• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

Cagey

Banned
Thank you based Mathew Berry for telling me to use a mid round pick on Hunt, he's my RB2(RB1 is David Johnson) , and he nearly got 50 points.

Greg Cosell's been telling you about him as a bona fide star-in-the-making since like February.

Ptaaty

I got him in every league I play in and felt like shit after that fumble.. But redeemed now.

I got Hunt in all three of mine - I could quote myself from earlier...but I couldn't have been anymore "all in" on Hunt. My first draft I even picked him up mid-late round before Ware news broke.

Pushed him hard with friends not in the same leagues as me. Getting those texts now. Just an unreal / record type debut. Yeah - when Hightower went down, the Pats D shattered...but Hunt did great work factoring in receiving between the 20s, goal like receiving TDs....and the goal line back.

Can't believe I picked Hunt up off the wire with no competition... Best flex I've had in a long time

So glad everyone in this thread convinced me he was the real deal

I played Hunt in two leagues including the one with the biggest pay out which happened to have me facing Brady, Gronk, and Gostowski tonight. Hunt damn near doubled their scores combined... My opponent is fucked this week. <==================3

A shame that I didn't snag him in my Dynasty draft but considering I got the steal of the draft, Zeke at 7 thanks to my league foolishly being short sided and I snagged Mcaffrey on top of that...I think I'll be just fine at RB going forward in that league. Granted, Mc hasn't played a snap yet but pretty confident that kid will be a stud in time.

Football is back, baby and it's a great start to the season for me! Although the only thing that truly matters this week is that my Cards beat the Lions and remain healthy in the process. Go Cards! Go my FF teams!

Can't believe I picked Hunt up off the wire with no competition... Best flex I've had in a long time

So glad everyone in this thread convinced me he was the real deal

A lot of people don't pay attention to rookies. I'm able to abuse it in my work league each year. There's two new guys however that actually are familiar with them so sadly, didn't claim all the guys on my list.

Boogs31

Well that couldn't have gone worse for my team injury wise. Amendola appeared to be a late round steal at wide receiver but looks like he got a concussion. The Patriots defense looks awful especially if Hightower's knee injury is serious. Great start.

VoxPop

Kareem The Dream just made 2 of my 3 teams legit af. Best $36 in auction dollars I've ever spent. Hoping he can put up RB1 numbers the rest of the way. Also have Tyreek in one. Great night of fantasy especially going against Brady and Gronk.

tmtyf

Need a TE due to miami's game cancelling. Who should I drop for fleener (best choice I can get atm). I have the following on bench:

Ajayi
Crowder
R Kelley
T west
M forte
R Matthews
K white

Darkman M

A lot of people don't pay attention to rookies. I'm able to abuse it in my work league each year. There's two new guys however that actually are familiar with them so sadly, didn't claim all the guys on my list.

Guys must not do mock drafts or read any articles, this dude literally started going in the late 2nd late early third in every mock I did once ware went down.

38 i left on the bench tonight. Didn't want to go with Hill, Hunt and Kelce on the first week. But used Hogan instead. What a waste

VoxPop

Need a TE due to miami's game cancelling. Who should I drop for fleener (best choice I can get atm). I have the following on bench:

Ajayi
Crowder
R Kelley
T west
M forte
R Matthews
K white

I would just play without a TE this week. But if you must I'd drop Terrance West.

Guys must not do mock drafts or read any articles, this dude literally started going in the late 2nd late early third in every mock I did once ware went down.
I got lucky with the timing: we already drafted, and waivers cleared during the whole 'Ware may be out 2-8 weeks' phase. I was the Ware owner, so I was more looking to use Hunt until Ware came back at that time

UberTag

Ajayi
Crowder
R Kelley
T west
M forte
R Matthews
K white
Don't drop anyone... unless it's your kicker.

Play one position light this week... and IF you're desperate for points because your matchup is close and you do drop your kicker, you can pick up one of 4 kickers that play on Monday night to get some extra points and you'll have a game in the books for most of your bench to assess who you want to keep long-term.

I can't imagine too many people drafted Kai Forbath or Younghoe Koo.

jfkgoblue

I got him late 3rd in a 13 team draft Wednesday night

Edit: nvm he was the 28th overall pick- early third.

Kareem Hunt, I fucking love you.

Thought I had reached for grabbing him in Round 2 of the No Quitters League (16 team league), especially after grabbing Devonta Freeman in the first.

Jarnet87

Ajayi
Crowder
R Kelley
T west
M forte
R Matthews
K white

White or Forte

I played Rex Burkhead over Mixon trying to get tricky in the league where I had to move Odell to the flex and missing Quizz with the bye. The good news is I played against Hunt and Gillislee so there is no combination of players that would save me lol. I will try and hold on to him for another week or 2 but it's so hard to roster any of those backs except for the 1 yard TD man

I played Gillislee, thankfully. Blount's consistent scores helped me nab league champion last year and I'm counting on Gillislee to do the same. He was a little rough around the edges at times but fits the NE scheme so well. I'll probably play him at flex every week...

PillarEN

A person in my league has Hunt and Gillislee. Sadly (relatively speaking) they only started Hunt from those 2. I think he'll be fine though lol.

McBryBry

Started Smith and Hill in my PPR money league. I think I'm a Chiefs fan now.

Brady didn't do me too well in my league with friends. I'm still trying to decide which matters more, the money league or the friends league with a championship belt.

At least I didn't play anyone who had Hunt this week. Holy mother of God. But I did manage to sit Smith in my 2QB league only for him to put up 45 points.

Need some advice!

Someone in my league is offering me Eli Manning in exchange for Alex Smith. Is this a good trade? I know Alex Smith had a great performance last night but is there any indication he'll be able to keep it up?

My other QB is Matt Ryan (who I'm super worried about) if that makes a difference

Need some advice!

Someone in my league is offering me Eli Manning in exchange for Alex Smith. Is this a good trade? I know Alex Smith had a great performance last night but is there any indication he'll be able to keep it up?

My other QB is Matt Ryan (who I'm super worried about) if that makes a difference
I wouldn't be worried about Ryan. Eli's line sucks and Odell could be hampered a bit by his leg issue. I think you could try to hold out a little bit more if you want to try to come up off that buzz from his performance. Play up that Odell injury concern and the buzz from Smith and how he has Tyreek Hill and now a possible star in Hunt.

But overall, I would probably take it personally if he just wants to do it straight up.

Schattenjäger;248289299 said:
Ugh Pats D - fuck

Anyone have any sleeper D they can suggest?

Thinking Jacksonville D now

Yeah I'm thinking I gotta cut bait on Pats D

Jaguars seem intriguing
If the Jags can keep them off the field with Fournette, they could be good still which was their Achilles heel last year, they never got a chance to breathe because of Bort.

It is concerning that Smith of all people shredded that defense and it wasn't like the chiefs have the WR corp that the Falcons have when we last saw them (ignoring the final result from the Owl last year). I think you can hold them if you want for one more week, but I would keep an eye on it.

ZOONAMI

Forte is completely expendable imo. Powell gonna be the back. Forte will just have some change of pace passing plays, and will probably just be a decoy more often than not.

ZOONAMI

I wouldn't be worried about Ryan. Eli's line sucks and Odell could be hampered a bit by his leg issue. I think you could try to hold out a little bit more if you want to try to come up off that buzz from his performance. Play up that Odell injury concern and the buzz from Smith and how he has Tyreek Hill and now a possible star in Hunt.

But overall, I would probably take it personally if he just wants to do it straight up.

If the Jags can keep them off the field with Fournette, they could be good still which was their Achilles heel last year, they never got a chance to breathe because of Bort.

It is concerning that Smith of all people shredded that defense and it wasn't like the chiefs have the WR corp that the Falcons have when we last saw them (ignoring the final result from the Owl last year). I think you can hold them if you want for one more week, but I would keep an eye on it.

Smith looked great, way more confident than usual. Could be a top 10 QB this year, maybe even scratching top 5.

jfkgoblue

Smith looked great, way more confident than usual. Could be a top 10 QB this year, maybe even scratching top 5.
Top ten is possible, but still unlikely, no way he cracks top 5. At this point, Alex Smith is Alex Smith, one game doesn't change that.

Cappa

Banned
Wonder why he fell to the third round

poor 40 time at the combine.

no. lol

Schattenjäger;248289299 said:
Ugh Pats D - fuck

Anyone have any sleeper D they can suggest?

Thinking Jacksonville D now

pick up Atlanta D young quick defense getting better and better.

San Diego D is also hella underrated.

Ajayi
Crowder
R Kelley
T west
M forte
R Matthews
K white
Forte AND White both trash on trash teams

jfkgoblue

PSA: the Steelers D/ST play the Browns this week and are 61% owned
And the Rams are 35% owned and are playing an Andrew Luck-less Colts team.
This and the fact that the draft clas he came out of was stacked as shit (Mixon, Cook, Caf, Fournette to name a few).
Guess that makes sense. All those guys went to big time teams, while Kareem dominated the MAC.

It's the first week, but damn does it look like a major steal right now.

I don't wanna get burned on waivers next week so I dropped my worst receiver (Britt) for Bengals D since their Week 2 looks good

I'll alternate the rest I think

QB one? Sorry, I rejected that one.
Ben/John Ross for Crabtree/Bradford

You still have three good WRs with Julio, Pryor, and Garçon and you can stash Ross who'll become a viable flex option this year and give you value so you're not taking a huge hit and if reports are true, he'll be back by week 2-3.

And then you don't have to worry about riding Bradford for 4 weeks plus in case Luck is worse than expected (which is possible imo)

Top Bottom