• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 - PS4 screenshots (now feat. PNGs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

Spoilers obviously.

Example of a mission in Fallout 4 and some open world gameplay. Bad quality, but do you notice framedrops? This is BEFORE the day one patch, mind you. (Hurry before Zenimax strikes the ban hammer!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoV7X9B35Xs

Third person still looks really bad... First person as usual then.

I quite love it that loot window pops up contextually, no need to open containers one by one. Just move aim point from one to another while quickly picking up what you need.

Spoilers obviously.

Example of a mission in Fallout 4 and some open world gameplay. Bad quality, but do you notice framedrops? This is BEFORE the day one patch, mind you. (Hurry before Zenimax strikes the ban hammer!)

Got stuck pretty fast haha. I hope the day 1 patch fixes some of the slowdown/drops.

doofy102

Spoilers obviously.

Honestly... first person looks really bad, too. The combat/death animations look like Fallout 3. Enemies still don't react when being hit with bullets/lasers; a super mutant stood entirely rigid and animation-less as laser effects exploded on his fucking face like he was just a stationary 3D avatar for his depleting health bar. A VATS kill had a big blood spurt effect clip really badly into the corpse it was projecting out of which also didn't seem to be affected by other visual effects, like smoke, so its colour stood out really badly. It looks so unpolished.

The gunplay looks much better now, I never really had much of a problem with it before, so this is just icing on the cake.

The sound design is just wonderful as well, the laser rifle sounds so good.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Shame that video is goner so no looking at perk tree for me :(

Edit: Reupload of 2nd video: https://vid.me/Qqh2

That dog gives no fucks.

Md1TTKN.gif

Anthemios

Neo Member
Spoilers obviously.

This isn't just bad quality video, the graphics are terrible. Looks like the same conservative lighting design as Skyrim (most lights don't cast shadows, one or two lights per room) plus horrible textures (the low res normals are particularly awful given the prevalence of metallic objects). What's really sad is that the performance overhead for rendering a tiny interior cell is practically nothing in Gamebryo, yet Bethesda just wasted the opportunity by adhering to some bare minimum for visual fidelity.

I'm calling it now: PC version will have the same bs shadow rendering as in Skyrim (i.e. shadow resolution and draw distance are inversely proportional).

KorrZ

Watched 45 seconds of the video and stopped myself. This is the one time going into a hugely anticipated release that I feel like I haven't seen much of the game at all and I need to keep it that way!

Just over 1 week left....

Oh god. I told myself not to watch anything but I can't help. Gonna do an explosive character build for my first go and good to know that perk lets you create them.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Bethesda HQ:

FYnBhA9.gif

Honestly, the only 'big' story spoiler (that I've seen) was on the Instagram account.

Everything else has been pretty mild...if not especially flattering at points. The youtube two-part 'opener' was spoiler-ish, but not anywhere near as bad as the instagram.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Guys.

I want to watch these but I shouldn't. This is my most anticipated game of all time and I am spoiling it for myself. ;__;

Please. Help me.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Guys.

I want to watch these but I shouldn't. This is my most anticipated game of all time and I am spoiling it for myself. ;__;

Please. Help me.

The combat vid (if you can get past the jank) is pretty hype without being super spoilery, I'd say.

Or at the very least, the perk chart would help you get a better idea on your build.

Guys.

Please. Help me.

They really aren't that bad. Its just a bunch of super mutants talking shit to you.

Don't go to the Instagram page though, those are massive story spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom