• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasia: Music Evolved Announced (Disney/Harmonix, 360/XBO, Kinect, 2014)

Like, it's almost tragic how little this game has anything to do with Fantasia. At all. This feels more blasphemous than Kinect Star Wars did. :(

Disney rolling in his cryogenic freezer.

I am so sending Chernabog to mess up Harmonix...

tumblr_m2ynrsvLmP1rof1tlo1_500.gif

Some of you guys are the worst. The game looks interesting I suppose. I don't have a Kinect with my 360 so I probably won't be able to mess around with a game like this until I have an Xbox One.

Some of you guys haven't fucking watched Fantasia I take it.

Chucker

I really like Fantasia, even have a rad Chernabog football jersey from Disney World, was excited until I saw that trailer. :( top 40 is not Fantasia

Gonna play devil's advocate here: for all those who are calling this the downfall of Harmonix/how far they have fallen - If they had just announced/showed off RB4/DC4, would you have cared/shown up (because sure as hell you didn't for RB3/DC3)

DaBuddaDa

Gonna play devil's advocate here: for all those who are calling this the downfall of Harmonix/how far they have fallen - If they had just announced/showed off RB4/DC4, would you have cared/shown up (because sure as hell you didn't for RB3/DC3)

I see this more like Harmonix's "Once Upon a Monster."

This is like if in Beatles Rock Band it just had a bunch of covers of Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band by One Direction. Or like... songs that weren't the Beatles at all.

I guess that's good.....but not in the way of saying this looks good.

Whether it's one of the 15 is totally not clear.

To be fair, I'm yet to see any Microsoft rep say they're all Microsoft published. On the stage Phil Spencer said 15 exclusives.

Nothing specific. I suspect this AAA development counts.

If not, it's weird they didn't say 16 exclusives. If you see what I'm saying. Lots of people are going to discount all the Kinect games they see, becuase they don't want them.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
This isn't Fantasia. Fantasia has always been a wonderful foray into the timeless classical pieces married beautifully with enchanting imagery that embraces all different styles. This is some hopped-up dubstep tie-in with that live-action movie from a while back using flaky technology and ugly, uninspired 3D throughout.

XBox One just doesn't know when to stop destroying everything I love, does it? :mad:

Daedardus

Is it published by Microsoft? No.

Is it only on Xbox One? No.

Am I sure it's not one of the 15 Xbox One first party published exclusives? Yes.

I doubt they will have 15 self-made games. I can easily see this as being one of the 15. It's not only for the Xbox One, but it won't come to the PS4 either.

Sendou

Music evolved... Yeah right.

Not to say this couldn't have potential but I'm having hard time seeing it right now.

Satchel

Banned
This could be awesome or horrible.

I see no in between. But Dance Central is amazing and I hear good things about Rockband so I'll assume the best.

This is like if in Beatles Rock Band it just had a bunch of covers of Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band by One Direction. Or like... songs that weren't the Beatles at all.
I completely get that as a proper criticism. I'm seeing a lot of "oh fuck it's kinect i have to hate it now" shit, that's all.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

At this point I don't really care for much for much of what they're doing because they haven't really made anything interesting of note in a while.

Linkified

I am so sending Chernabog to mess up Harmonix...

Some of you guys haven't fucking watched Fantasia I take it.

Some people at Disney had since they cancelled "Fantasia III" in 2006 and "Fantasia 2000" wasn't that hot... game will still probably sell like crazy. I'm also glad MS is not publishing it.

espher

Definitely needs a live demo. I can see potential but I need to see proof that potential has been realized.

Also still don't know why there's a Fantasia brand on it with what we know of the game.

Also at least they picked the Bruno Mars song that sounds like it could be a Police song so I can't hate it as much.

Top Bottom