• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

somedevil

It's almost like the simple team of Dusty Rhodes and Ryan Ward has a tighter vision than a room full of writers working to please a maniac like Vince McMahon.

If your taking about NXT then Vince has no influence on it. Before it was Dusty and Ward doing writing while Triple H looks over it and makes suggestions.

Now Ward writes Smackdown with Road Dog who goes to Vince to get approval. NXT has a new writer still with Triple H. Not sure who replaced Dusty though.

And he was also clever, like how he maneuvered Sami and Regal into giving him an NXT title match without doing anything to earn it, by making sure Sami would stop at nothing to face him for revenge, but refuse to have any match unless it was a title match.
Exactly, and it also had the added element of KO saying he wanted the title because 'it meant more money' for his family, but really you could tell he's doing it just to hurt Zayn.

God NXT KO was such a great character. NXT was so good back then.

I guarantee Cody turns on Kenny and becomes new Bullet Club leader. That faction is doomed to eat shit forever.

Face Kenny will be cash dollars though.

C4mR46eWAAAG5G8.jpg

Also if they ever do merge the heavy and Jr. tag titles, Okada/Ospreay would be my dream team <3

Yeah, if they're really going to double down on garbage Bullet Club, they've got to split the Elite off.

Ithil

If your taking about NXT then Vince has no influence on it. Before it was Dusty and Ward doing writing while Triple H looks over it and makes suggestions.

Now Ward writes Smackdown with Road Dog who goes to Vince to get approval. NXT has a new writer still with Triple H. Not sure who replaced Dusty though.

I don't think anyone can replace Dusty. Which is probably why the character work in NXT has dropped in quality since his death.

Im with most of you, That was the best segment I have seen on RAW in maybe 3-4 years. In fact i cant remember one better. This tells me the writers had nothing to do with it. Jericho's work has been other worldly. He is so damn good. I really have no words for how good he was last night.

When did Tammy Sytch get together with Dolph?

orioto

Good Art™
Character psychology stuff aside, what I miss most about Owens are his matches. His last one with Reigns was ok, but the way he's booked as champ doesn't seem to allow for a pre-championship Owens match.

But somewhat.. that HAS to change now. I mean, i don't see how Owens can comeback to a goofy heel character after this week. There is no turning back or it would be so incoherent.

That's what so interesting about it. If this is monster charismatic Owens now, a match against Reings would be completely different for example.

Now that i think about it, Bray not only won its first title but defeated, clean, in an impressive manner, Cena THEN AJ Styles, which is incredible when you think about it. Then Joe will be pushed pretty high probably.

This is the chubby wwe era

With how that KO/Jericho segment went you can pretty much tell it's another one of those angles that "creative" has little to no input in just like years back with the Jericho/HBK feud.

The days of Bayley being the baby face in a chase but falling short and that chapter of her character pretty much came to a close in NXT. But a "surprise" title changes on Raw again is kinda getting dumb, I get why they're doing it but it feels like wasted moments.

They do have a PPV in 3 weeks.

I know but the way they brought up Raw being in California next week seemed like a sign something will probably happen there. Fastlane seems more like an appropriate place for Sasha to turn.

klonere

Banned
When yer da thinks he has Twitter figured out but instead comes across like a creepy old man

Bill Goldberg
&#8207;@Goldberg

.@FightOwensFight Well... If "Goldberg" or "Sir" doesn't work for you, than yes, Daddy is fine.

Yeah, if they're really going to double down on garbage Bullet Club, they've got to split the Elite off.

I really hope this happens but The Bucks are like the only drawing portion of that whole affair for ROH so I'd stay they are stuck in it until forever.

I really hope this happens but The Bucks are like the only drawing portion of that whole affair for ROH so I'd stay they are stuck in it until forever.
I mean you split them off as ROH then you can

A) Still sell/promote/whatever the Bullet Club, cause it sure ain't the stable prestige that's selling shirts anymore
B) Still separately sell the Bucks, and do even more of that
C) Build to a big Bucks vs BC programme that should make you loadsamoney if you do it right

of course, this all assumes ROH is competent.

klonere

Banned
Twitch chat: Any tips for an aspiring pro wrestler?

Matt Riddle: Steroids and gymnastics
(he was quoting his mate who is off mic)

Sephzilla

GWF update, Sephzilla -- go!

Three more CAWs graduated from the performance center yesterday.

GWF Performance Center will be closed on Valentines Day because Sephy needs to get his game on.

All signs are still pointing towards the first GWF PPV happening this weekend. Solid information will be made available by Thursday at the latest.

Zach

Three more CAWs graduated from the performance center yesterday.

GWF Performance Center will be closed on Valentines Day because Sephy needs to get his game on.

All signs are still pointing towards the first GWF PPV happening this weekend. Solid information will be made available by Thursday at the latest.

Don't forget to max out my guy's stats.

Sephzilla

I don't think I can ever come to appreciate Luger mostly because I always remember him as nothing but a charisma vacuum from his WWF run

Sephzilla

Any matches signed yet or in the works for the GWF ppv?

1) Sephzilla vs Zach in an Extreme Rules Match
2) MAIN EVENT - 30 Man Royal Rumble to crown the first ever GWF World Champion

I actually have a complete card "ready" but I don't want to announce it yet until I have more of the roster done.

ElRenoRaven

Hey wrestleGAF. Just wanted to say the most fun goofy wrestling promotion and hottest new thing now has their own VOD. Check this out. They have last months event up now.

https://video.wrestlecircus.com/

January's card consists of the following.

Space Monkey Vs Jervis Cottonbelly
Extra Talent-ed Vs Rey Fenix & Laredo Kid
Moose Vs Jeff Cobb
Christi Jaynes Vs Allie Kat
Sideshow Championship Survival Match: Scorpio Sky Vs Willie Mack, Ethan Page, Jordan Len-X and Gregory James
Sammy Guevara Vs Shane Strickland
Rachael Ellering Vs Jessicka Havok, Delilah Doom and Leva Bates
Texas Bullrope Match: Jax Dane Vs "Texas Lion" Houston Carson
Killer Elite Squad Vs Guerrillas of Destiny
Ringmaster Title Match (vacant): Brian Cage Vs Michael Elgin to become the new WrestleCircus Ringmaster

Zach

1) Sephzilla vs Zach in an Extreme Rules Match
2) MAIN EVENT - 30 Man Royal Rumble to crown the first ever GWF World Champion

I actually have a complete card "ready" but I don't want to announce it yet until I have more of the roster done.

We're still in that Championship Tussle, though, righ?

Righ?!

Watching last night, I thought Jericho said "Why are you on the list?" Implying Owens put himself on the list for what he was about to do (I didn't see it was the list of KO until I saw a replay).

I thought that would have worked better even.
That would have killed me. It's kinda like the Shawn "I'm sorry, I love you." right before he retires Flair. I'm still all worked up from yesterday lol. What an amazing fucking segment. I'm glad they were able to do all that despite being on RAW.

Matt Riddle is streaming DARK SOULS THE THIRD

https://www.twitch.tv/riddlebropws
Is he cheebed out of his mind?

Considering I swiftly bailed on Raw live after the horrible Roman/Steph combo I'm shocked at how solid the show was otherwise, like in a genuinely best Raw (that wasn't after mania) in years.

Obviously the prime reason being the festival of friendship segment which ran the gauntlet of emotions, I hadn't laughed as much at a WWE segment since the original Rock Concert and when the betrayal happened I audibly let out a "NOOO!", like hot damn I haven't reacted to dastardly heel antics like that since 2001, they got me, they had me enter full markdom and it was wonderful.

Bonus points for Emmalina immediately dropping the gimmick, setting up hitman Joe vs Zayn and Reigns getting slammed and promptly looking like he was tearing up on the canvas.

Adding to this, I'm a Bayley mark and while I'd have much preferred a big PPV title win (boy that whole WM event would've been nice) I'm just going to take what I got here which was a very solid women's main event where one of the few fully likeable faces for me got their moment.

All in all between Elimination Chamber and this episode of Raw WWE did pretty good, even if it goes to shit again in a week I'm just going to enjoy this right now.

Kane is booked tonight.

The only thing the show was missing, I'd say why would you lie to me Man God but clearly you somehow knew that it was actually gonna be a worthwhile show and this could get me to stay watching without actual spoilers.
Goody Guy God.

Top Bottom