• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite villain from X-Men?

Slayven

Xavier's true X-men

s4StV6y.jpg

jph139

I'd say Magneto or Emma Frost, but honestly they're best as "morally grey antagonist" than full-out villains. So I'll toss Reverend Stryker out there.

kYE03Vk.jpg

I really love when the X-Men are up against people like him (or Senator Kelly) - regular humans who are just real cunts about the whole mutant thing. Like, you can't really even fight him. He's just mundane, insidious, perverting hatred - even if he gets torn down there'll be someone new to take his place.

HiiiLife

Magneto is one of my fav Marvel characters period. So him.

Omega Red second.

Don’t really care that much for anyone else.

I'd go for Mr. Sinister.

The others have their own agendas and act to set them off, but Mr. Sinister prefer to stay in the shadows manipulating guys and we are not exactly sure if what he says is true or not.

Slayven

For real lets give it up for Ahab, a crazy cyborg that goes around chucking harpoons at Mutants

98630-173110-ahab.jpg

Upstarts, young rich mutants that hunt other mutants because they are bored

upstarts.jpg

Ri'Orius

See, if it's just that bringing the original 5 into the present thing that makes Beast a villain, whatever

Heroes make mistakes

I haven't been following closely: has there been significant fallout from that? It definitely seemed like the sort of thing that they always say will have grave time/space continuum-y consequences (a la Flashpoint) but I never heard of those materializing for the time-displaced X-Men...

Althane

Spidey always there for the kids

He's really the heart of the Earth-based Marvel crew.

I should really figure out what's going in the Marvel Universe these days. I feel like I haven't read mainstream Marvel since... an event or two before Civil War II.

The X-Men got a really cool rogues gallery. Granted a lot of them are weird fucks with a laundry list of powers and abilities but you gotta bring the heat when you’re going up against a team with a lot of heavy hitters of their own.

Sugarman is one I haven’t seen mentioned yet though obviously dudes like Mags, Sinister, Apoc, SK, are pretty good.

I also really liked Danger.

Temp_User

Sinister. Dude has the quality and quantity (and in the case of the Summer bloodline,way over-used) of stories to fill the primary antagonist role just in case Mags went super-hero permanently.

There’s a lot of great Xmen Villains. Mr Sinster, Sebastian Shaw, Apocalypse , Shadow King.

But I think Magneto is still one of the best villains/ anti-Heroes Marvel has ever put out.

Renekton

Was Apocalypse, until the internet taught me how low his power levels are.

Like, Gladiator would use him as a basketball.

Slayven

Which was these were intended to be Mr.Sinster's origin?

An immortal mutant stuck in the form of an 8 year old child who was obsessed with being Cyclops friend?

or

A time displaced and insane Colossus fulfilling a temporal paradox?

Fair enough lol

Ended the original trilogy with a dud till DOFP redeemed it.

X-Men 3 is still the most successful of the X-Men films, despite it being retconned out. Ratner was hired as a last minute replacement, and the script was rewritten at the last minute too. I'm not some Ratner defender, but a lot more of what happened with X3 should probably fall more on the fox-studio side of things. They really didn't know what they wanted to do with The X-Men until after First Class.

For real lets give it up for Ahab, a crazy cyborg that goes around chucking harpoons at Mutants

98630-173110-ahab.jpg

Ahab was okay. Man, reading that first arc with him was whiplash with the artwork. At least it ended with sweet Art Adams art.

But really, the greatest X-Men villain of all is this:
bob-harras.jpg

Top Bottom