• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Felix Saul, Russia-born dealmaker linked to Trump assists laundering probe

https://www.ft.com/content/159eb2d8-6162-11e7-8814-0ac7eb84e5f1?mhq5j=e2

Felix Sater, a Russian-born dealmaker with organised-crime connections who worked on property ventures including Trump Soho in Manhattan, has attracted attention in recent months as efforts continue to chart the links between the US president's circle and moneymen from Russia and its neighbours.

Mr Sater has now agreed to co-operate with an international investigation into the alleged money-laundering network, five people with knowledge of the matter said. The co-operation has included working with a team of lawyers and private investigators pursuing civil cases across three continents, the people said. Mr Sater declined to comment.

Wow this is huge news. Trump must be scared as all fuck right now.

Link to a better article, for those who have issues accessing this one. http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckra...ter-cooperating-kazakh-money-laundering-probe

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Put it in Quotes, not Code.

Also, it's pretty big. This dude loves flipping on people, why does anyone ever trust him?

I don't know, starting to seem more likely the Russian mob has sold out Trump to protect their business interests, at this point.

His little dictator act is bringing a lot more scrutiny than they like, I imagine.

Deku Tree

If all this turns into nothing That they can pin on Trump then the entire international news media is gonna look pretty bad. I really hope that doesn't happen.

I don't know, starting to seem more likely the Russian mob has sold out Trump to protect their business interests, at this point.

His little dictator act is bringing a lot more scrutiny than they like, I imagine.

I refuse to believe any plans they had with Trump have changed at all.
They can use him, damage the entire country for years to come and dump his dumb ass.

This was always the deal.

I refuse to believe any plans they had with Trump have changed at all.
They can use him, damage the entire country for years to come and dump his dumb ass.

This was always the deal.

He might still be politically useful to Russia, but I think he's become a massive liability to the oligarchs due to the breadth and scope of the investigation into his dealings.

And at the end of the day, this all goes back to money. Removing the sanctions (or making them toothless by destroying the American economy) is a high-value play, but if everything the oligarchs have built unravels in the process... well, don't expect patriotism from that lot.

royalan

If all this turns into nothing That they can pin on Trump then the entire international news media is gonna look pretty bad. I really hope that doesn't happen.
Why?

This isn't the news media. This is an international investigation involving intelligence agencies from several countries.

The media is just doing its job and reporting. Let's not fall for Trump's shit.

Dambrosi

Banned
Why isn't this thread at 20 pages by now? Is something else coming? Or is NeoGAF slipping?

This is fucking huge. Bigly, in fact. The biglyest. And even if it's still just speculation (and it isn't), I've seen Off Topic go nuts over less.

A play in 3 Acts.

C_Z1skIUMAADBuh.jpg

1EaZrQR.jpg

eubWvto.png

Shadybiz

#shook

*Cackling* at his calling someone else thick.

Talk about "thick"...if you have a contract like that, would the Trump Organization SERIOUSLY not have done ANY research into who this person is??

If they did and still made the deal, then they willingly got involved with criminals.

If they did not, then they're just incompetent, or, dare I say...thick.

Why isn't this thread at 20 pages by now? Is something else coming? Or is NeoGAF slipping?

This is fucking huge. Bigly, in fact. The biglyest. And even if it's still just speculation (and it isn't), I've seen Off Topic go nuts over less.

Because Trump didn't tweet and it isn't BREAKING NEWS!!! .

"he'd been to prison for stabbing a man in the face"

Jesus tap-dancing Christ
To be fair it was slashing a guy in a bar with the stem of a broken glass but yeah.

He also became a sort of Bulger figure cooperating with the New York FBI because of what he claimed was inside knowledge of missiles and terrorists. The hints are that the New York FBI were tangled up with him and his money tricks pretty deeply which made him untouchable.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Funny how he said "I wouldn't really know what he looked like" for Putin and Sater. His usual slimy go-to.

"Maybe you're thick."
Gah, someone needs to deck him a clean one on the mouth.

The most interesting part of this comment is Trump saying he couldn't just break the contract when the opposite is true. If there is evidence of fraud, malfeasance, theft, etc. virtually all contracts can be terminated.

But that would mean Trump actually gave a damn about business ethics.

Zubz

Banned
The most interesting part of this comment is Trump saying he couldn't just break the contract when the opposite is true. If there is evidence of fraud, malfeasance, theft, etc. virtually all contracts can be terminated.

I really hope this bites him back in some way.

In for a penny, in for a pound. Trump has no clue what he got himself into. Neither does anyone else except Mueller and his team lol.

jelly

Talk about "thick"...if you have a contract like that, would the Trump Organization SERIOUSLY not have done ANY research into who this person is??

If they did and still made the deal, then they willingly got involved with criminals.

If they did not, then they're just incompetent, or, dare I say...thick.

It's known Trump may not be as rich as he says and banks don't lend to him anymore, well except really dodgy ones so I wouldn't be surprised he knowingly got involved with criminals otherwise his business would go under. Hell, even Kushner is skint. The cards are going to come crashing down if the FBI find tasty stuff.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Classic Trump form to implicate himself in a second failure while denying the first.

See also "Obama didn't do anything about the Russians ... Who we don't know were involved."

And that's just today.

I was waiting for news on the Mueller front. I anxiously await the date that we can get confirmation of somebody flipping and providing incriminating testimony/evidence.

It's known Trump may not be as rich as he says and banks don't lend to him anymore, well except really dodgy ones so I wouldn't be surprised he knowingly got involved with criminals otherwise his business would go under. Hell, even Kushner is skint. The cards are going to come crashing down if the FBI find tasty stuff.

And state charges aren't pardonable. New York State AG Schneiderman is going to get a GIANT file of evidence at some point.

Kinda hit fatigue with the investigation news. I don't think we will have another "big" story until someone flips and testifies.

People can only follow 1 major news and 3 minor news a day.

So apparently this guy has a reputation for flipping, and that's how he's avoided jail time thus far? (I thought someone said so in the other thread.) Why on earth would sketchy mafia types keep working with someone who has a reputation for flipping?

So apparently this guy has a reputation for flipping, and that's how he's avoided jail time thus far? (I thought someone said so in the other thread.) Why on earth would sketchy mafia types keep working with someone who has a reputation for flipping?

It was actually classified information in the DOJ for like 20 years that he was cooperating.

this is big, but I want more, I want enough flippers to take down trump and his shanty town empire. I want the repubs that helped facilitate this to also get justice.

And state charges aren't pardonable. New York State AG Schneiderman is going to get a GIANT file of evidence at some point.
Well, to be pedantic they are, just by the state governor and not the president. Theoretically a Republican could win the NY governorship in 2018 and pardon him.

Top Bottom