• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Seaside Towns?

Nyx

Good-ol' Booty Bay
aa0404.jpg

Yup, wanted to post this.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Does Besaid Island count?

Besaid-Beach-FFX.jpg

Tetranet

500px-RatchetWide.jpg

Good old Ratchet in The Barrens of Kalimdor. Goblin neutral city, great questing, midpoint on the road to Dustwallow Marsh and base for the parties venturing into the Wailing Caverns. Ship route to Booty bay as well.

Also, the images in the OP are amazing.

sublimit

Banned
Love all of your contributions guys!Keep them coming. :)

Everywhere in Chrono Cross.

Arni.png

2-generalkid13.jpg

Marbule.png

Termina.png

Man i hate that i haven't played this game (thanks to the game never been released in Europe).One of the best art directions of any PS1 game and hands down one of the best OSTs in video game history.

Costa Del Sol (XIV > VII)

Hey,i didn't knew Costa del Sol was in XIV.That's cool.

I hate everything about the one in XIV - no sense of place whatsoever, just awful music and a bunch of wooden walkways with people in swimwear on it.

Eurgh.

Oh.:/

Ritardando in Eternal Sonata is beautiful. I love how everything sparkles in the game. (at least that's how i remember it)

Another game i haven't played but from the screens i've seen i loved its environments (although i hate not being able to move the camera around)

This + Wreckage Beach in Xenoblade.

Another great choice!I'll post a screen for you!
468px-Fallen_Arm.jpg

wmlk

QEiJSf4.jpg

gjdw837.jpg

It just looks so nice.... And I loved that everyone runs around in swimsuits, even your party!

Edit: And basically every island in The Wind Waker, especially Windfall!

Level-5 seriously makes the comfiest looking games. I just wish this game was a bit more fun to play.

Oh GOD this thread

One of my favorite types of locations, in games and in real life, yet I hardly ever think about them.

I'm listening to this while looking at the thread and it's perfect. Maybe someday Studio Ghibli will get Level 5 to make a Kiki's Delivery Service game and you'll be able to add it to this thread...

Celegus

Man these are some of my favorite towns ever. Seaside towns rock. Summers, Delfino Plaza, Wind Waker, it's all great.

StuBurns

Banned
I came to post Nier, but God damn the art in Chrono Cross is impeccable. It has the best sound track ever too, such wasted potential.

Came to post Nier....and we're done.
Same here. I didn't even like Nier that much but the look and feel of the seaside town filled me with joy. It also had one of the most beautiful tracks on an already incredible ost. Nier really did post apocalyptic picturesque nicely.

My favorite:

Numara (Lost Odyseey):

I also love the fisherman town of Cassardis (Dragon's Dogma), for its authentic atmosphere:

Came for the commerce town in Nier, was not disappointed.

Does that count as seaside? It's a lake.

I agree but it was one of my favorite "port town" styled towns in WoW. Man, brings back memories... That and STV, Booty Bay, etc.

A description of what this is would help, because it looks awesome.

One of my favorites that hasn't been listed yet is Harbor Town Polpota from Legend of Mana:

20-032.png

Such catchy music too, it's mellow and yet busy sounding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpbcPcmIFz8

Loved the game too, so much charm and wonder among the different locales.

sublimit

Banned
One of my favorites that hasn't been listed yet is Harbor Town Polpota from Legend of Mana:

20-032.png

Such catchy music too, it's mellow and yet busy sounding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpbcPcmIFz8

Loved the game too, so much charm and wonder among the different locales.

Never played LoM (or any Mana game) but that screen looks very charming.Nice music too.

Another pick would be Okinawa in Yakuza 3.Yes i know it was a very small area but i loved that place.Really wish we could explore the beach area a bit more.
ryugaoki.jpg

Skidd

I'd definitely live in a place like Delfino Plaza from Sunshine. Don't know if I'd like the heat though...

Top Bottom