• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 |OT| Not bad for a number 2 game

Good vid buddy. I'll upload mine tonight.

I'll need to get Kyaw to do the new tables etc so the post-race post might be a day or two. China is the next race, however, so get practicing!

kharma45

China I'm slowly getting to grips with, finding it a real challenge in the wet with my wheel though, may have to just stick to the 360 controller as I doubt I'll have it mastered in the time I have but we'll see.

I'm terribly slow at China.

The sad thing is that other than Valencia and Germany I'm shit at all the remaining tracks. My chance of retaining the title was slim to begin with, but with the track list it's pretty much impossible, haha. I was lucky the first league had all the tracks that suited my driving style. I'm going to be slumming it in the midfield like I was last year, I think. I was lucky not to be lapped yesterday as it was!

I had a really good scrap with Staab for the first time in ages yesterday though so I'm okay with it. As long as I have a good race with someone I don't really care where I am.

Mad_Ban

Did you try to Barichello me into the wall, Lucius? :p

Just did 6 or so laps in China and I'm averaging low to mid 1:31's as a race pace. That doesn't sound too fast. Interested to hear how you guys are doing.

kharma45

Did you try to Barichello me into the wall, Lucius? :p

Just did 6 or so laps in China and I'm averaging low to mid 1:31's as a race pace. That doesn't sound too fast. Interested to hear how you guys are doing.

Faster than me, I'm at ~1:35 for race pace but admittedly I'm still learning how to use the wheel. Probably would be faster with the controller as I've it pretty much nailed now, or at least I felt I had during our mini league.

Staab

Highlights uploading now, should be done in about 25minutes... Here it is !
I think I might just upload the .wav files from the banter instead of putting up those incriminating videos, haha !

China is great once you got it down

Thanks again for letting me race guys. It's been ages since I played and I definitely need to practice. Sorry if I got in the way at all. I did my best to move over whilst being lapped repeatedly!

FootballFan

Loved playing F1 2010, i didnt buy this game when it came out because of all the issues it seemed to have at lauch. Has the game been patched to an extent where its worth buying at this stage. Is online fine, any major glitches still present in the offline/online modes?

Mad_Ban

I was playing hard ball, and I won until 20m further down the straight when I braked and you didn't :-(

So, yes, I was! Got to remind you who is the number 1 driver at FI.

itsonnowchaps.jpg

AcridMeat

Banned
Fuckin' hell, watching the opening race and that highlight video made me excited to get back to it. Have a couple midterms Thursday but I should be good for Saturday. :)

Orgun

Fuckin' hell, watching the opening race and that highlight video made me excited to get back to it. Have a couple midterms Thursday but I should be good for Saturday. :)

Good!

Might have to put some practice on China this evening if anyone is up for it. I can't practice offline because the game crashes as soon as I leave the garage.

Lucius86

Banned
Good!

Might have to put some practice on China this evening if anyone is up for it. I can't practice offline because the game crashes as soon as I leave the garage.

I had the exact same issue. I found a fix on the CM forums somewhere... or perhaps I re-installed the game....

I brought this game over Christmas and really enjoyed it. I have been trying to play co-op with a friend but his internet is awful and won't let us connect and when he does he gets really bad lag on race days.

Any chance I could join you guys for a race? I am awful so will finish dead last don't worry :)

I brought this game over Christmas and really enjoyed it. I have been trying to play co-op with a friend but his internet is awful and won't let us connect and when he does he gets really bad lag on race days.

Any chance I could join you guys for a race? I am awful so will finish dead last don't worry :)

No! Last place is mine!
LLShC.gif

My computer shit the bed, so unless I get it fixed in the next few days, I might not be able to race! And I'm gone the weekend after! Dammit, I don't want to miss three races in a row!

Sure! What's your Steam/GFWL info? :)

I'm pretty sure there'll be a space for you and Gareth in nearly all our races. If some people don't show up for another two races in a row (Fixed because I'm not sure if he wants in and Stop It who has only been to like three races in total) I think it'd be fair to give permanent spots to both of you if either of you wanted them!

And I'm up for China practice tonight.

OH, and I only just asked Kyaw to knock up new tables, so no results post for a while. Sorry!

Sure! What's your Steam/GFWL info? :)

I'm pretty sure there'll be a space for you and Gareth in nearly all our races. If some people don't show up for another two races in a row (Fixed because I'm not sure if he wants in and Stop It who has only been to like three races in total) I think it'd be fair to give permanent spots to both of you if either of you wanted them!

I am PrematureQuiche on Steam and BigChelski on GFW....really need to change that but I hate having to pay 800 points!

Lach

I don't think we ever had to turn someone away because we were full did we?
Give the second Red Bull to one of the newbies, so you have someone to block you in the pits :)

Randdalf

Considering buying the 3DS version, it's only £10 at GAME... then again GAME might not exist by the week's end. It got some positive reviews and seems to be nearly identical gameplay-wise to the console versions.

Edit: scrap that, it's £10 on Amazon as well

Ok, jokes over. Ive not played online for a while but there's obviously still trickery going on. Is it still the 11/11 thing or what? I'm sick of playing this online, I just want the 35 wins achievement and get the hell out of the publics for good, my god what a mess.

Mad_Ban

Anyone up for some practice tonight? I'll keep trying to fix my mic so the echo stops (so annoying to hear it in soem of your vids :( )

I'm in! Need to check my connection to the game anyway :) what is a good PC wheel for about £100? I play a lot of the DiRT series and now with this I kind of want one haha.

Mad_Ban

I'm in! Need to check my connection to the game anyway :) what is a good PC wheel for about £100? I play a lot of the DiRT series and now with this I kind of want one haha.

Driving force GT is a great wheel. I got mine for about £40 and it's one of the better ones about, though not as hardcore as other ones like the G27.

I personally use a controller but a wheel is so much better for racing games.

kharma45

Best is probably the Logitech Driving Force GT.

I managed to nab a nearly new one on eBay for around £55, much less than they go for in shops and online.

I think most guys here use the Driving Force GT, it's what I was recommended anyway when I asked what to get.

Best is probably the Logitech Driving Force GT.

I managed to nab a nearly new one on eBay for around £55, much less than they go for in shops and online.

I think most guys here use the Driving Force GT, it's what I was recommended anyway when I asked what to get.

Driving force GT is a great wheel. I got mine for about £40 and it's one of the better ones about, though not as hardcore as other ones like the G27.

I personally use a controller but a wheel is so much better for racing games.

Cheers :) I normally play automatic but want to try manual when I get a wheel.

Edit - Here is me trying to go 5 Laps without spinning haha.

i6XexYRkXTYE5.png

iIHwYZhIm00HS.gif

It was a quiet return to the NeoGAF F1 2011 league last week in Malaysia as only half the grid turned up. Regardless of that, it was a close race with Crumbs, Lucius and Phleg setting the pace at the front of the pack. Their speed put the rest of the grid to shame as they swiftly pulled away and fought amongst themselves until the end of the race. Crumbs made up for recent racist and sexist comments in the media with a win for McLaren. Force India were not only pleased that Lucius and Phleg picked up points, but didn't come to blows due to their inflated egos.

The token Swede of the league was annoyed with defending champion Foliorum Viridium for much of the race, claiming he was pushing too hard and making too much contact. The champ, who had lackluster performance despite racing in a Red Bull for the first time, denied these claims over team radio but later acknowledged he was, in fact, driving like a spanner on a few corners when shown replays. Foliorum's former team mate, Speech, was also annoyed at the champion as he was spun by the Red Bull driver and lost several positions. "I didn't like him when he was my team mate and now I can call him out as a cunt" he told Lee McKenzie in the paddock.

Finally, due to a poor showing a new stand-in racer had his debut race in the league. Despite finding it hard to keep up the consistency, the grid were happy to welcome Kermad in to the race and rumours are he may take part in future races. Likewise, this weekend PrematureQuiche (which may or may not be his real name) has thrown his name in to the hat. Will these two drivers find their form over the season and start to rival the veterans?

iZx9Mc64Zi9bk.png

ibyEBLmgDkp54v.png

iMwMdIGwpqoBD.png

ibmhVPvyx9wWHr.png

Tomorrow:

iRBjxmUICMvRl.png

Sorry it's a bit late and whatnot - Kyaw has been busy! He's done great stuff as always and we'll try to keep to the old schedule now :)

Looking forward to the race!

kharma45

I should be grand for tomorrow, going to do some more practise with my wheel.

Might risk it for quali and if it goes tits up move back to the controller for the race.

Top Bottom