• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Lugar was very important to WCW. His interview with Bischoff was a real gem. Made me remember how important he was, and how according to Eric, how easy he was to work with.

KANE TONIGHT?

In a way I'm relieved Emmalina is Emma again but what the fuck on how it took seventeen weeks for that shit.

That's what you'd think. People probably tuned out after that commercial from the friendship thing.
Haven't the women on Raw when in the main event consistently gotten some better third hour ratings then the usual three hour stuff get?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Considering I swiftly bailed on Raw live after the horrible Roman/Steph combo I'm shocked at how solid the show was otherwise, like in a genuinely best Raw (that wasn't after mania) in years.

Obviously the prime reason being the festival of friendship segment which ran the gauntlet of emotions, I hadn't laughed as much at a WWE segment since the original Rock Concert and when the betrayal happened I audibly let out a "NOOO!", like hot damn I haven't reacted to dastardly heel antics like that since 2001, they got me, they had me enter full markdom and it was wonderful.

Bonus points for Emmalina immediately dropping the gimmick, setting up hitman Joe vs Zayn and Reigns getting slammed and promptly looking like he was tearing up on the canvas.

Adding to this, I'm a Bayley mark and while I'd have much preferred a big PPV title win (boy that whole WM event would've been nice) I'm just going to take what I got here which was a very solid women's main event where one of the few fully likeable faces for me got their moment.

All in all between Elimination Chamber and this episode of Raw WWE did pretty good, even if it goes to shit again in a week I'm just going to enjoy this right now.

The only thing the show was missing, I'd say why would you lie to me Man God but clearly you somehow knew that it was actually gonna be a worthwhile show and this could get me to stay watching without actual spoilers.
Goody Guy God.
I had a feeling and decided to use a little red lie to extend our own Festival of Friendship.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's kind of hilarious how Zayn is getting kind of a push completely out of necessity - he's the only babyface of relevance other than Roman Reigns.

KANE TONIGHT?

In a way I'm relieved Emmalina is Emma again but what the fuck on how it took seventeen weeks for that shit.

Haven't the women on Raw when in the main event consistently gotten some better third hour ratings then the usual three hour stuff get?
Sasha and Bayley are different people brother. The statement would work if it were the same two people probably but haven't seen any samples that show those two will draw well. We'll see later.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The only WWE person that's an actual draw is Cena. It seems pretty clear at this point.

Zach

You should watch your back, friend

zYzul3a.png

Wait, what's going on here? Hold on, man! What are you doing? Listen to me -- day one, man, when I set my eyes on you, brother! You're the reason I got in professional entertainment! You were like a god to me, a role model! You're the one that took me from nothing to the world's title! You're the one that taught me about respect for the lurkers, about helping the posters, good sports-entertainment-ship, you set the mould for me to follow, man! When I won the world title, you poured champagne over my head! It was like a bond of friendship! No, Kornflayx, it's not happening! Tell me it's not so, man! Kornflayx, please, man! It's not happening! We're friends, Kornflayz, please!

You should watch your back, duuude!

Zach

You think you can beat me? IT. CAN'T. BE. DONE

I will literally and figuratively lift your massive 1000-pound frame high above my head into the heavens, brother, and then slam you back down to earth, dude!

May have to feud with Zach, I don't like hugs.

How many concurrent feuds can one man have?? Here, take UrbanDandy for a bit. I'll get back to you by Sports-Entertainia IV. I promise.

Should Jack Gallagher benefit in being with the Vaudvillains, or are they no longer over?
It's pathetic when people with actual gimmicks get pushed aside while bland guys with now characters get a push. That bullshit with Enzo fucked them up, then you also have a hot head in the group as well that doesn't do them any favours. They can hold the stick and they can wrestle.

I think he's referring to Linda.

I thought they were over for a while when they were called up from NXT. after they arrived, New Day took over.
They were called up on a random Smackdown, sent to die

Then Enzo and Cass came up. There was a bit of heat between them and then Enzo getting concussed seemed to have completely killed any push they might have gotten

Pikma

Banned
It's pathetic when people with actual gimmicks get pushed aside while bland guys with now characters get a push. That bullshit with Enzo fucked them up, then you also have a hot head in the group as well that doesn't do them any favours. They can hold the stick and they can wrestle.
Lmao but their actual gimmick is trash, that shit was always DOA, you're the only one who likes these jobber gimmicks, I wonder why that is mr. jobberkaveli

Is it Simon Gotch? I heard he has backstage heat.

Zach

Why do you make fun of people for things they can't control, OwensIsNow? Does it make you feel good inside? Keep it up and one day your heart will fill up with deceit, burn up, and die.

Keeping the New Day on top as a dominant face tag team hurt the tag division, most of the tag teams looking like losers to begin with didn't help either.

I kinda wish Emma had gone full Seven to shoot on the gimmick being a piece of shit.
I was hoping for this, there was enough material there to make it work, hopefully it comes up especially since it'd just be an extension of what she was already doing as Evil Emma.
Should Jack Gallagher benefit in being with the Vaudvillains, or are they no longer over?

The Vaudevillains died when their gimmicks were basically dropped and they never went hard on it as they should have, they should've had them going out and doing Vaudeville shit while being as carny as possible, they're supposed to be a "throw back" but they largely still wrestle modern WWE tag wrestling, the Revival are more of a throw back than the Vaudevillains ever were. Keep Jack away, far far away, they're meant to be different gimmicks anyway.

Top Bottom