• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FCC wireless chip filing makes me think Sony will announce new Vita hardware

BreakAtmo

I would love an updated SKU just for legacy support at this point.

Yeah, what with the New PS Vita not being perfect and all. I'd dig a last hurrah legacy model with great build quality, a better battery, USB Type-C, a microSD card slot supporting up to 512GB, and a screen using Samsung's latest Super AMOLED Plus tech, which shouldn't be hard now with 544p screens being easy to make.

edit: Oh, and HDMI-out following the PSTV's failure.

Deadstar

If this doesn't have non proprietary memory it's DEAD and I hope it dies. This is what initially killed the Vita. You had to pay $100 extra for a decent 32 gb memory slot. They can use proprietary memory, but if so the memory needs to be priced according to real market values. Make the 128gb $20.

Yeah, what with the New PS Vita not being perfect and all. I'd dig a last hurrah legacy model with great build quality, a better battery, USB Type-C, a microSD card slot supporting up to 512GB, and a screen using Samsung's latest Super AMOLED Plus tech, which shouldn't be hard now with 544p screens being easy to make.

Yep, that's pretty much everything I'd want. Plus maybe some vibration support.

Quotient

I am confused, why are we convinced this is for the Vita, especially with Sony about to announce a revision of the PS4 (aka Neo), this may most likely be for the Neo.

Rudiano

Banned
I'm late to the party, so is this Vita or no? I skimmed the first 3 or so pages.

A new Vita would hype me beyond belief but I don't wanna freak out over nothing.

a new wireless chip that has initials similar to that of the Vita. GAF freaks out thinking its for the Vita 2 lol

dallow_bg

nods at old men

That'd be a sweet goodbye love letter.

I am confused, why are we convinced this is for the Vita, especially with Sony about to announce a revision of the PS4 (aka Neo), this may most likely be for the Neo.
People are convinced this is for Vita because they're gullible and only read thread titles.

kpaadet

Don't really know how I feel about this rumor, I like my Vita but I would still prefer if Sony just focused on home consoles.
Edit: Guess it's nothing, cool.

If this doesn't have non proprietary memory it's DEAD and I hope it dies. This is what initially killed the Vita. You had to pay $100 extra for a decent 32 gb memory slot. They can use proprietary memory, but if so the memory needs to be priced according to real market values. Make the 128gb $20.
I'm pretty sure the memory cards were a way to make money off of the Vita on top of adding security.

How the hell can people hype for this after failure of original Vita's gaming side?

Because there are great experiences to be had on the system, that's why. I personally don't see 'logically' why Sony would release another handheld, but if they did and forego the proprietary memory card crap, I'd definitely buy another Vita, whether it be a revision of existing hardware( microSD support?) or the next generation portable. Though I would think, in terms of branding, that if this was a 'new' system they may want to drop the Vita name.

He doesnt outright deny anything

We simply dont know how much hardware they are certifying and what it is outside of the already confirmed PS Neo

Slim is a rumor and a Vita revision is an even weaker rumor

doesnt mean they wont have something to show that uses the certified hardware in some way

What interests me is that we may have an actual surprise in store that hasnt leaked yet

Dammit. I think I may have caused this thread after linking to a B3D post about these FCC fillings yesterday in the PlayStation Meeting thread.

Here is the latest post from the above poster: https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/1935324/

He was just joking about Vita 2.

Sorry, MrFox.
Not surprised. As much as I like my Vita, there isn't any angle where a new iteration of a Sony handheld makes sense in my head numbers wise.
EDIT: and use the Vita name nonetheless!

Verelios

This is huge. I always knew the Vita just needed to find its own space to take off and we're here. I'm day 1 for this.

Edit: You know what you have to do now, right OP? You're going to have to commit sudoku.

BreakAtmo

This is probably nothing. Though, we have Project Morpheus and PlayStation Neo - it sounds to me like there is probably something called Trinity in the works. Maybe that's just the code name for the PS4 Slim?

Can we get a mod to close this thread considering it's now apparent this is an inaccurate rumor based on the OP's own narrative.

We're getting a lot of people ignoring this revelation.

Banned
In the Name of Father
QONVIyz.gif

The Son
tumblr_m6ts4zTHhR1roc7alo1_400.gif

And the Holy Spirit
tumblr_o0jragqLxA1qaqitjo1_500.gif
Amen.

Top Bottom