• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2017 announced for 25th August 2017 (PS4, XB1, PC)

Fox Mulder

Just bought a xbox digital code from Amazon and found out after it installed that it had a release date for 10/17 and wouldn't work.

They submitted a refund because the product page lists the correct date. I wanted to play this tonight though.

Tubie

Raikkonen and Bottas are fighting for 1st place in the drivers championship in this career I'm playing lol.

Vettel is actually 5th and Hamilton 6th... Spain GP is next.

So far I'm loving this game so much, the difficulty slider is such an incredible change from what I remember in F1 2012 (the last F1 game I played), because now I can actually find the sweet spot for my skill level and increase it as I get better at the game.

Randdalf

I found what works for me. Aside from lifting early and coasting into corners, you have to upshift early like crazy. Now I don't even fear this test anymore.

Do people here upshift when the meter is red? I always used to do it when it was full-up, but I recently learned that red is the optimal shift point not blue.

I'm kind of surprised so many logical issues made it through pre-release testing.

Scaled part wear, weird safety car instructions, race AI being much slower than practice/quali AI etc....
These aren't obscure issues or anything.

Nothing that breaks the game for me but I hope none of those end up on the "never patched" list
This honestly seems like the norm for codies F1 games and reason why I can't get launch day hype for them any longer.

Anshelm

Neo Member
Patch 1.05 was released yesterday for PS4, should be out today for PC.

Notes:

· A missing gear fault will always be fixed after swapping out a worn gearbox for a new one.
· Fixed a crash seen loading in to any Multiplayer session.
· Reduced the amount of gearbox and engine wear when playing 25% distance races.

Now I can play career mode again!

sam777

Just bought a xbox digital code from Amazon and found out after it installed that it had a release date for 10/17 and wouldn't work.

They submitted a refund because the product page lists the correct date. I wanted to play this tonight though.

Wrong thread I assume.

Fox Mulder

Wrong thread I assume.

nope.

bought f1 2017 digitally on amazon yesterday and got the code. redeemed on the xbox but it says it doesnt release until 10/17. Appears to be for the standard edition instead of the special edition. Amazon gave me a refund because they had no idea.

Now I'm talking with MS support because im not able to buy it from the xbox store either. fuck digital really.

sam777

nope.

bought f1 2017 digitally on amazon yesterday and got the code. redeemed on the xbox but it says it doesnt release until 10/17. Appears to be for the standard edition instead of the special edition. Amazon gave me a refund because they had no idea.

Now I'm talking with MS support because im not able to buy it from the xbox store either. fuck digital really.

Lucky you then.

Randdalf

The McLaren feels awful around Spain. I keep on losing the car in turns 2/3, 7/8, 11/12 when the change of direction occurs.

Zaru

It seems the AI are affected by bugged part wear too. I just reached Monaco and 2/3 of the grid had a penalty, probably from an early gearbox change.

Yen

Does the tyre wear patch kick in even when you've already started a save? I don't need to start a new career to feel the benefit? Might be a silly Q but I still have traumatic memories of old buggy Championship/Football Manager games that could be fixed by starting from scratch.

Megasoum

Banned
Does the tyre wear patch kick in even when you've already started a save? I don't need to start a new career to feel the benefit? Might be a silly Q but I still have traumatic memories of old buggy Championship/Football Manager games that could be fixed by starting from scratch.

You will see the benefits right away but it won't fix the broken parts you had already fucked previously.

Since I was only at Bahrein I decided to restart the career.... Starting to get tired of Australia lol.

Btw... Anybody else getting some serious hitching issues on PC? I have a very good and stable framerate 99% of the time but sometimes I wll get like 1-2 sec of massive drop right before entering a corner... This is really fucking annoying.

Zaru

Btw... Anybody else getting some serious hitching issues on PC? I have a very good and stable framerate 99% of the time but sometimes I wll get like 1-2 sec of massive drop right before entering a corner... This is really fucking annoying.
Same here. Hasn't happened during a crucial moment yet, so I don't mind too much, but it's definitely there.

Also, am I just that unlucky, or why did 3 out of 4 car upgrades so far fail? I need at least two races to earn enough points to add an upgrade, so this is really fucking frustrating.
Maybe having to spend 2 seasons on nothing but factory success reliability improvements might be ironically realistic but that takes well over 80 hours at my race length, just to get to a point where I can actually upgrade something...

Megasoum

Banned
I just finished the Qualification for the Chineese GP during my Career. I went out and did one fast lap. Started a second lap but missed the first turn so decided to switch from [4] MAX fuel mix to [1] LEAN fuel mix to try to save fuel and do a third lap but the fuel was still going down super quick while I was in LEAN mode just like if I was still in MAX mode and I ended up running out of fuel before the end of my third lap.

Certinty

So far definitely the best F1 game I've played but the screen tearing on the PS4 Pro is rather unacceptable.

stoke1863

I have been watching some videos on Youtube and this looks really good.

I have bought every version of the Codie F1 games but this time it's different....

I got VR... im finding it so hard to purchase a racing game without VR, Open wheel cars in VR is just sooooo amazing (Playing AC), im really struggling to go back to racing in 2d ever again.

whyyyyyyy Codemasters!!!! The VR in DiRT Rally is really great as well. :(

Fox Mulder

Same here. Hasn't happened during a crucial moment yet, so I don't mind too much, but it's definitely there.

Also, am I just that unlucky, or why did 3 out of 4 car upgrades so far fail? I need at least two races to earn enough points to add an upgrade, so this is really fucking frustrating.
Maybe having to spend 2 seasons on nothing but factory success reliability improvements might be ironically realistic but that takes well over 80 hours at my race length, just to get to a point where I can actually upgrade something...

People wanted R&D to be tougher. I only just got my first upgrade to stick by Monaco. The others failed or were gearbox reliability points.

I'm not even getting max points because I get beat by my team mate in qualifying and just can't get certain tasks purple until I upgrade or lower the difficulty. I rarely stay with my first team anyways.

Jezbollah

So, fyi - straight from "you couldn't make it up" file - Honda engine upgrades in F1 2017 are apparently bugged - CM are looking into the issue. Seriously.

Fox Mulder

Lol.

The first season is going to be rough regardless as you have to improve durability. I'm using my third PU and third gearbox by Baku.

Södy

Backmarker AI seems to be improved. They slow down and leave the racing line. Still had a not so good experience with Fernando yesterday. Took him in China on the long straight and he countered me in the hairpin because I had to leave the racing line in this case (was too far away initially).

Azzawon

Can you not change the AI difficulty during the career? It's all greyed out for me.

You can, but you have to grab it in the Options menu while loading up a session. You can't change it in the pause menu or in the team hospitality. Took me a while to figure that one out!

chadskin

You can, but you have to grab it in the Options menu while loading up a session. You can't change it in the pause menu or in the team hospitality. Took me a while to figure that one out!

Oof, okay, wouldn't have thought of this at all. Thanks!

So, how much of an improvement over 2016 is this?

I'm still halfway through my rookie season at Haas
I played more than 300 hours worth of Cody‘s F1 games, and 2017 is the biggest leap forward so far. I’m very impressed. The gameplay is very solid and the game is full of little QoL improvements. An example: the AI difficulty can now be set anywhere between 0 and 120. I always had the issue that every setting was either too hard or to easy. This fixed this completely.

Lach

really enjoying the game. monaco on the other hand not so hot

I arrived at monaco in my career. I just cannot complete a lap without having to use flashback at least once...
I also realized that is where I stopped playing last years game for that exact reason.

It’s all about practice and setup. I went to Monaco twice and the second time around I was very competitive. Granted, the first laps in the first season were not good to look at. But then again, the new tires alone changed the behaviour of the car massively and all my practice from the previous games became nullified.

Fox Mulder

It’s all about practice and setup. I went to Monaco twice and the second time around I was very competitive. Granted, the first laps in the first season were not good to look at. But then again, the new tires alone changed the behaviour of the car massively and all my practice from the previous games became nullified.

Just turning at the hairpin sucks now with a controller when it was fine last year really. But the cars are wider and career mode car upgrades will take some time to add on.

chadskin

Monaco was definitely not a whole lot of fun. Was a good opportunity to eat some engine and gearbox penalties, though!

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i really do suck at this game.

not enjoying it at all anymore so just uninstalled it. what a waste of money :( i think it's safe to say i won't be buying an F1 game again.

at least Forza 7 isn't far away now.

Fox Mulder

i really do suck at this game.

not enjoying it at all anymore so just uninstalled it. what a waste of money :( i think it's safe to say i won't be buying an F1 game again.

at least Forza 7 isn't far away now.

That's a shame. It's great if you like F1. Handles well, deep career mode, and the classic cars are so fucking fun.

I'm actually skipping Forza for now because I prefer career modes with actual races. Stuff like qualifying, flags, and strategies are just more fun to me.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
That's a shame. It's great if you like F1. Handles well, deep career mode, and the classic cars are so fucking fun.

I'm actually skipping Forza for now because I prefer career modes with actual races. Stuff like qualifying, flags, and strategies are just more fun to me.

the last one i played was 2010 and i loved it. i do enjoy racing but something just feels off about it. maybe it's more realistic/in depth which like you say i guess is good if you are really into F1. i just have idea what i'm doing so when it comes to actually driving i'm just trying to go as fast as i can but i am always falling behind and getting penalties.

i guess it's not for me :( maybe i need a more dumbed down kind of racing game.

Top Bottom