• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Zero TV |OT| Now 100% mollusk free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

Fate/Zero 22
I hope Kiritsugu says something directly to Saber finally before the end. the scene felt really awkward and sad between the two, they are opposite of Rider and Waver. Doesn't look like there is any time left for that though :(

ibh7sfzz30y0O2.jpg

she looks really sorry :p

Branduil

You know seeing Kirei finally
free to be himself
really makes me wonder who his
wife
was and if
she knew about his true nature. It's one thing to hide your personality from your father, a very different thing to your spouse.

You know seeing Kirei finally
free to be himself
really makes me wonder who his
wife
was and if
she knew about his true nature. It's one thing to hide your personality from your father, a very different thing to your spouse.

There's a rather long segment about Kirei's life that was omitted from the broadcast version of episode 17 that covers this aspect in detail. It's actually pretty significant in better understanding Kirei's nature, so I'm hoping it'll be added back in for the blu-ray version.

Branduil

There's a rather long segment about Kirei's life that was omitted from the broadcast version of episode 17 that covers this aspect in detail. It's actually pretty significant in better understanding Kirei's nature, so I'm hoping it'll be added back in for the blu-ray version.

That would be neat. And I will now blame you if we don't get that.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Episode 22

That was fun. The last episode before the final battle.

I don't think I like Waver as much as the rest of GAF, but Rider is as awesome as a Servant can be. And then we have Saber, Archer, and Berserker... They're probably the four best Servants in the entire franchise, and they're finally getting together for some tense murder scenes. I can't wait.

The temple finally showing up in this episode made me smile.

I think (FSN spoilers)
we've already seen all the important locations from stay night. The temple, the church, Shirou's house... Oh, and since we're talking about stay night... I'm hoping that we'll get to see a little bit of Shirou before the end of the last episode. Other than the rescue scene's Shirou, I mean.

Every single thing about the preview tells us that
next week's episode will show Rider's final moments.
The imagery, the voiceover, and even the title.

So, uh...

Why are they sleeping in separate beds? Is this a '50s television show?
Symbolism!
Unless I misunderstood or am misremembering, the wife is still in the dark about Waver. The husband is awake with his eyes open to reality, the wife sleeps in blissful ignorance, and they lie out of reach of each other.

duckroll

Why are they sleeping in separate beds? Is this a '50s television show?

Not that uncommon at all. When my grandparents were still alive, they slept in separate beds too. When people get old, lifestyles tend to change.

In other news, I just got back from church, and I think Fate/Zero has truly ruined me. The priest was talking about having conviction, freeing ourselves from doubt, and smiling more. All I could think of was "Oh shit, it's Kotomine Kirei!"... :(

FML.

Branduil

Not that uncommon at all. When my grandparents were still alive, they slept in separate beds too. When people get old, lifestyles tend to change.

In other news, I just got back from church, and I think Fate/Zero has truly ruined me. The priest was talking about having conviction, freeing ourselves from doubt, and smiling more. All I could think of was "Oh shit, it's Kotomine Kirei!"... :(

FML.

But can he wield six swords at once?

Branduil

I don't understand Kirei's fighting style anyway. What's the advantage of six separate blades? Why not just use a weapon that incorporates multiple blades into a single weapon?

I don't understand Kirei's fighting style anyway. What's the advantage of six separate blades? Why not just use a weapon that incorporates multiple blades into a single weapon?
It seems like the individual knives might be something he throws. Hopefully we get to see a Kerry/Kirei battle, we haven't really had the chance to see him in a serious fight yet.

duckroll

Aren't they actually kinda like daggers? We've never seen him actually fight anyone successfully using them as claws. Instead he just holds them like that to have a close range advantage, while he often just throws individual ones instead as projectile weapons. It seems his actual martial arts skills are much more effective anyway, judging from the fight in ep8.

Branduil

It seems like the individual knives might be something he throws. Hopefully we get to see a Kerry/Kirei battle, we haven't really had the chance to see him in a serious fight yet.

Aren't they actually kinda like daggers? We've never seen him actually fight anyone successfully using them as claws. Instead he just holds them like that to have a close range advantage, while he often just throws individual ones instead as projectile weapons. It seems his actual martial arts skills are much more effective anyway, judging from the fight in ep8.

True, but I don't understand how you could use them in close range. You're not going to have a very firm grip holding something inbetween your fingers, at least not outside of anime.

duckroll

True, but I don't understand how you could use them in close range. You're not going to have a very firm grip holding something inbetween your fingers, at least not outside of anime.

Dude, we're talking about blades which kinda materialize in his hands at will, and he seems to have an unlimited number of them. They might not even be real! :p

Well, yeah it's obviously not realistic. You can't fight effectively holding three knives in each hand. Then again, he can
uproot a tree
, maybe his fingers are somehow strong enough to make it work.

fate/zero 22

looks like shits about to go down.

Man waver has grown, from annoying little kid, to slightly less annoying young man, its going to be bittersweet to see him and riders last battle next week. i hope waver makes it through it.Out of all the master/servents these two have the best relationship. total bros. Waver T_T rider T_T. and the conversation with the grandpa was kind of sad, waver being a better grandson, than the dudes douche kids. Kirei is still a magnificent bastard, more so after the dialog with irisveil. Kirei's wtf expression, when irisviel tells him that kerry's ideal is to actually stop all bloodshed. then the whole cold blooded necksnapping. the fight between him and kerrytugu should be interesting, more so that apparently kirei has found his reason to fight, which essentially is to troll kerrytugu by smashing the grail infront of him.:D Also wonder if kariya is going to get the hint that he's being played by Kirei? and if he does find out how that will play out

Cant wait for next week.

Articalys

Crossposting because it's worth mentioning twice.

At the end of this episode,
they used that twisted version of "let the stars fall down" perfectly

Oh man, this is getting intense.

F/Z 22 spoilers:

For me, Waver and Rider have really been at the center of this series, providing the in point, so to speak. Waver, while a brat at first, didn't seem to be as inherently fucked up as everyone else taking part in the war, so it was easier to identify with him. Over time though, his character arc quickly became my favorite. I can't even begin to remember the last time I worried about a character's well being in an anime.

That moment between him and his 'grandfather' on the roof was super touching and I definitely shed some tears when Rider told him that they were already friends.

This show is so fucking good guys.

Go_Ly_Dow

fate/zero 22

another great build up episode. now i'm super hyped for climax!

most important point of this episode was that single frame shot confirming that...
kariya still lives!

Fate Zero 22
Waver is the star of this episode. All dialogue this episode, but I don't mind. Waver sitting on the roof and talking to the grandpa. He knows his own grandkids don't spend time on the roof and totally blew Waver's cover. It was a warming moment when he tells him after living a long life that it might not be worth it to risk your life in the end. That's why he rashly used all three command seals on Rider. Rider still takes him along and considers him a friend. I seriously wanted to see Rider and Waver do a brofist. Bros till the end!! They are the most dynamic team. Cheering for Team Waver 110%
Can't forget about Irisviel. He axed her quick.
Next episode is the climax. Next week gotta come faster.

Branduil

FML.

This reminds me, what's the deal with this show having priests who are married and have kids? They don't seem to be Eastern Orthodox, LOL.

duckroll

This reminds me, what's the deal with this show having priests who are married and have kids? They don't seem to be Eastern Orthodox, LOL.

I think religion works different in Nasuverse. That is to say, I think he's pulling shit out of his ass. :p

*cough*

Branduil

I think religion works different in Nasuverse. That is to say, I think he's pulling shit out of his ass. :p

*cough*

I guess they could just use the excuse that they have secret families just like they're secretly mages, lol. Although I don't know how that would work when someone with your last name, who looks like you but 30 years younger, and is also a priest, shows up. It also seems like a bad idea to have people in a theoretically secret group of church assassins walking around dressed in priestly robes.

You can probably chalk it up to Nasu not understanding the workings of the Catholic church, or not caring because he needed a backstory for Kotomine.

wait... isn't the show suppose to be 26 eps? Fake climax leading to jrpg final boss with many wings and heads?

Or are they gonna draw this stuff out? Hmmmm... can't wait for next week anyhow.

I just watched season 1 and its pretty good. I am disappointed it will turn out to be so short. Season 2 looks good but having a hard time finding a way to get subs.

duckroll

Credits for the final episodes:

Episode 24
Storyboard - Ei Aoki
Episode Direction - Ei Aoki, Kei Tsunematsu
Animation Direction - Atsushi Ikariya, Tomonori Sudou, Keita Shimizu, Jun'ya Kikuchi

Episode 25
Storyboard - Ei Aoki
Episode Direction - Ei Aoki
Animation Direction - Tomonori Sudou

It was just brought to my attention that the airing date of Fate/Zero 23 is the same day that Alexander the Great passed away. Coincidence? Or a painfully clever plan?

Theonik

It was just brought to my attention that the airing date of Fate/Zero 23 is the same day that Alexander the Great passed away. Coincidence? Or a painfully clever plan?
They planned all this out 2 seasons in advance! Sorry team "Waver/Rider wins" can't argue against evidence such as this.

Alexander the Great died on June 10th.

Place of death? Babylon.

It's as good as having Kiritsugu's flashback end on Mother's Day.

duckroll

Interestingly enough, it seems there are no preview screens or article this week. Either there is some terrible production delay of some sort (unlikely, because Ufotable is awesome and amazing, etc, etc), or they are not going to release them for the last few episodes to keep us all surprised. Hawt!

Alexander the Great died on June 10th.

Place of death? Babylon.

It's as good as having Kiritsugu's flashback end on Mother's Day.

It's not a coincidence. But I don't think they planned it out either. It is simply that Fate/Zero is so good that the high heavens have blessed them with the best airing schedule of all time. :bow

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Interestingly enough, it seems there are no preview screens or article this week. Either there is some terrible production delay of some sort (unlikely, because Ufotable is awesome and amazing, etc, etc), or they are not going to release them for the last few episodes to keep us all surprised. Hawt!

It's not a coincidence. But I don't think they planned it out either. It is simply that Fate/Zero is so good that the high heavens have blessed them with the best airing schedule of all time. :bow

Lolz

Also, did anyone notice that the BD Box II lists approx. 215 minutes. That's not right, right?

EDIT: Episode 23 pre-release images.

http://seventhstyle.com/2012/06/08/fatezero-episode-23-pre-release-images/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom