• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FAST Racing Neo (Wii U) - Jack Merluzzi voice actor

Question, are people really fine with Shin'en doing F-Zero where it'd be the same size and scope as FRN? Because I feel the IP comes with serious expectations, and I don't know if people would really be fine with a smaller game like FRN. Same goes for essentially making FRN but with the Blue Falcon and crew in place of the vehicles, I just don't think it'd work that way.

And Nintendo likely doesn't think the budget required for such a AAA effort like GX is feasible without true confidence that it'll sell, might be why Star Fox Zero isn't exactly pushing the boundaries and its short development cycle (it barely began at E3 last year), I don't think Fox had a big seller at least since Adventures. Believe it or not, that game did really well IIRC, that also quickly became a Player's Choice game from what I recall reading. Can't say the same for Assault and nor maybe Command either.

jariw

I wonder if Ninty will give them the F-Zero IP if they do a good job with this, considering how they like outsourcing at the moment.

Shin'en has already said they aren't interested. (Translation from an Italian interview last year):
We are not interested in becoming part of a larger company. We are interested in making games that we dream of, as well as possible, to as many people as possible.

http://www.nintendon.it/speskullations-9-intervista-shinen-con-contenuti-esclusivi-45093

Top Bottom