• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Episode 5: The Thirst Awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned

Misha

Banned
facebook is just too bloated for me at this point. its like for most websites and apps, if you keep programmers around long enough you need to keep coming up with things to justify paying them so you just throw on whatever garbage you think of

also I don't like people

Okay. It's about time. I'm bringing this back.

fOdUBMi.png

marrec

Banned
basically just another chat room, at least as far as I can tell. reminds me of IRC. I use it to correspond with the curators of the game engine I use

I used it like Skype for awhile, but soon used it as a group note taking platform, then a group design platform.

It has lots of interesting plug-ins available for design and publishing and organization as well.

Halcyon

I watch DC animated movies because they are like Anime without all the weird Japanese cultural shit.

I used to watch anime but it was limited to Cowboy Bebop, DBZ, Fist of the North Star, and Record of the Lodoss War

marrec

Banned
facebook is just too bloated for me at this point. its like for most websites and apps, if you keep programmers around long enough you need to keep coming up with things to justify paying them so you just throw on whatever garbage you think of

also I don't like people

People really are the worst.

Okay. It's about time. I'm bringing this back.

fOdUBMi.png

Anime really is the worst.

Seriously, when I think of my favorite animated shows the first Anime is like, #8 on my list.

FloatOn

I watch DC animated movies because they are like Anime without all the weird Japanese cultural shit.

I used to watch anime but it was limited to Cowboy Bebop, DBZ, Fist of the North Star, and Record of the Lodoss War

I liked that DC animated movie mask of the red hood

I got all excited when I heard the solo battfleck movie was going to be based on that

zeemumu

Flashpoint was great. Some of the most brutal animated representations of the DC heroes. Remember when Wonder Woman
killed all of those kids?

Anime is fine when it isn't marred by fan service, or flashbacks in the middle of the fucking fight (Naruto...)

Misha

Banned
People really are the worst.

The major problem—one of the major problems, for there are several—one of the many major problems with governing people is that of whom you get to do it; or rather of who manages to get people to let them do it to them.
To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.
To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.
To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem.

marrec

Banned
The major problem—one of the major problems, for there are several—one of the many major problems with governing people is that of whom you get to do it; or rather of who manages to get people to let them do it to them.
To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.
To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Douglas Adams is like Idiocracy for smart people.

So anime == people

Have you ever seen People and Anime in the same room together?

zeemumu

The thing about perfection, is it's unknowable. It's impossible but it's also right in front of us all the time. You wouldn't know that because I didn't when I created you. I'm sorry, Misha. I'm sorry...

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Not too bad, then. I've just started working at Three. The people I work with are sound, and the job itself is pretty good, but man, do you get some stupid people come in to the store,

It is bad, believe me. Salary is abysmal (I get 625 € each month - yes, grand total), working conditions are bad, customers are atrocious (several are nice though), 75% of coworkers are lazy brainless muppets or asslickers or both and store manager is lazy spying bastard. Only good thing is free fitness due to sheer amount of goods manipulation, but hello back pain / strained muscles.

And now they want to turn us into major fresh vegetable store. Without any infrastructure build yet. They are completely clueless and I need to bail out before shit will hit the fan.

Whaddup sis from another motha

Suits is amazing. I haven't watched it since the second season, but the characters mesh together so fucking well

Donna is an absolute boss. So powerful and sexy. And Rachel is drop dead gorgeous. The sexual tension between her and Mike in the beginning was unreal.

Ooooo the chemistry is so there between the two of them! I ship them tbh

Yeah Donna is my FAVE... It's just the way she 'struts her stuff' as some call it lol

Misha

Banned
The thing about perfection, is it's unknowable. It's impossible but it's also right in front of us all the time. You wouldn't know that because I didn't when I created you. I'm sorry, Misha. I'm sorry...

I had to go to therapy for that. thanks a lot :( :( :(

Jobbs

Banned
A while ago a teenage girl explained to me what "ship" means -- like in "I ship those two together". I felt like I'd never heard the expression before that, and now I hear it every day. Funny how that works.

marrec

Banned
A while ago a teenage girl explained to me what "ship" means -- like in "I ship those two together". I felt like I'd never heard the expression before that, and now I hear it every day. Funny how that works.

Unironically, I've been using Ship since Buffy.

Misha

Banned

have you heard of slashfics? :^)

marrec

Banned
I watched Buffy back in the day and I don't remember hearing them say this. Incidentally, while I remember liking the show, I am pretty sure it was actually awful

Nah, they never used it in the show, it was just a fandom thing.

The term probably existed before that, but I remember hearing of it while I was deep down in the Buffy fandom writing fanfics and shit.

Also, the show wasn't awful until S7.

zeemumu

I had to go to therapy for that. thanks a lot :( :( :(

You went into therapy for failing to create the perfect system?

I'm watching CinemaSins Everything Wrong with Sucker Punch. I'm pretty surprised that they didn't do this movie sooner. There's a lot to go through.

Also, Stick from Daredevil is in this movie?

marrec

Banned
I mainly watched buffy to gawk at sarah michelle gellar and lust after seeing lesbians kiss

You should rewatch it! It is, at times, amazing TV and most of the time very entertaining regardless of SMG's looks or the lesbian relationship.

The Body is still the best episode of TV I've watched.

FloatOn

You should rewatch it! It is, at times, amazing TV and most of the time very entertaining regardless of SMG's looks or the lesbian relationship.

I very rarely rewatch/replay anything

I'm kind of the belief that why waste time doing that when I could experience something new. life is too short blah blah blah

few exceptions:

I beat super mario world, mega man x, symphony of the night every few years.

If I'm hanging out with my dad and he has some old action movie on like predator I'll rewatch it with him. Also, I don't mind rewatching a good movie to show friends/girls if they haven't seen it.

marrec

Banned
I very rarely rewatch/replay anything

I'm kind of the belieft that why waste time doing that when I could experience something new. life is too short blah blah blah

Well, what I mean is, you didn't really seem to get much out of it on the original watch so re-watching it would be like seeing it for the first time!

Jobbs

Banned
Have you heard of waifu and husbandu?

unfortunately

its fanfiction where you put two people of the same gender together.

the weird part is the internet does it with real live people who are straight

also relevant:
tumblr_inline_nqut9dhqHo1qizd51_500.gif

Nah, they never used it in the show, it was just a fandom thing.

The term probably existed before that, but I remember hearing of it while I was deep down in the Buffy fandom writing fanfics and shit.

Also, the show wasn't awful until S7.

come to think of it I remember seeing X-Files fanfic back in the 90s. Mulder and Scully always hooked up

Jobbs

Banned
In Stencyl I have to go through a lot of bullshit to get sounds to sound different based on player distance. It's an effective trick but it takes work to set up and has limitations.

Wish I was smarter and/or Stencyl had built in features for this stuff

Incidentally, I ship Jobbs and Halcyon.

Has a kid, too much baggage for me

Halcyon

I googled bing so that I could bing a google search of the urban dictionary in an attempt to understand what ship means.

All I'm seeing are schooners.

My favorite ships are where both parties are alive and everyone is happy.

I googled bing so that I could bing a google search of the urban dictionary in an attempt to understand what ship means.

Shipping, initially derived from the word relationship, is the desire by fans for two or more people, either real-life people or fictional characters, to be in a relationship, romantic or otherwise. It is considered a general term for fans' emotional involvement with the ongoing development of a relationship in a work of fiction. Shipping often takes the form of creative works, including fanfiction and fan art, most often published on the internet.

...wait a minute

A ship that has been confirmed by its series and is true is called a canon ship. It is highly unlikely that the ship will sink, because it has already been acknowledged to be true. Canon is indeed a word as used in this context according to the Merriam-Webster 2014 school dictionary.

FUCK YOU WIKIPEDIA

Misha

Banned

its short for relationship. its "headcanoning" a relationship between two people (usually fictional)

and if you don't know what headcanon means, canon is the official interpretation of things and head canon is your own fantasy version

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Anime is like any other medium there is good and bad.

But I also legitimately like Queen's Blade, so my taste might be shit.

Jobbs

Banned
Ghibli is outstanding and technically anime, though it's probably not what most people are thinking of when they say anime sucks

Anime is like any other medium there is good and bad.

But I also legitimately like Queen's Blade, so my taste might be shit.

Is this the all female fighting tournament where their clothes fall off all the time (legitimately not sure why I know this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom