain meant it was really dull. I only like rain when it comes halfway, a full wet race is zzzzzz.

:lol never occurred to me that anyone would interpret it that way, but no, we're just a bunch of sweary bastards, well, Quiche is.

I still need to work out who most peoples voices are when we're on Mumble, I can't tell who's who for some guys.

kharma45

Yeah the more the merrier irrespective of skill :) once you get to grips with the game a bit I could see you and I having some decent races, I'm quite obviously at the lower end of the NeoGAF1 racing level :p although over a 3 lap race during our mini-league I must say I was rather competitive :p

Mad_Ban

hahaha. I will tone it down next time hopefully :) Cheers guys it was fun!

Haha keep it up. :p It was good to have something funny to listen to during that race because it was dreadful.

I was going to talk but I concentrated so much on not spinning and sneezing into the mic >_> Controllers + rain = hell!

Christ knows what times, I've come off it, its just demoralising to play. Its EXACTLY how things were during the 11/11 thing, a third of racers having lap times which are 3 seconds quicker than everyone else.

I mean I'm not Vettel or anything, but I wouldn't say I'm shit. Easily got over a 100 wins in the last one and have about 26 in this one, im usually in front of the people getting the normal lap times, theres always a gap in front of me and the ones ahead have lap times that are 3 seconds faster. I just wanna get the 35 wins acheivement and never have to bother with it again, lol

It doesn't sound like you're having fun, I say ditch the achievement hunt personally.

Not having fun is an understatement, I absolutely detest it. Just had a few other races, the rank 50's just blaze every race by 15+ seconds, its ridiculous. Somethings going on, I'm sick of games having these online achievements. The outrageous penalties given in this game don't help either, christ almighty.

You're starting to become a really good driver. That pace at the start was impressive! If you find your consistency and maybe a better pit strategy I can see you have good scraps this league!

Haha that video needs an explicit tag :)

Here's mine

If I were you after T1 I would've pushed on the gas and just got back on the track. You were way too nice! Haha.

It may have been a bit of a crap race, but at least I got some highlights this time:

http://youtu.be/RJvm_pA_GOU

Some good clips of us racing here. It's a shame I messed up my out lap :(

Mad_Ban

Within ten points of my total from last season already. Don't know whether to laugh or cry! :p

That adapter...

It's a shame about your fridge Lucius :( I think we would have had a good scrap in the wet and given Force India more points.

Speech

Have taken some time to get Fraps set up.

I imagine my poor performances of late have been down to the fact that I haven't been recording the races, and not, for example, poor tyre choices.

Lucius86

Banned
Within ten points of my total from last season already. Don't know whether to laugh or cry! :p

That adapter...

It's a shame about your fridge Lucius :( I think we would have had a good scrap in the wet and given Force India more points.

Aye, when I saw the wet I knew it was my chance to make up the performance gap between us in the dry. C'est la vie...

Mad_Ban

Did 5 or 6 laps around Turkey earlier. Love it. Definitely one of my favourite tracks and I'm shocked it wasn't on the original league.

Getting high 24's as a race pace (10 laps of fuel + options). Think 23's are gonna be possible when people are going for it though.

kharma45

You're starting to become a really good driver. That pace at the start was impressive! If you find your consistency and maybe a better pit strategy I can see you have good scraps this league!

Ha thanks very much :) I did feel I did a bit better than usual, over a few laps I can maintain pace ok (I felt I did reasonably well in the mini league, got a couple of wins) but over a long distance I dunno what it is, just silly mistakes with the controller. Hopefully I'll eventually get used to the wheel and be able to use it effectively.

As for the pit strategy, that was just a one-off not pitting at all. Had I stopped I most likely would've been even further behind and wouldn't have caught up to Speech, thought I'd see if I could run on the same set of tires to the end without any issues, almost did it too.

I am awful at this game! I cannot beat 1:30:00 on Turkey at all! It is so demoralizing. Any tips on how to play this game at all haha,

On the upside I am not spinning out on this track!

Mad_Ban

I am awful at this game! I cannot beat 1:30:00 on Turkey at all! It is so demoralizing. Any tips on how to play this game at all haha,

On the upside I am not spinning out on this track!

Find a good setup on race department, or move the slider all the way to the left so you have the most downforce, which makes it easier for you.

Since I suck at explaining driving, the best thing I can say is try to smooth everything out for the sake of consistency. When you feel you've got that nailed down is when you start to push harder at each and every corner to find the absolute limit (but crashes will happen :p)

Find a good setup on race department, or move the slider all the way to the left so you have the most downforce, which makes it easier for you.

Since I suck at explaining driving, the best thing I can say is try to smooth everything out for the sake of consistency. When you feel you've got that nailed down is when you start to push harder at each and every corner to find the absolute limit (but crashes will happen :p)

Cheers I will have another go again tomorrow and report back!

Top Bottom