• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 - PS4 screenshots (now feat. PNGs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's old...I prefer this one from 2015:
16098931379_146758882f_o.jpg

Album
https://www.flickr.com/photos/javiercc/albums/72157631720926946

Good lord at that last one.

Oh shit...i should have edited my previous post.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
So let me get this straight, this dude has a console which can record in 720p, and he uses a potato instead...ok.

But... the game runs at 60fps on ps4, right? Please tell me it does.

I don't know if I can go back after MGS5.

Ah, I'll get it anyway. Just... considering how this game looks, 60fps shouldn't be a problem at all.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
But... the game runs at 60fps on ps4, right? Please tell me it does.

I don't know if I can go back after MGS5.

Ah, I'll get it anyway. Just... considering how this game looks, 60fps shouldn't be a problem at all.
It runs at 30fps.

I can't get over how ugly that HUD is.

Did F03 have decent HUD options on consoles (toggles for different parts of the HUD)? I can't remember.

Hmmm...didn't that other reviewer say the NPC's were better this time around? He said he only had seen different faces, no copies like we had in previous game. I think he said they looked better too. I didn't read it like you did, but that is a shame about the writing and quests.Cause i read did about improved A.I. That sounds really nice.

Im spanish so I read all the original info in ElOtroLado.
I was not talking about the graphic faces (that i dont really give a damn because that's the easier thing and the one that's going to be changed more quickly by modders), he clearly says everything from the dialogue system is super simplified, even more than Skyrim (the NPC answers are pretty meh with very few info given, lots of just asking you for help), the quests are pretty simple (he just found a better quest but the majority are really mediocre fetchquests), the factions he found more of the same (he doesnt compare them favourably to New Vegas) and that the dialogue "wheel" (more like a cross) is a failure (citing games like Mass Effect do the dialogue wheel much better).

Thats not only the usual mediocre Bethesda writting creeping out, its also talking about an important part of gameplay for an RPG like this, the dialogue system, that is pretty bad. They've seem to have simplified things for the worst.

Those PS4 screens look good. The tenth can't come soon enough. Can't wait for the leaked videos to start coming in. People were streaming Bloodborne weeks early.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Man, that lip sync stuff on the Vault-Tec spokesperson....I hope it's recording lag. Otherwise, we're in for some chop.

Also makes me curious as to what happens if you pick female, as (possible super early spoiler alert
He insinuates that you get vault access due to your service/being a veteran....though I suppose it could just be 'your husband's service' instead, that seems kinda like a copout, in addition to pushing pretty hard against the traditional blank slate

GavinUK86

I can't get over how ugly that HUD is.

Did F03 have decent HUD options on consoles (toggles for different parts of the HUD)? I can't remember.

The FO3/NV UI was ugly as shit, this is waaaay better. I'm impressed how they've taken the previous games and just improved pretty much everything.

The FO3/NV UI was ugly as shit, this is waaaay better. I'm impressed how they've taken the previous games and just improved pretty much everything.

The font is basic and blocky, and the HUD elements look like they were created in five seconds using MS paint. And I hate the colour. It all sticks out like a sore thumb and doesn't mesh with the game at all.

Grumpy-old-man-19577484.jpg

Im spanish so I read all the original info in ElOtroLado.
I was not talking about the graphic faces (that i dont really give a damn because that's the easier thing and the one that's going to be changed more quickly by modders), he clearly says everything from the dialogue system is super simplified, even more than Skyrim (the NPC answers are pretty meh with very few info given, lots of just asking you for help), the quests are pretty simple (he just found a better quest but the majority are really mediocre fetchquests), the factions he found more of the same (he doesnt compare them favourably to New Vegas) and that the dialogue "wheel" (more like a cross) is a failure (citing games like Mass Effect do the dialogue wheel much better).

Thats not only the usual mediocre Bethesda writting creeping out, its also talking about an important part of gameplay for an RPG like this, the dialogue system, that is pretty bad. They've seem to have simplified things for the worst.

Well....damn. I wonder why they would even do this. It absolutely did not need to be simplified. And what the hell....majority are fetch quests? Even Skyrim and Fallout 3 had plenty of nice quets, not just fetch stuff.

How does the Xbox One video look? I rather not watch it, but i'd like to know if it looks nice enough.

ymgve

Well....damn. I wonder why they would even do this. It absolutely did not need to be simplified.

How does the Xbox One video look? I rather not watch it, but i'd like to know if it looks nice enough.

It looks as you'd expect. Sadly, no shadows on anything in your house, probably because you're technically in part of the world space and the sun is the only thing there that can cast shadows.

It looks as you'd expect. Sadly, no shadows on anything in your house, probably because you're technically in part of the world space and the sun is the only thing there that can cast shadows.

That;s a shame. Didn't the reveal trailer have shadows there?

Ah well, it's clearly one of the more uglier parts. Shinobi's screenshots showed it can look damn nice too.

Juxo

Those videos are down already, gonna be long 9 days for Bethesda

I'd imagine they'll be kept very busy indeed.

Haven't been this obsessed with getting my hands on a game in quite some time. Kinda disappointed in my lack of restraint, because I've literally been scouring the internet on a daily basis for any kernel of info I can find.

And to think, we'll probably be bored of it all in 3-4 months.

Yeah, right...

Looked pretty much exactly the same

Thanks man.

Spoilers obviously.

Example of a mission in Fallout 4 and some open world gameplay. Bad quality, but do you notice framedrops? This is BEFORE the day one patch, mind you. (Hurry before Zenimax strikes the ban hammer!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoV7X9B35Xs

Not watching this at all. Just hoping BGS did work a little on the quests. I really liked most quests in Fallout 3 and NV, but i do hope to see some improvement in those. I definitely expect plenty of fetch quests though, like Skyrim's radiant quests or whatever it was called.

Spoilers obviously.

Example of a mission in Fallout 4 and some open world gameplay. Bad quality, but do you notice framedrops? This is BEFORE the day one patch, mind you. (Hurry before Zenimax strikes the ban hammer!)

Third person still looks really bad... First person as usual then.

I'd say third person looks a lot better than it used to at the very least. I could see myself playing that way every now and then.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Spoilers obviously.

Third person still looks really bad... First person as usual then.
Oof, shadow draw distance is very close indeed. Distractingly obvious on the side of buildings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom