• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 - PS4 screenshots (now feat. PNGs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacyzero

Banned
Bethesda HQ:

FYnBhA9.gif

Ahahahahah

wrens

Neo Member
"You're carrying too much and can't run!"

Suppose I can still look forward to seeing that message pop up all too often. Damn my hoarding tendencies.

Honestly, the only 'big' story spoiler (that I've seen) was on the Instagram account.

Everything else has been pretty mild...if not especially flattering at points. The youtube two-part 'opener' was spoiler-ish, but not anywhere near as bad as the instagram.
Trust me, it ain't about being "spoilery" simply in terms of anything story related, it's any actual footage. Studios and publishers scramble at any sign of leaked video footage because they want the experience to be fresh no matter what, regardless of its contents. They don't want that out there. I know Bethesda is especially hardcore on that front.

Yeah. The controls look much tighter and the gunplay looks much improved. Oh man, VATS is too good, this game is going to be frickin awesome.

Lren

Those screenshots look pretty great, absolutely love those shadows and lighting. Only a week left till release and the hype finally hit me.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
A link to this, please?

A link to what?

There have been various confirmations, and every bit of leaked footage shows it. Weapons just have consistent conditions now.

By the way, are there ground rules to what we can talk about and what we can't? I don't want to violate anything.

Adaren

Those screenshots look pretty great, absolutely love those shadows and lighting. Only a week left till release and the hype finally hit me.

Is this sarcasm?

QEmJPaG.png

Seriously, I hope the game is great and all, but I struggle to see how anyone can look at these screenshots and say that it looks on par with current gen games or significantly better than Fallout 3. Bethesda dropped the ball hard with the graphics; here's to hoping that that doesn't reflect on the quality of the rest of the game.

Kallor

The videos aren't doing it any favors. It really is pretty ugly. Thankfully it has a great art direction at least.

But I couldn't care less, its all about that big open world and mods for me on pc.

silva1991

A link to what?

There have been various confirmations, and every bit of leaked footage shows it. Weapons just have consistent conditions now.

By the way, are there ground rules to what we can talk about and what we can't? I don't want to violate anything.

Weapons don't have durability? that's good news for me.

hopefully they ditched radiation or whatever that stats was called.

Is this sarcasm?

QEmJPaG.png

Seriously, I hope the game is great and all, but I struggle to see how anyone can look at these screenshots and say that it looks on par with current gen games or significantly better than Fallout 3. Bethesda dropped the ball hard with the graphics; here's to hoping that that doesn't reflect on the quality of the rest of the game.

But it does look significantly better than any previous Bethesda game.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Is this sarcasm?

QEmJPaG.png

Show us your CONSOLE footage of Fallout 3 that looks better than this CONSOLE footage of Fallout 4.

That interface is so ugly. I hope we can change the color or it at least.

I'm so glad I'll play this on PC.

HUD has a full RGB slider.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Is this sarcasm?

QEmJPaG.png

It does look significantly better than Fallout 3..
I'm playing New Vegas right now and it's bad (visually).

Is this sarcasm?

QEmJPaG.png

How is the shot bad? It looks a million times better than Witcher 3 night time. Its far more interesting compared to the bland copy pasta grass tree filled empty space in Witcher 3.

gkVb8oe.png

mitchlol

Serious question GAF, what advantages does something like Fallout 4 have over Borderlands 2? I never played Fallout and only an hour of borderlands but watching some of the leaked videos it looks like borderlands is a more competent shooter. Although the RPG mechanics are not as prevalent they both appear to have a rich story, lots of side quests. What is the actual draw of fallout 4 if everyone agrees that shoddy animation and gun mechanics get a pass? Is this like a bioshock situation where gameplay is taking a back seat to story? Is it a combination of the size/scope of the game as well as the story that is making people want to play it so badly?

KevinG

Can someone sum up for me if the Xbox One version is out there too? Running as well as on PS4?

Search function is terrible on mobile.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Serious question GAF, what advantages does something like Fallout 4 have over Borderlands 2? I never played Fallout and only an hour of borderlands but watching some of the leaked videos it looks like borderlands is a more competent shooter. Although the RPG mechanics are not as prevalent they both appear to have a rich story, lots of side quests. What is the actual draw of fallout 4 if everyone agrees that shoddy animation and gun mechanics get a pass? Is this like a bioshock situation where gameplay is taking a back seat to story? Is it a combination of the size/scope of the game as well as the story that is making people want to play it so badly?

The scavenging, looting, and character customization are leagues better in fallout.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
To be honest I worry much more about bugs/crashes than the graphics.

I mean, I know PS4 is a whole different ballpark than PS3, so *maybe* those horror PS3 Skyrim/Fallout stories won't be repeated again but ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh........

Borderlands is diablo with guns, fallout is skyrim with guns. Pretty much fallout is an RPG and Borderlands is a FPS.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Still nothing from the PC version?

At this point it's clear that all video release from Bethesda has been from the PC build. The "22 Minutes of Fallout 4" compilation video on YouTube is a good indication of what the game should look like on PC (just at 30FPS).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom