• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu - 3/13

Meesh

manueldelalas said:
The average person is one that generally has an SD TV or has an HDTV but don't know how to put an HDMI cable so he is playing games in SD thinking they are on HD (some gaffers have that problem...)

Also he is a gamer that plays mainly Pro Evolution Soccer, Madden, Guitar Hero, Rockband, Halo 3, Call of Duty 4 and/or GTA4 (also L4D is getting pretty popular).

Does that person see a big difference between Halo 2 and 3? I don't think so (remember, SD)
In PES, Madden or Guitar Hero? Little difference.

He will notice the change in GTA4 and COD4 for sure.

So in general he is not seeing a big upgrade. Even if he did put an HDMI cable; in popular games like Madden, PES and Guitar Hero the difference is minimal.

So I think the average person is not getting a big graphical upgrade. That's why nobody has a problem playing games on the Wii.

You know, I gotta agree with Amirox here...

I'm as average as humanly possible, just check my average posts, and I have to completely disagree with you

I think Capcom decided which horses to bet on before this generation ever started and reality isn't going to deter them from following their arbitrary game plan to the bitter end.

Enough with the fucking ports and rail shooters. Just give me Maximo 3 already, you twats. Is that so much to ask?

justchris

Dragona Akehi said:
I love lightgun games. I am absolutely ecstatic they're getting a new lease on life with the Wii. I have every lightgun game available for it, except the new HOTD, which I'll be getting shortly.

UC wasn't a good lightgun game.

I don't generally like lightgun games, but my friend who loves them forced me to play through HOTD: Overkill with him last weekend. I may have to reassess my opinion on the genre.

yoopoo

Banned
Lightning said:
Capcom are many things (like Crapcom) but definitely not awesome. DMC4 was such a fucking disappointment, I hate Capcom for that.
Oh man DMC4 had the worst level design of all time :x

I'm quite down with RE:UC2. After what I've played of RE5, I don't want any more "real" RE games from the knobs left on that team. Another lightgun shooter steeped in mythology seems within their reach, particularly if they shoot for HOTD:Overkill, though it will definitely take a major overhaul after the first UC. I was dreading the thought of a REmake 2.

justchris

bluemax said:
My mother happens to like Layton. My dad asked me for more games like Layton so I had him get my mom Hotel Dusk.

......do you hate the idea of your parents having sex or something? Cause there's no way he's getting any after that.

pgtl_10

Amir0x said:
Nope, there's a totally awesome "real" (as opposed to Umbrella Chronicles which is "fake"? :lol) Resident Evil that just came out though. Too bad you're too busy whining about not getting it on Wii to get a job and pay less-than-you-did-for-Wii to get a 360.

Oh i forgot WII CONTROLS ARRGH CANNOT PLAY WITH THOSE OTHER CONTROLS *reads from Ninty PR script*

So wanting motion controls in a game makes you Nintendo's lackie yet working overtime to buy another console doesn't?

Your last two sentences contradict each other.

Flying_Phoenix said:
Would everyone can it on the RE talk there's probably another resurrected series hitting the Wii. Come on more info.

As previously mentioned, it's a total crap remake. The PS2/GC remake from a few years back looks much better.

GCX

I thought Layton was supposed to be a trilogy. It's no surprise they want to keep making more though (and I'm not complaining).

lyre

Allan Holdsworth said:
Just give me Mega Man Zero 5 for DS.
Then they won't be able to shoehorn Zero's shitty friends forms if they did that.

Also, it'll be better to have it as a downloadable title
(I can record gameplay that way)

And even by some miracle they did, it'll probably be underwhelming like MM9 was.

matmanx1 said:
Way the heck TOO much talk about Resident Evil in this thread and not enough talk about Gust moving to the PS3. Gust isnt known for large budgets or high production values so I'm intrigued as to what their first HD effort is going to look like. Here's hoping for some new HD quality sprites at least, eh?

Still, any RPG love for the PS3 is good RPG love and I've enjoyed most of the other Gust titles I've played. I cant wait to see this one.

I agree with this, this is encouraging news for PS3 owners, any word on when the game will be out?

neo2046 said:
1 page of scan is up
gun shooting, 1~2 players
2, Lagoon City, Leon, Claire

:lol

Yeah, I see it. Renders of Leon and Claire in their RE2 uniform, date of the RE2 scenario is shown, what looks like police and civilian zombies on the streets.

icecream

Public Health Threat
AranhaHunter said:
I agree with this, this is encouraging news for PS3 owners, any word on when the game will be out?
We'll find out when the next issue of Dengeki Playstation comes out, on the 27th (unless Famitsu reveals it first).

14mwabl.png

rykomatsu

AranhaHunter said:

There were 2 cryptic blog entries from 2 VAs who have been rather heavily involved with GUST at the end of Feb in regards to coming back from the recording studio for a "wonderful game (series)". Granted, there's nothing specific stated, at that time I thought they might be alluding to Ar Tonelico 3 or some GUST title (from the various entries i've read, they've only posted about games related to GUST in one way or another). If this is what they were alluding to, one of them mentioned winter 09 as a release period...

Amir0x said:
fascinating

It's absolutely true. The difference between RE4 and RE5 is readily visible to hard core GAFers (ie gamers who care enough to follow gaming news and argue about it) but not to the average person or gamer. I have a Wii and a 360, my wife always has to ask me which one I'm playing. She was even crazy enough to think Mario Galaxy looked better than Gears of War, because the latter was "just brown and gray."

Incredibly, not everyone is exactly like you.

rykomatsu said:
There were 2 cryptic blog entries from 2 VAs who have been rather heavily involved with GUST at the end of Feb in regards to coming back from the recording studio for a "wonderful game (series)". Granted, there's nothing specific stated, at that time I thought they might be alluding to Ar Tonelico 3 or some GUST title (from the various entries i've read, they've only posted about games related to GUST in one way or another). If this is what they were alluding to, one of them mentioned winter 09 as a release period...

Interesting, I wonder if this is encouraging enough for PS3 owners hoping for Ar Tonelico 3.

Verano said:
This has to be the most retarded post ever as of today.

Only because you're coming from an extremely narrow point of view that can't conceive of any others. Somewhere out there there's a car enthusiast who can't believe you can't tell the difference between this brand of muffler and that one.

But this generation proves that "retarded" post is dead right. The Wii, portables and games like Guitar Hero are dominating... all of which don't depend on high-end HD graphics.

How? Because the average person CANNOT TELL THE MOTHERFUCKING DIFFERENCE.

It's a fact.

Chemo

...what the fuck. I just saw that Professor Layton ad, at 1:15AM CST, on TNT.

Maybe we will get the second one?

Evilink said:
You know, I gotta agree with Amirox here...

I'm as average as humanly possible, just check my average posts, and I have to completely disagree with you

The fact that you're on GAF, conversing about games, means you're not the average gamer. You're an enthusiast, you care enough to notice the little things. The other 80% of gamers in the world do not. That's why more than half of them are still playing on SDTVs (according to the last stats I saw).

mutsu

So there is a 4th Layton... I am currently playing Layton 3. I always thought the 最後の in the title means the game will be the last :p I guess the series is just selling too well.

duckroll

David H Wong said:
The fact that you're on GAF, conversing about games, means you're not the average gamer. You're an enthusiast, you care enough to notice the little things. The other 80% of gamers in the world do not. That's why more than half of them are still playing on SDTVs (according to the last stats I saw).

This is not about the "little things" at all. We are not discussing HD or SD here, but just how good a game looks. Will an average person see an upgrade from RE4 to RE5? Absolutely. It doesn't matter if he's playing on a SDTV with composite cables or not, because the difference is obvious. While gamers don't MIND playing games that look worse, to say they cannot tell the difference is pretty insulting. That would be like saying the average movie goer cannot tell the improvements that Pixar has been making to their movies over the years. It's very clearly visible.

If gamers are that blind and stupid, then there would be no reason why the Wii versions of Call of Duty are selling less than the 360 versions. Now the average gamer that ONLY plays Guitar Hero, might not care about the improvements from RE4 to RE5, but are you seriously telling me that you believe that the average person who actually BUYS AND PLAYS RE cannot tell the difference between RE4 and RE5? Gimme a break.

Spike

David H Wong said:
It's absolutely true. The difference between RE4 and RE5 is readily visible to hard core GAFers (ie gamers who care enough to follow gaming news and argue about it) but not to the average person or gamer. I have a Wii and a 360, my wife always has to ask me which one I'm playing. She was even crazy enough to think Mario Galaxy looked better than Gears of War, because the latter was "just brown and gray."

Incredibly, not everyone is exactly like you.

She's not crazy...

cvxfreak

I find it interesting that despite being a sequel, Biohazard Darkside Chronicles not only has a different name, but also a new logo. The first game's Japanese logo was all katakana, and I remember an interview mentioning that they did this to distinguish the game from others in the series (or something to that effect). Now they've reverted to a version of the classic logo.

Looks like Capcom is going to really make this one stand out more than File 2 did.

donny2112

cvxfreak said:
Now they've reverted to a version of the classic logo.

Looks like Capcom is going to really make this one stand out more than File 2 did.

So it looks like they're bringing the UC line more "into the family" so to speak?

AranhaHunter said:

Has preferences different than yours?

Link

The Autumn Wind
GrotesqueBeauty said:
I think third parties decided which horses to bet on before this generation ever started and reality isn't going to deter them from following their arbitrary game plan to the bitter end.
Fixed.

Top Bottom